What's wrong with my kids!?

Ok, so yet again SI have screwed us over by not including "youth coach" as a default staff search category. What's more infuriating is that i can't bloody find ANY that will come or if i do find someone that'll come he's some 3* jobber at best.

Currently i'm at Arsenal in my second season having just taken the CL, prem and LC. I used the ol' 'hover over the i' trick to find some outstanding regens toward the end of season 1 but, now i'm stuck with no bloody staff to train them because coaches no longer work with the under 18's. First team is fine and I've got excellent goalkeeping coaches but, my HoYD Berhnard Peters can only do so much in terms of training the outfield kids.

'Hover over I'-trick? Whats that?

I found the amount of great coaches that will take a u-20 job increases a lot after a few seasons as older players retire.

A good tip then is to hire them as reserve manager, u-20 manager u-20 assistant, etc. After 6 seasons at Forest Green I had 4.5-5 stars on all categories for both setups.

If you just cant find anyone willing then placing an advert or three in the job center might get you one or two decent ones, but if you want a really good one you usually have to sign someone elses youth coaches. Inter usually have good ones.

Ok, so yet again SI have screwed us over by not including "youth coach" as a default staff search category. What's more infuriating is that i can't bloody find ANY that will come or if i do find someone that'll come he's some 3* jobber at best.

Currently i'm at Arsenal in my second season having just taken the CL, prem and LC. I used the ol' 'hover over the i' trick to find some outstanding regens toward the end of season 1 but, now i'm stuck with no bloody staff to train them because coaches no longer work with the under 18's. First team is fine and I've got excellent goalkeeping coaches but, my HoYD Berhnard Peters can only do so much in terms of training the outfield kids.

Please keep your posts constructive. Feedback is welcome, but saying SI 'screwed you over' isn't the way to put it.

Furthermore, could you please have a read through have a quick read through here and here. It will help you a lot on the forums :).

Especially here in the GPTG we have 'Official Links' which can be found here and is a sticky at the top of the GPTG. All the relevant FM13 threads can be found in there and for the information you seek for further discussions on this you will be looking for the Arsenal thread and/or the Good Staff thread. Otherwise, the guys above have given you advice (cheers lads).

You may also want to head over to the Tactics & Training Forum.

Thanks, and welcome to the forums too :).

Archived