Please Help! Editor Will Not Work

I don't know which forum I should post this in, so I am sorry if this is in the wrong section.

I purchased the game DVD and installed via steam. I tried out the game and it worked just fine. I then downloaded the editor, but I have not been able to get it to work. No matter what I have tried, each time I've started the editor I get a black screen and my computer becomes unresponsive and I am forced to restart it.

Here's what I've tried so far:

1) Deleted the editor cache - no change

2) Pressed Shift+Alt+F10 when the black screen hits - no change

2) Verified the game data - no change

3) destroyed the files of all past FM games - no change

4) Re-installed both editor and game (verifying the game files in between) - no change

Nothing I've tried has worked and I am at a loss. I can't find any further instructions from anywhere, so if anyone has any ideas, please help me.

It seems that no one knows how to make the editor work, but does anyone know where else I could turn to for help? This seems to be the most active forum, but does SIGames have some kind of official support I could send my question.

Is your computer good enough for the editor?

I know in old FMs the editor required specs far far beyond what the actual game did, but I don't know if that is still the case.

To tell you the truth, I don't know. That might be the case, cause I can't figure out any other reason and my computer isn't like the most powerful thing around. The game runs just fine with three or four leagues so I just figured the editor should work fine. I haven't seen any notifications about the editor having bigger requirements than the actual game.

Archived