4-2-3-1 Narrow

Hi everybody, can anyone point me to a valid narrow 4-2-3-1 tactic I can play my Fiorentina team with. Actually playing with an updated db so i got Jovetic, Rossi and Fernandez and I'd like to play with the three of them together as AMC's. My main difficulty comes from the defensive line, conceding way too many goals. I'm actually using these instructions.

Style: Fluid

Strategy: Control

Passing: Shorter

Creative Freedom: Normal

Closing Down: Press More

Tackling: Normal

Marking: Man Marking

Crossing: Drill Crossing

Roaming: Normal

The basic formation is:

Viviano(GK)

Cuadrado(WB-Auto)

Roncaglia(CB - Def)

Rodriguez(CB - Def)

Pasqual(WB-Auto)

Aquilani(CM - Support)

Borja Valero(CM - Support)

Rossi / Jovetic / Fernandez (AMC - Adv. Play - Attack)

Toni ( Anchor - Support - Ball showed to feet)

Many thanks.

I'm playing as Sampdoria at the moment with this formation:

4231 - Control - Balanced - Short pass - Default everything else except Zonal Mark, drill crosses and more roaming.

Sweeper Keeper Support - distrubute to defender

WBR Attack

CD Defend X2 (untick the worst passer of the two's through balls to rarely. Play out of defence shout curbing here)

FBL support

CM Defend - Needs to have very good defensive attributes, work rate especially

DLP Support - Again have decent defensive attributes, work rate is very nice. Switch ball to flank and longer passes ppm's are also good here

IFL Attack

Advanced Playmaker Support

IFR support

Poacher (Toni would be a bad choice however here)

Shouts: Play wider(against 3 man midfield) play narrow(2 man midfields) - Get Stuck in - Hassle opponents - Play out of defence - Work ball into box

Opposition Instructions : Anybody with Acceleration greater than 14 never tight mark. Anybody with less than 14 tight mark always. Anybody with less than 14 pace close down always. Show wide men onto the same foot as the wing they play on, show creative midfielders onto weaker foot and full backs onto weaker foot. Anybody with less than 13 bravery tackle hard.

Playing a high line and having a big gap between your back 4 and the 2 MC Support midfielders could be problematic. Ideally there needs to be little space as possible between the back 4 and the midfield when pressing heavily with a high back line.

As PeleJunior has alluded to, try setting 2 Ball Winners at MC, or 2 Deep Playmakers or perhaps a combination of both. You need to make sure the defence and midfield work together because currently you have too many players making runs from deep and not enough midfielders holding back covering :)

I tried that before, playing with a DLP w/ support duties and a BWM defending. High ball possession but poor defending. Tried pushing the defensive line up, playing with or without offside but nothing. Still had poor defense.

Archived