How do I make an unhappy transfer target request a transfer?

Hi all,

I've set my sights on a quality regen left back in my save with Manchester United, I've made bids of up £40m pounds for the player at which point the selling club starting negotiations at a whopping £80m :eek:.

The player is considering his options as he wants to move to a bigger club and wants to impress me with his next performance, as i have lavished praise on him in the press and told the media i will do everything in my power to sign him.

My questions are -

Is there a way to drive down the clubs asking price or make him put in a formal transfer request?

Do i need to keep making comments about him in the media to make him do this?

Should i wait until transfer deadline day where the selling club may be a little bit more desperate to sell, therefore potentially be more inclined to accept a lesser bid?

Your help would be very much appreciated :thup:

Regards,

Nbfw

only way i know to frce a player into request is mention to media that this player is on your radar, but there are others as well... Then, if he will say that he's waiting for bid, you bid, they reject, he requests a transfer. But sometimes clubs dont give a sh*t. I was bidding up to 60mln pounds for a striker from ajax, kept talking to the press, he kept requesting transfer, but they were having none of it and they kept him untill his final year of contract (surprisingly he didnt want to sign a new contract with them :p ), when i bought him for 40mln.

Sometimes just ask staff for advice, sometimes they will help you unsettle player but do note - sometimes

It's is very hard to get anywhere with that. Basically you can buy a player for what the club wants initially, or you spend months tapping him up and buy him for... what the club wanted initially. If the contract starts to get close to expiring the price will go down, but unfortunately many players tend to become happy to stay after their season has ended and are likely to renew their contacts before becoming unsettled again.

Maybe I'm wrong and there is a way.. I hope I am wrong! I want to sign Damiao for my Santos side and he has been transfer listed for 2 years for £51m, except in pre-season when he is on transfer list-break, and Internacional renew his contact.

Archived