Lots of problems with this game

Try being better at the game.

Your injury statement doesn't happen if you rotate your players properly and make substitutions at a sensible time, except for in instances of extreme bad luck, just like IRL

Players are only too expensive if you try and buy unsellable players. Playing as any mid-rep or higher club in the game there are thousands of young players around the world that can be picked up cheap, same as players who are unhappy or transfer listed. If you think you can walk into the game and buy the world's top players, or a team's top players for free, you will be disappointed. If you have such an unrealistic view of who can be bought, why not just download an editor and edit all the players to you.

I agree 100% with your title, but categorically not with the examples of it that you give.

The examples you give are, in my experience, typical of people wanting an easier game, rather than a more realistic one. Of course there is nothing wrong with that as an objective, as long as it is correctly identified as such, which I'm not sure you have done.

I had an absolutely nightmare injury patch at my last club on my current save. At one point, no less than 16 of my first team squad (most of them starters) were injured, and a good half of them for at least a month.

But do you know what? I didn't say that the game was broken because of it, because it isn't. If you don't prepare your team well - which I am always guilty of - then you're going to get injuries. Sometimes you're going to get absolutely hammered. In cases where it isn't my fault, then it's bad luck. Sometimes you'll have a game where you get one player injured, then his replacement gets injured, and then his does. That's bad luck. It happens.

I had one season where in December 14 of my first team squad were injured during the busiest period of the season, just due to bad luck. I've obviously had occasional injury crises before and since, but none to this extent. It was just very bad luck - nothing to do with training or anything else. Just rotten luck. Like sometimes happens in real life.

i always find i notice injuries more when i've just sent my 19 year old half decent looking striker out on loan who couldnt buy a game before and then my two main strikers get an injury. So means I just notice it more than i normally would. Or you've had a couple of good goalies for a season, decide to let one go for the cash, replace him with an 18 year old you plan of giving them a few games as will be number one in a few years time. Then bam first choice keeper gets injured. Its just the bad timing that really tends to stick out in my mind more than anything else.

Archived