Closing Down

Playing may current save with Bradford PA, although I'm happy with general pay in the early part of the seasoned silts have been mixed and I think it's mainly down to closing down. I'm playing a flat 442, standard with a rigid formation, but I think my mistake is trying to press more. I play a DLP defend in the midfield to help against the counter attack and it is effective for the most part. My problem lies with my center backs who insist on being drawn out of position leaving holes behind them, other than this I'm usually quite solid. My biggest culprit is my center back that has the lower decision making (7 as opposed to 9 for the other) and his higher aggression (11 as opposed to 6). Would I be right in thinking this is the reason he wanders? His aggression makes him want to win the ball and his poor decisions make him try to at the wrong time? The annoying thing is that his starting position is better than his partner but he then leaves it. Would I be right in lowering closing down and maybe pushing higher up to compensate and still be able to defend higher up the pitch? Ideally I'd sign a new player but its not an option!

After 9 games I'm currently 13th, played 9, w3, d2, l4 but I'm generally playing well, creating more chances and I'm confident that if I can solve my closing down problem I can make a push for promotion. Any advice would be welcome

Archived