From PC to Mac

Hi, this is probably a series of questions with easy YES answers but i'm doing my research so would appreciate thoughts from those who have done so.

Basic background is that I am considering buying my first Mac and moving away from my current PC laptop; what I am asking is...

> Will my existing game load onto a Mac? I am assuming as the game on disk is for both the game will be without modification?

> Is it possible to load my hall of fame information when I load it? or do I have to accept that loading the game from scratch onto any new computer comes with this acceptance?

> I assume the game runs just as well (better?) on a mac?

> Any other thoughts / comments?

Thanks in advance

> Will my existing game load onto a Mac? I am assuming as the game on disk is for both the game will be without modification?

Yes will work perfectly fine.

> Is it possible to load my hall of fame information when I load it? or do I have to accept that loading the game from scratch onto any new computer comes with this acceptance?

not sure

yeah its spot on.

> Any other thoughts / comments?

Best thing i ever did was move from pc to mac although the macbook pro does run quite hot when playing FM

Yes, as long as there's no modified database running on the old save

Possible I think, you'd just need to copy over the old hall of fame file to replace the new one. Not quite sure where it is though - it's in the steam folder, definitely

Depends on the specs of either. If your new mac is much better than your old, you'll get better performance. If you got a similarly specced laptop, it would run the same as the new mac. I haven't heard of any performance degradation on either mac or pc over the other.

Archived