Why can my team NEVER keep a lead????

It's getting soooo annoying now, everytime I go 1 or 2 up with my AC Milan team the opposition just ALWAYS manage to fight themselves back in the 2nd half! Ive tried everything from changing tactics, training, players and nothing seems to work. Lol its even that bad i'm starting to think it's a glitch. Aswell as that I just keep on drawing games :confused:

Please Help....

Nothing tragic, just when it gets late on in the game around the 75th min I just retain possession, play narrower, drop deep, which is what i usually do in any other fm! Team talks usually have a positive reaction so I really dunno :S lol and no ive not tried to do nothing. Thanks

I usually never drop deep, I don't think giving too much space to the opponents is the best way to go, I keep sliders on normal.

Retain possession, play narrower (if i'm suffering the opposition I move the sliders to play real narrow, otherwise I'll stay wide) and slow tempo. Sometimes increase pressing too and sub your midfielders if tired.

Sometimes you've gotta think positive too, let's say you're up 2 goals...keep attacking! :D

You retain possession, sit deep and play narrow.

Think about this logically.

You are trying to keep possession closer to your own goal in the middle of the park. You lose the ball then the opposition can attack you from a good starting position. Also because you are playing narrower you tend to be more vulnerable on the wings.

I only use drop deeper if I play with a high defending line and quick players who are knackered.

Remember that every action you take can go wrong.

If you tell them to retain possession that doesn't mean you will have 100% possession for the rest of the game.

I use shouts to tweak my tactics in game. If I want to hold onto a lead is use advanced tactics to change it.

I agree with those suggesting not to drop deep when using retain possession. I used to try this from the start of games, thinking it would give my midfielders more space to operate in and dominate possession. What I found was it just left a big hole between my defence and midfield and I would concede goals in every game. As soon as I took off the drop deeper instruction, I suddenly kept a string of clean sheets.

You could use it if you are playing very defensively and clearing ball to flanks but if you are trying to keep the ball then I wouldn't recommend it.

Okay I had a similar problem...well not similar but the same problem. I was playing with 3 up top going for goals and doing well just conceding to draw a lot of games. Anyway what I did I went from 3 up top to just 2 and put an extra central defender in. Sounds simple but it works. We have now won6 titles in 7 years. A long with lots of champions league trophies, club world cups, french cup, the whole shbang so to speak. So yeh tighten you defense by losing a striker and see how that goes.

Archived