I never see my player.

Having guided Notts County into the Premiership I signed Iranian international Hosain Kaebi to play right wingback for the tough season to come. The only problem is he is never at the club.

This is because since signing in June he has been on international duty SIXTEEN times, and it's only December. Now a new news item has just popped up to say he's off again to play a further 5 matches in the new year!

Am I missing something because at best this seems very odd.

Guest TheFego

Ask him to consider retiring from international duty - if he's in the last few years of his career, he might agree...

Guest TheFego

Just suggesting a possible solution...are they always competitive matches? You can usually withdraw players from friendlies.

Does the number of games that Iran are playing look unrealistic? In the last 12 months the real life team have played 17 matches which is no more than they have played on my save game.

The one aspect that could be an issue is if your player is constantly being selected as an over-aged player in youth tournaments.

It is tournments, I had the same problem with a player from Iran, there were two ridiculous tournaments the WAFF cup(West Asian Football Fed) then the Asian cup, obviously there are friendlys to warm up for those two but you can-not withdraw players from either tournament.

• 3 weeks later...

I had Mohammed Salmeen in my team, a player from Bahrain. He was 33-34 years ol and my captain. I think he was called up to the National side with a few others players as the international break was coming up. I didn't think much of it until my next game when he was still on international duty. It was the Asia Cup or something like that.. for the U-23. He was gone for more than a month.

A major part of the problem will be the limited number of players from that nation in any starting database as this increases the likelihood of the very best players from that nation being called up as over-aged players in youth tournaments.

What the game needs to do is rule check the importance of the competition & then allow the player to decline the chance to play for the U21's in a championship finals if they consider it less important than their club fixtures, this should certainly be the case for players beyond their mid 20's as unless it was an Olympic call-up I find it doubtful that a 27 year full international would be interested in playing in a regional U21 competition.

• 4 months later...

I just started another SPL season and immediately get notice that 22 of my players are being called up for international competition. I mean, it's nice that they're so well-thought-of internationally, but it makes it hard to fill out a game roster. And when they get back, they're all whining if they all don't immediately get first-team action...assuming they don't come back with a 2-3 month injury.

It is tournments, I had the same problem with a player from Iran, there were two ridiculous tournaments the WAFF cup(West Asian Football Fed) then the Asian cup, obviously there are friendlys to warm up for those two but you can-not withdraw players from either tournament.

Calling the Asian Cup ridculous is like calling the European Championships ridculous. It is the major competition for Asian nations outside the World Cup.

Asia has a lot of competitions not played on FIFA dates (EAFF Cup, WAFF Cup etc.). That would be the issue.

Archived