Can't hire coach

I'm playing MU and want to sign Scholes and Giggs as coach.

I have talk to them and they already agree.

But when I offer them contract as coach they reject, when I offer them contract as player/coach they either reject or ask for extremely high wage.

I then continue the game untill they are out of contract. But then they don't want to enter negotiation with me. What must I do to get them as coach?

In my experience it is now too late, as they are peeved off at you for letting them go. Maybe in 1 year or 18 months they will get over it and change their mind.

That said, I don't think it is entirely your fault that it is now too late, as there isn't much you could have done.

When aging players say "Great, I'll start right away" they mean as a player/coach, they don't mean as a coach, so they will not sign as coaches.

So your choices were either to pay the high wages they demanded, or not sign them as player/coaches.

Of course they shouldn't have been demanding such high wages, so there was nothing you could have done, and it is yet another thing SI need to work on. Of course SI will say 'if you have a problem upload examples', but it grates when they demand this for such easily reproducable events, although I accept that not all player/coach renewals are gubbed.

i had a problem when one of my players wouldn't talk to me over contracts because the last round of negotiations went poorly.

i had a private conversation with him, telling him that i intend to discuss contracts.

he was happy, and then willing to negotiate.

my advice would be to give them a playing role - with seriously diminished wages - until they do decide.

i've got carragher in the 3rd season down to 20k a week now, just waiting for him to accept a coaching role.

Your advice is sound postie, but if he was to be a player/coach on 20k, then retire, he would be a coach on 20k.

The system, in my experience, doesn't work properly.

I have also found that in the instances where you do convince a player to have staff attributes, but keep him on a players contract, it is then 100% impossible to sell this player, as they reject any player contracts offered to them.

If I offer them player/coach contract, it is better to offer them 1 year contract and renewing them? I have a save before they are let go and seeing that both of them have "Model Professional" personality I probably try to offer a contract as player with reduced wage to them until they retired. Will use them as tutor and a back up player while waiting

Archived