Manager Reputation?

Does the reputation of the manager (me) have a bearing on the quality of players that will want to sign for my club? I'm currently on a good save in 2033 with Grimsby Town and i've won almost everything, i'm in the England and world halls of fame, my reputation is world class, but i'm thinking of leaving my beloved Grimsby as i think i've taken them as far as i can, i'd like to drop down to the Blue Square North or South, or Scottish 3rd division with a very low rep team and see how far i can take them.

I guess what i'm asking is will i be able to sign a better class of player for that club because of my good reputation, than they would ordinarily be able to sign?

Not FM related really. But can anyone remember an instance of this happening in real life, when a high profile manager has decided to drop down the divisions to manage a team. Mainly asking out of curiosity to be honest as I cant think of it myself.

Peter Taylor springs to mind, granted his career took a hit when things went wrong at Crystal Palace but seeing him turn up a Stevenage was still a surprise.

Yeah your'e right, i can't really recall it happing in real life, what i'm about to do would shock the footballing world to its core in real life! With Grimsby, ive won the EC once, but the Uefa cup 4 times, WCC once, loads of league and FA cups in the last 20 years, and to drop down 5 divisions would have the press in fits!

Archived