Training: Specific vs Role

I observed that when I put my first team sub on specific training, 3 out of 5 have attributes dropped in many areas.

Is it due to not enough match action that resulted in such drop?

Only 1 out of the first team has such symptoms.

Any advice?

Anyone can advice when should i focus on specific and when should i focus on role?

I observed that when I put my first team sub on specific training, 3 out of 5 have attributes dropped in many areas.

Is it due to not enough match action that resulted in such drop?

Only 1 out of the first team has such symptoms.

Any advice?

When attributes drop there could be a couple of reasons.

1. Maybe they have reached their max potential and because you are focusing on a specific attribute it takes potential away from another attribute (you can check in the training panel of the player if the attribute in question has risen while the others declined).

2. They have gotten injured and lost some CA.

3. They are they are declining due to age.

4. They are not putting enough effort into training due to haven a bad (mostly unprofessional) personality.

5. They are just plainly not getting enough football and/or training to sustain their ability.

6. They are severely unfit.

If you want to keep your players playing on the highest level they can make sure they stay fit at all times, get enough games, have a good personality so they have the right training attitude and make sure they train at a decent level.

Anyone can advice when should i focus on specific and when should i focus on role?

I tend to use specific attribute focus on youngsters who I want to shape into a certain type of player (I cycle through the attributes I want improved). For older players I let them focus on their tactical role or on a specific attribute if there is one attribute I find lacking severely but not enough to get rid of him (Podolski has 10 for Off The Ball so that's a pretty obvious one for me). I don't expect it to go up much if at all and it might cost him in other areas but that is a price I'm willing to pay.

Archived