Postponed Games

Now I appreciate in this day and age that its rare for games to get called off.... back when I was growing up we would and did lose whole weekends, even consecutively of league games due to bad weather and lack of pitch care (compared to todays standards).

Anyway its still quite common for Scottish games to be greatly affected - however on FM its rare that games get postponed, even more so a whole divisions games or if not more in one weekend.

Is this a limitation of the fixture mechanism in the game? Or does the weather listed not actually affect the decision or not to play a game, just the potential for on field happenings?

I know its hard for a game to predict the weather, but cases like Newport are quite interesting.. seeing teams have 4 or 5 games in hand, its adds a bit of uncertainty to everything.

As Bromley I got two-three fixtures postponed each season. Usually home games. Pitch condition is a major factor I think as is the weather. Snow on a playable pitch is less likely to be called off compared to snow and a terrible pitch which, is likely to cause serious injury and is likely to get a more 'boggy' minefield type of ground that'll result in the referee having no choice but to call it off.

The reason for the lack of postponements in Scotland is due to FM not calling off games for frozen pitches, unless your park is waterlogged the game goes ahead.

I think FM has enough problems with fixture congestions late in the season, so they don't want to add to it.

I've seen a few though, including top flight games being called off for a waterlogged pitch.

Archived