Not a rant, just a genuine question......

Should I be seeing higher quality players being produced from my man utd academy in the year 2017

I'll include a couple of examples of the best players I have produced since starting the game, I've been at Utd since the start of the game and it is now 31st March 2017.

So As follows are the players in this format:

PA Name Age Position Nationality

178 Yhdego 17 AMC English

154 Karamousis 18 AF C (ST C) Welsh

172 Holden 20 AF C (ST C) English

160 Elliot 20 DC English

155 Ward 15 ST (AF C) English

Im just curios because 178 for PA doesnt seem like the level of the best player a academy of Man Utd's quality would produce, I could be wrong but is there something I''m doing drastically wrong to produce players, I have a youth academy rating of 17 and I have employed a head of youth development who has great working with youngsters attribs, and is also set to bring youth players into the club.

Thanks for your time and I appreciate replies.

Martin

How many RL players since the "golden generation" have actually come through the Man Utd academy and broken into the first team? Even Cleverly had to wait until he was 22 to get a decent run. Playing Arsenal I have brought through many young players I have scouted, then acquired, then developed, but in ten seasons I have only had ONE player from my academy who was good enough.

Ermmm Evans, Cleverly, Wellbeck, along with the "golden generation" most of whom also did not make the first team until they were in their 20's barring Ryan Giggs who made his debut at 17. Even David Beckham didn't make his debut until he was 20-21 (in the premier league), so irrespective of age surely there should be more academy players making it into teams with GOOD-GREAT youth systems. For the record on my save southampton keep churning out most of Englands best talent (which obviously I poached) haha.

170+ is a leading star in a top team in a top division, though so those two are hardly poor, now are they? 160 is a very good player in a top team, whilst 155 would be a very strong first-team regular at most Premier League Teams.

I personally think your expectations are a bit high, you aren't going to get Messi through your academy every year.

This is because Englands youth talent level is not higher and it will never change. All you gain with state of the art academies are the ability to get the best players avaible in your region (Manchester). Manchester is not a big region so even with 20/20 facilities you will not see a change at all.

Manchester is not a big region so even with 20/20 facilities you will not see a change at all.

Do the different "regions" actually have different rules/settings for producing new players?

Does that mean the size and the population around a city are implemented in the game?

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but how do u find out the number that is a players PA? I always go by the stats or Star rating?

People who know the exact numbers of CA/PA for their players have been using third party software not supported by SI to find out.

I would consider knowing such details as spoiling my game by taking the mystery out, but each to their own I guess.

People who know the exact numbers of CA/PA for their players have been using third party software not supported by SI to find out.

I would consider knowing such details as spoiling my game by taking the mystery out, but each to their own I guess.

Oh explains it then, thank you very much

Should I be seeing higher quality players being produced from my man utd academy in the year 2017

I'll include a couple of examples of the best players I have produced since starting the game, I've been at Utd since the start of the game and it is now 31st March 2017.

So As follows are the players in this format:

PA Name Age Position Nationality

178 Yhdego 17 AMC English

154 Karamousis 18 AF C (ST C) Welsh

172 Holden 20 AF C (ST C) English

160 Elliot 20 DC English

155 Ward 15 ST (AF C) English

Im just curios because 178 for PA doesnt seem like the level of the best player a academy of Man Utd's quality would produce, I could be wrong but is there something I''m doing drastically wrong to produce players, I have a youth academy rating of 17 and I have employed a head of youth development who has great working with youngsters attribs, and is also set to bring youth players into the club.

Thanks for your time and I appreciate replies.

Martin

That's two potential world class players in 5 years. You can't expect much more than that.

You will be lucky to get 190 PA plus player in 10 years even from a top academy but they do produce them I've seen two Messi like regens be produced in about 10 years my longest FM13 game so far, one from Inter one from Arsenal, not sure their exact PA but I bought both and they have 20's all over the place.

Archived