International Management (iOS)

Hi,

I have a question about selecting a squad for tournaments in the iOS version of the game. I am managing England. When it a tournament comes round, it is usually bundled with a couple of friendlies before the tournament. So you select a 26 man squad for that. Then two days before the first friendly, you have to select the 23 man squad for the tournament. I find this unfair as I have had players get injured in the friendlies, who are then unable to play in the World Cup or European Championship.

Surely you should be able to change the squad before a tournament due to injury. It is frustrating.

Anyway - good to vent that out!

Imagine in real life, it happens to them.

Possibly the most useless response anyone has ever given...

I was under the impression that before an international tournament, the manager picks a large provisional squad which is whittled down for the friendlies and then whittled down again to the 23 for the tournament. I recall managers also having players on 'stand by' in case there are any injuries up until the competition kicks off (I think it was Carrick who refused to go on this list at the Euros?).

I've not managed internationally on FMH so unsure how they implement this side of things.

Possibly the most useless response anyone has ever given...

No one asked you to butt in did they?

I was under the impression that before an international tournament, the manager picks a large provisional squad which is whittled down for the friendlies and then whittled down again to the 23 for the tournament. I recall managers also having players on 'stand by' in case there are any injuries up until the competition kicks off (I think it was Carrick who refused to go on this list at the Euros?).

I've not managed internationally on FMH so unsure how they implement this side of things.

While yes they do he is talking about after picking the squad they get injured correct? I am under the impression from real life this is realistic. The standby list I believe was until the confirmation date, there is a date pre-tournament kick off that means squads can be chosen by SI doesn't do this and gives you until the latest chance to pick the squad (hence it clashing with a friendly one).

No one asked you to butt in did they?

True - i can't really argue with that ;) Lets not argue.

While yes they do he is talking about after picking the squad they get injured correct? I am under the impression from real life this is realistic. The standby list I believe was until the confirmation date, there is a date pre-tournament kick off that means squads can be chosen by SI doesn't do this and gives you until the latest chance to pick the squad (hence it clashing with a friendly one).

Anyway, you may have meant this in your post above BUT, I thought you could replace injured players after the friendlies but before the tournament started. I can even recollect instances where players have flown out after the main squad.

That is as in reality leagues schedule differently to give national sides more time to practice and train before the tournament where as in FMH this doesn't happen but instead it processes the league schedules then adds in international - hence the variation in probably dates of call up times but both are before the friendly.

Archived