Expanding variety of first/sur names - Am I doing it right?

RazvanRat

I remember a few times in the past reading about how to increase the variety of names that regens can draw on. Can anyone with experience doing this tell me if I'm remembering it right? And does anyone know of files of this kind that already exist for download?

From what I remember, it's as simple as creating a new official, giving them a first name and surname that aren't currently in the db, setting a nation for them so that the names are attached to that nation, and then when I load this file in the game, regens from that nation will have the potential of having that new first or surname.

Is there anything else I need to do?

First what are you trying to do, ie the big picture?

Are you making a new nation? If so overwrite CIS and set the language for the nations and the towns yo the one of the last names you want.

If it is more complicated please expand on the details.

If you are just adding names from a country already in the DB, you are doing it right, but from my experience on this you have to add each name at least twice in order for them to be used by the game when creating newgens :)

Thanks everyone. As Javier guesses, I'm just trying to widen the array of uncommon names used for existing nations' regens. So names need adding twice?

At least twice. So if you want a name to be used more commonly, like Dave says you will have to add them more times.

Archived