[FM13] Third Time Around The World's The Charm (Journeyman)

CarltonBanks

Well, here I am again. Two short failed threads on here so far. Between computer issues and real life, I haven't been able to keep up a sustained career. I should be able to this time. I've still been playing a fair bit of FM, although it's been on my laptop which has a non functional keyboard that makes it very hard to make a thread here about it. So, here's hoping it'll work this time, and let's get to it.

Aside from some small data mods to correct league names and comp names, the only major editor file I have is England Tier 9.

Large Database

Leagues Loaded:

Argentina - Primera B

Brazil - Serie B

Bulgaria - B Group

Croatia - Druga HNL

Czech Rep - 2.Liga

England - BS N/S

Hungary - Nemzeti 2

Italy - Serie C2

Romania - Liga 2

Spain - Division B

Turkey - PTT 1.Lig

Ukraine - Persha Liha

USA - MLS

My manager is a 25 year old with Semi-Professional experience. American/Peruvian. I don't really have a strong goal for this game, mainly just try to travel the world and bring success to teams as I go. I'd like to get enough of a reputation to manage the Peru national team.

Exploring my job options now, and I'll be back soon with my first position.

So after sending out a few applications for jobs and mostly getting e-mails back that the applications were unsuccessful, I finally got some good news.

CarltonBanks_NewsInbox-4_zps00abdb61.png

Time to head off to the Ukraine.

FC Krymtepltsia Molodizhne

Krymteplysia_zps732f149a.jpg

FC Krymteplytsia Molodizhne is a Ukrainian football club based in an urbanized settlement (town) Molodizhne (north of Simferopol and adjacent to the city limits).The club plays its home games in the city of Simferopol in the town of Ahrarne which is located within the limits of the city. In the championship of Crimea the club is represented by its second team "Spartak Molodizhne".

KrymteplytsyaMolodizhne_TacticsOverview_zpsf19801f7.png

This is the current squad. Sort of a mixed bag, and looking pretty terrible in defense. I have a bit of leeway in the wage budget, so I'm going to try to pick up a few good defenders on free transfers.

By the time I took the job, the season had already started, with the team grabbing a win and a loss. My first game in charge is in just two days, so no time to get new players in yet and no real time for the team to get used to my tactics.

Next time:

​I get thrown right into the fire, with two games of the season already played.

July 2012

KrymteplytsyaMolodizhne_FixturesSchedule_zpsa00be885.png

Oh man, this is going to be a long season. The team seemed to fit right in to the flat 4-4-2 I selected for them, scoring twice and having several more good chances. Then we traveled to Sevastopol. We were expected to do poorly in this match, and did we ever. Our lack of a strong defense really was on display, letting the home team march right past us time after time. To make matters worse, the forwards didn't do much of anything, barely troubling Sevastopol's keeper at all.

I've set my sights on two free transfers to bring it. A strong central defender, and a fairly talented center mid/attacking mid.

Next Time

We will see how my two new signings will fare in the squad, a few more league matches, and our first Ukrainian Cup match.

August 2012

KrymteplytsyaMolodizhne_FixturesSchedule-2_zpsca26edf9.png

We almost had an unbeaten month. The cup tie was actually in July, although I'd really just like to forget about that. After that embarrassment, I decided to take my assistant managers advice and play the team in a very unorthodox 3-3-2-2 formation. Surprisingly, it seems to be working. We did well against bigger teams, and took all three points in two of the matches. The defense seemed a lot stronger, only letting in one goal a match instead of five. I had confidence heading into the last fixture of the month against Sumy, as the media said they were sitting higher in the table than they should have been. But for some unknown reason, everything fell apart. The defense wasn't really too bad, but the midfield and forwards just could not create any chances. Igor Tymchenko, who already had 7 goals in the season, was totally silent. In the end, the team isn't really coming together as much as I would like, but at least we took 9 points from our matches and didn't get demolished.

PershaLiha_OverviewStages_zpsa1c8bbb9.png

As you can see, we aren't doing terrible. We've moved up the table a bit, and currently are sitting in the top half. The league is very bunched up in the middle of the table, so a run of results in either direction could really change where we sit in the table at the end of next month.

I hope that we can keep picking up points, but I can't really say for sure because it seems like the squad picks up an injury or two every week. I don't know what it is about playing here, but none of the players seem to have any stamina at all. Even with rotating players (to the extent that I can, anyway) most of the players are in pretty poor condition all the time. Maybe that'll improve as the season goes on. Who knows?

Next Time

We head into another month full of league fixtures, where I hope to get set up more comfortably in the middle of the table.

Archived