Staff Salaries too high?

Just recently took over Havant and Waterlooville. Hired many staff members.

Manager:975$ p/w

and 7 Month by Month No Contracts.

I look on my finances screen and it says 12000 + in staff wage. How is this possible? Are month to month contracts actually more expensive? I guess I'm just not sure where this is coming from. I pretended that the Non-Contracts are worth 240 a week. Even then all the wages combined were less than 4 grand.

What's going on? Thanks for any help.

Are you checking the expenditures to get the staff salaries? There you will see the summarized monthly cost.

If you assume non contracts are 240 p/w that means you are paying out £3295 pr week, or roughly £13000 in a 4 week month.

Yes you are exactly correct. I was looking at that screen, saw the number and thought it was high. I got the same math as you as well. Is everything on that page monthly and how do you know? Ex: are player salaries on the expenditure page also monthly?

Thanks a bunch for the help. Very relieved

I am also under the impression that staff salaries are too high, they also demand very high salaries during contract renewal negotiations and usually they are definitely not keen to negotiate more than a ~5% margin of their initial high request.

I am also under the impression that staff salaries are too high, they also demand very high salaries during contract renewal negotiations and usually they are definitely not keen to negotiate more than a ~5% margin of their initial high request.

I've found the exact opposite with negotiating staff salaries, they usually settle for exactly what they are already on, albeit after about 15 rounds of back and forth!

You'll see 'last month' and 'this month' where the latter is showing much you spent so far in the current month.

Now this concerns me. I was looking in the 'this month' section, so I'm not sure why the numbers are so big.

EDIT: Just loaded up my game and I think I know where the math is coming from. 975+240+200+200= 1615 * 4 = 6460. Then I take the Non-Contracts and say they are 200. I multiply that by 7 people, and multiply that by 4 months. I get right around 12 grand which is what it says on the finance screen under 'this month'. I'm only on the 4th day of the month so I'm not sure why the money is ALREADY 12000. Maybe the Non-Con are worth a little more, and they get paid everything up-front?

Any thoughts?

Archived