Overall coaching rating

We have had a long discussion on this subject in another forum without reaching agreement.

The overall stars for coaching a discipline cannot be higher than the best rating for a single coach. The question is - does adding another coach to a discipline make any difference. It is accepted that it would reduce the workload of the coaches but all the workloads are already light. I have 2, 4 star, goalkeeper coaches. If I split them up and have one on Shot Stopping and one on Handling - the overall result is 4 stars for each discipline. If I make each coach do both disciplines then the overall star rating is 3.

So the question is - does adding an extra coach to a discipline make any difference or should we just have one coach for each discipline and save money? My own opinion is that extra coaches would allow the players to achieve the overall star rating faster than with less coaches but I would like an opinion from a more informed source.

You got the answer in the other thread...

Obviously getting high rated coaches will help people develop better. The actual number of coaches in each catergory only helps with workload.

Thanks for your prompt reply Cleon. It still doesn't make sense to me but I'm coming up to the start of a new season so I'll wont replace some of the coaches whose contract is up for renewal. I have always employed the maximum number of coaches allowed in the belief that it would improve training but it looks like the overall star rating is all that counts (apart from workload).

Thanks for your prompt reply Cleon. It still doesn't make sense to me but I'm coming up to the start of a new season so I'll wont replace some of the coaches whose contract is up for renewal. I have always employed the maximum number of coaches allowed in the belief that it would improve training but it looks like the overall star rating is all that counts (apart from workload).

If your workloads are already low and you have the best star ratings that you can get then I'd do the same tbh :)

I personally have one "good" coach per category In order to get the star rating up, I then add on a coach with a high "working with youngsters" stat to lower the workload and maximize the training of any youngsters I have in the first team squad.

Do you really think the software is so sophisticated that it will allocate a coach with good WWY attribute to the younger members of the first team squad? Dream on.

You misunderstood what I mean, so its not dream on :thup:

I have to work with what the program does but it is not logical to my mind that two 4 star coaches coaching individual disciplines get 4 stars but if they share the two disciplines they only get 3 stars.

If we take an example of two goalkeepers and two 4 star GK coaches. The two keepers could get two hour coaching on Handling from one coach then two hours coaching on shot stopping from the other coach (this gives them 4 star coaching according to the program). Alternatively one of them could get two hours coaching on handling and two hours coaching on shot stopping from one coach and the same for the other player and coach (gets 3 star coaching from the program). This would obviously increase the coaches workload but would surely improve training as the coaches could concentrate on the a keeper's particular weakness. If I remember correctly from FM12, if you asked the AM to set the coaching he inevitably split coaches over two or more disciplines and I had to go in and change them to get the star ratings up.

I'm sorry if I'm being pedantic about this but I am a logical person and this does not make sense unless you are a member of the coaches union and don't want them to get too tired poor things.

I have to work with what the program does but it is not logical to my mind that two 4 star coaches coaching individual disciplines get 4 stars but if they share the two disciplines they only get 3 stars.

If we take an example of two goalkeepers and two 4 star GK coaches. The two keepers could get two hour coaching on Handling from one coach then two hours coaching on shot stopping from the other coach (this gives them 4 star coaching according to the program). Alternatively one of them could get two hours coaching on handling and two hours coaching on shot stopping from one coach and the same for the other player and coach (gets 3 star coaching from the program). This would obviously increase the coaches workload but would surely improve training as the coaches could concentrate on the a keeper's particular weakness. If I remember correctly from FM12, if you asked the AM to set the coaching he inevitably split coaches over two or more disciplines and I had to go in and change them to get the star ratings up.

I'm sorry if I'm being pedantic about this but I am a logical person and this does not make sense unless you are a member of the coaches union and don't want them to get too tired poor things.

Seeing as the original question has been answered I'll close this thread as you've already mentioned the above quote (along those lines) in the other thread you created and I don't see the point in a duplicate

Archived