Option to send players on a language course

With the assistant manager constantly giving me the match advice "So and so is struggling with to blend in due to not understanding the language" (or something to that effect) I think it would be beneficial to be able to send player on a course or bring in tutors.

I don't know how much of an effect this has on their match performance but if my assistant manager is bringing it up so often it must be worthwhile!

Players automatically start learning the language when they join, it just takes time. Some take longer than others.

They may learn quicker if you have another player who speaks their native language but I'm not sure if this is fact or not.

Players automatically start learning the language when they join, it just takes time. Some take longer than others.

They may learn quicker if you have another player who speaks their native language but I'm not sure if this is fact or not.

Oh I'm sure they do, I just like to be as proactive about these issues as possible :-)

"I see this all the time, even with a player that has now been at the club for 3 years."

Never had this. I usually make sure any foreign player i buy has high adaptability.

Also having a team member who can speak the same language helps.

Adaptability is hidden, so how do you know if it's high or not?

I'v had it in an older FM where I took a gamble and spent my clubs entire budget on a really good young american player, in the hope that by the time he got his WP he would be able to lead my side. Had a Croatian feeder club I think, but he never learned any of the language, so after about 5 years of me paying his full wages while he was out on loan I had to sell him at a massive loss. Lesson learnt.

I think its entirely realistic than in some cases players just don't learn the language, but in this specific scenario surely he would have at least learned enough to bluff the test.

Archived