January Transfer Update

Is there a way for me to avoid this? On FM 12, I can't remember which, I was managing Brighton and after 11 seasons, got them to the Champions League semi-final. Then I got the January transfer update and I ended up with the real life Brighton squad, going up against the likes Messi in his prime and co (also in their respective primes).

I know that keeping Steam in offline mode will obviously present the update from being applied, but I was wondering if there is a way for me to either avoid the update (if it happens) or simply not have the update applied to my game?

Mods, I would like to apologise if this is in the wrong area.

You will need to start a new game for the january transfer update to be applied.

Your present games will not be affected at all.

I don't know what happened to your FM12 save you mention, that sounds so uncommon it almost precludes belief. Were they all their real ages +11? Do you have a screenshot?

In any case, you current saves wont be affected.

I don't have any screen shots or anything like that. There are only three things that I think could have happened with it:

1) Some sort of prank from my flat mates last year (I was in uni halls)

2) Some sort of ****-up with the uni internet; it was notoriously unreliable and it took 4 days for the download to complete

3) I know that I didn't deliberately start a new game; if I wanted to stat a new game with the January transfers then I would have waited until the update was released, but perhaps I did screw up myself? No idea

I don't have any screen shots or anything like that. There are only three things that I think could have happened with it:

1) Some sort of prank from my flat mates last year (I was in uni halls)

2) Some sort of ****-up with the uni internet; it was notoriously unreliable and it took 4 days for the download to complete

3) I know that I didn't deliberately start a new game; if I wanted to stat a new game with the January transfers then I would have waited until the update was released, but perhaps I did screw up myself? No idea

It could have been some kind of mega freak occurence.

In any case, your current saves this year will be safe :thup:

Archived