4-1-2-2-1 No corner cheat won lots of trophys

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks. Arsenal did have a lot of chances against you, but I can't deny that the ones you created were all really good quality ones as opposed to half-chances.

I noticed that you gave the right CM a long farrow to FC at around half-time. Is this a tweak you use a lot when you're looking to play more attacking? Also, the DM only has a barrow to DC, not SW. Is this dependent on whether the player can play sweeper, or an improvement you made to the tactic more recently?

Anyway, I'm tempted to give the tactic a go as some of the short passing moves were pretty nice to watch and created some good chances. I'm a bit skeptical about whether my players will be good enough to play with this style in league 1 though, but time will tell...

Well basically I like to mix my football around a bit but Ruben De La Red is exceptionally good for some reason with that arrow so I usually set that arrow for him exclusivly or when Im desperate for a goal. I dont have the pkm of the season afters CL Final were I won I believe 3-0 aganst Arsenal (Y) but I deleted that save

Arsenal were the best team in the world and my squad was not as good in my defence.

the DMC has a barrow to DC because if hes to deep against the likes of Arsenal you get punished by long shots but thats a one of tweak to make.

and Arfaern who where you mate I had great success as Fiorentina whilst making tactic?

Well basically I like to mix my football around a bit but Ruben De La Red is exceptionally good for some reason with that arrow so I usually set that arrow for him exclusivly or when Im desperate for a goal. I dont have the pkm of the season afters CL Final were I won I believe 3-0 aganst Arsenal (Y) but I deleted that save

Arsenal were the best team in the world and my squad was not as good in my defence.

the DMC has a barrow to DC because if hes to deep against the likes of Arsenal you get punished by long shots but thats a one of tweak to make.

and Arfaern who where you mate I had great success as Fiorentina whilst making tactic?

I was Juve, they knocked the living **** from me, I always have problems with Fiorentina so it might not be your tactic since the team did look good on the pitch but they banged in 4 from some not so great chances, but my team was not able to score none.

I was Juve, they knocked the living **** from me, I always have problems with Fiorentina so it might not be your tactic since the team did look good on the pitch but they banged in 4 from some not so great chances, but my team was not able to score none.

Thats odd :( em im sorry I am not able to suggest much in the ways of tweaks tbh

I decided to give this a go for the last two games of the season (I know I said I'd already finished 15th, but with just two games to go I practically had).

The first game I was away to Southend and they were comfortable favourites. I ended up losing 4-2 after a very even game with both teams having lots of chances, but the team looked good going forward and I know you can't judge a tactic properly until 15+ games so I decided to stick with it. The post match report said they were lucky to win too.

The second game I was at home to Brighton and very slight favourites to win. I absolutely thumped them 3-0, having 19 shots to their 1. One thing I really liked in this game was that when they switched to 4-2-4 when I was 2-0 up, the tactic didn't need adjusting because it already uses a pretty deep defensive line. I continued to outplay them and got a third goal.

I'm looking forward to giving it a proper run next season, using it in all the friendlies first etc to let my team get used to the system. I'll let you know how it goes...

Yeah I dont really tweak it at all no OI either which is why I like it but Im about to test it with a lower league team namely Hoffenheim so if there are any other tweaks for Lower leagues you find let me know thanks

Just about to have a go at this with my Millwall side - we're in the Prem now (second season) but I am struggling to get any consistency. Couple of thoughts/things....

1. I'm not so sure about the commonly held belief of there being problems if you change tactic mid-season. I've found quite the reverse - a tactic does ok, even appears to be a revalation, the first five-ten games, then things appear to pear-shaped. If there was such a big problem with switching tactics, why would kimz offer us a three tactic set and recommend that we switch between them even in mid-match - ie if one appears not to be creating chances or if the AI goes 4-2-4?

2. You say this tactic doesn't have the "corner cheat", but it does have what I understand to be the corner cheat - this thing - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=29908. Is there a different corner routine I'm unaware of? Don't misunderstand me, I'm not having a go, it's a genuine question....I was going to impliment the corner routine I've linked to in your tactic anyway.

Just about to have a go at this with my Millwall side - we're in the Prem now (second season) but I am struggling to get any consistency. Couple of thoughts/things....

1. I'm not so sure about the commonly held belief of there being problems if you change tactic mid-season. I've found quite the reverse - a tactic does ok, even appears to be a revalation, the first five-ten games, then things appear to pear-shaped. If there was such a big problem with switching tactics, why would kimz offer us a three tactic set and recommend that we switch between them even in mid-match - ie if one appears not to be creating chances or if the AI goes 4-2-4?

