General consensus on training

What is the general consensus on how best to handle training?

I'm new to the game and was wondering whether its better to just leave it as it is (as it starts ingame) or to actually make use of the individual player role training (i.e. training my CM's as ball winning mids etc) as I understand this trains the key attributes for this position? But going down that route will mean other attributes are neglected.

What do you guys do with re to training?

Thanks

I pretty much always set a focus, if a player doesn't have a glaring weakness in a specific attribute I will generally just put them on role training. They won't neglect the other attributes, players with a lot of unspent PA can still increase across the board. The only time I don't set a focus is if I have someone learning a new position, and they moan about the training load with a focus.

The other attributes aren't "neglected" when you choose a role focus, it just means he focuses on the attributes that are useful for that role. To be honest I cannot imagine why anyone would not want their players doing this.

Exactly. On a similar subject, I recently discovered that the training focus selection has been added as a column you can stick on the main squad screen. My customised screen looks like this now

tFawyoO.jpg?1

Which makes setting up player specific training incredibly effortless :thup:

Archived