Quick Help Needed - In the prem stick with who got me there or not?

AcidBurn

crewehf6.jpg

I ask for quick help as I am playing the gameas I type. That is my team and I am about to start my first season in the premier league which will be fun but extremely hard. My best defender Walter Garcia is leaving on a free after he wouldn't sign a new contract. I have Kasper Schmeichal arriving on a free transfer and Indrioi Sigurosson to replace Garcia.

Last season De Ridder, Thil, Stancu, Blanco, Murphy and Cuthbert all played brilliantly and I think most of them will make it in the premier league. I have a transfer budget of £10 million and I am 60k a week under my wage budget. Trouble is my bank balance is on zero as the chairman decided to spend all the money we had on a new stadium for £25 million pounds. So do I spend or try for loans its a hard one as if I do not buy anyone I will surely be relegated. Any advice on who to get or what to do would be greatly appreciated. Thanks people.

Well if you can bring in 3-4 loans who'll do a good job for you, then nothing like it. Spend the money only if you find a good player that you think will considerably improve your first-team. Dont spend on a backup player or a player that is just a slight upgrade from what you have. You should find players to loan for that purpose. But if some player is a pretty big step up from a current first-teamer, then definitely buy. I'm pretty sure you'll be fine even if you go into say a 5M debt or something. You should get enough money to pull you out of it. One potential problem is that the all chairmen are more likely to accept a poor bid for an important player of yours if you're in debt. So dont go overboard.

Dont ask about players that you can buy here. Nobody will be able to guide you properly. You're too far into the game for that. Just look around in the PL clubs and also the other bigger clubs around the world and see what you can find. Check the players who're available on a free transfer and see if they'll come. Older player (32-33 years old) can be useful for you for a season and the big clubs dont usually have any need for them and list them for very cheap prices. No point buying such players. Just loan them in for a season.

I just signed some cheap players Dean Whitehead for 500k and Kerrea Gilbert for 500k I had Gilbert on loan before and he was a wicked player to have around played awesome so thought might aswell take a risk as his wages are nothing. Got loan offers in for Ched Evans(also had him before)Pablo Piatti. Theres also a CB who looks really good for £3 million called Hans Martinez looks like he has the stats to replace the departing Walter Garcia. Would a 31 year old Raul be any good he is really slow with 8 for pace and acceleration but is 200k to buy.

Thanks for the advice Hulk I was hoping you would answer. I wish they had given me the money and one more season before building a new stadium, oh well never mind.

Dont worry about the money. You'll have a heck of alot more fun this way battling it out to survive. You should have started kissing up to the Arsenal, Chelsea, Man utd and Liverpool managers when you were in the Championship though. If you did it once every month, you'd have been on their favoured personnel list by now and would have easily got players on loan. Might have missed a trick there.

Raul - not so sure about him. Usually, I'm apprehensive bringing a slow striker in unless he's good in the air. That kinda compensates for the low pace. But Raul is not good in the air either. Try to loan in Raul though if you can. Praise their manager first and once he responds (hopefully positively) put in a loan offer for him. Problem is that as soon as you do, there will be a host of others who'll do the same and many Spanish clubs as well. And in that case, he's more likely to go to them than come to you! So I'll leave it up to you. 200K is not a lot of money especially considering you have a 10M budget. If he doesnt ask for much wages, might be worth it. Your call though mate. But I would rather search for a TM first. Jon Dahl Tomasson, Drogba, Zigic, Klose, Toni, Lucarelli and Pizzaro come to mind. I know some of them are big names but in 2011, they should all be getting on quite a bit and should be available very cheap (if they've not already retired). Might be worth looking at them.

Signed Pizzaro already and got Waldo Ponce for £3.1 million, Martin Petrov and julio Alvarez on frees loaned in Ched Evans and Pablo Piatti thought about spending £5 million on Billy Sharp but going to wait until Jan and see how Pizzaro, Stancu, Evans and Thil do. Gonna check out a few target men could be good to have some arieal threat in the league.

Archived