2. You say this tactic doesn't have the "corner cheat", but it does have what I understand to be the corner cheat - this thing - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=29908. Is there a different corner routine I'm unaware of? Don't misunderstand me, I'm not having a go, it's a genuine question....I was going to impliment the corner routine I've linked to in your tactic anyway.

Does it? hmmm Maybe I uploaded the wrong one can anyone indeed confirm that it does indeed have it. I made one which did indeed have the corner tactic but did not like it :confused:

Ok I got Hoffenheim promoted first season with this tactic to the Bundesliga 1. and I had three incredibily hard games to start with Stuttgart at home 1-0 us when they were favourites. 4-4 against Bremen Away from home when they were favourites and a 0-1 lose at home against Bayern when they were favourites so good start me thinks

Ive been trying your new tactic for home, and your old tactic away (without the backwards arrow on dm). Must admit out of all the tactics ive used this is by far the best and the most consistent. Ive been using these tactics with qpr (with newest patch), first season won the championship. Im currently in the second season and im 7th after about 6-7 games. The main thing is you play good football, and more importantly you are consistent. Im sure with a deadly striker it could be awesome. so id just like to say well done. O and kimzs tactics are nowhere near as good as this one there so unstable its untrue.

Ive been trying your new tactic for home, and your old tactic away (without the backwards arrow on dm). Must admit out of all the tactics ive used this is by far the best and the most consistent. Ive been using these tactics with qpr (with newest patch), first season won the championship. Im currently in the second season and im 7th after about 6-7 games. The main thing is you play good football, and more importantly you are consistent. Im sure with a deadly striker it could be awesome. so id just like to say well done. O and kimzs tactics are nowhere near as good as this one there so unstable its untrue.

thanks very much for the compliments. Seems no one else is gonna try it though.

will see if it saves my arsenal season. into third season won the premiership and fa caup 1st season with a 4-4-1-1 tac, used for a quarter of second season then swapped to a 4-4-2 and only won the league. Continued with this for my third season have just won the fa cup but despite beating man u and liverpool at home im 4th with 6 defeats still in fa cup and champs league tho so i'll see how it goes!

Mixed bag of results so far. Here are my first ten games.

Fa Cup 5th Round Replay Home vs Cardiff 2-1 win. Cardiff in Premiership.

Premiership Home vs Reading 1-1

Champions league 1st knock-out leg 2 Home 3-1 win

Fa Cup 6th Round Home vs Man Utd 2-1 win

Premiership Away vs Blackburn 0-1 loss

Premiership Home vs Birmingham 2-1 win

Premiership Away vs Tottenham 2-1 win

Premiership Home vs Wigan 4-1 win

Champions League quarter leg 1 Home vs Inter 3-0 win

Fa Cup semi-f Wembley vs Reading 4-2 win 2-0 up reading scored from two corners to draw level.

As you can see im conceding goals and narrowly winning games with a couple of exceptions. Delighted with Inter result!

So my hird season is now over. Finished 3rd in the league, winners of the community shield, league cup and fa cup. Lost to Man Utd in Champions League semis.

Here's my results continuing from above.

Champions League qtr-f leg 2 Away vs Inter 1-3 loss

League away vs Man Utd 1-1

League away vs Liverpool 2-2

League home vs West Brom 1-0 win

League away vs Chelsea 3-1 win

Champions league semi leg 1 home vs Man Utd 2-1 loss

League home vs Sunderland 1-0 win

Champions League semi leg 2 away vs Manu Utd 3-1 loss

League away vs Cardiff 2-2

League home vs Newcastle 2-0 win

Fa Cup Final vs Fulham 2-1 win aet Fulham in Championship beat league winners Chelsea on the way to final.

Hopefully i'll have a good pre-season with it and the players should have geld nicely for the start of the season. Ive let a few players go so i need to bolster.

Any opinions on taking the DMC forward arrow away?

Ive been using the old and new tactics i find the new one gets the best results and plan on just using that just wondering if u could tell us if u do any little tweaks when u are 1-0 up and want to protect a lead?

no i dont becasue the dline is already low.

Glad this tactic is getting used more.

Do you need a mediafire account to upload stuff?

Most of the 2-1 wins and results where ive conceded ive been in front in the first half comfortably then conceded in the second half. Some times last 15 i'll take arrows off the full backs.

Thanks gary ill give that a try

• 5 weeks later...

Archived