I really don't understand

I'm liverpool in my game, now in the 2019/2020 season and I have been really succesful and rated as the richest club in the world.

Start of this season I go through the chairman leaving thing; fair enough I've been successful enough that its concluded without any threat to my job. A consortium buys the club and informs me that 1.35bn has been invested into the coffers; the finances show this - definitely no major losses this season sitting at about 100m vs 450m last full season.

Now however its saying that I am nearly 2bn in debt and we're likely to go into administration!!!

Has anyone else had this happen or know why it might be?

this maybe the finances going over 2 billion.

Not so much confused as the data type used to store your bank balance can't store a number bigger that that; so it loops round to negative values.

Think of it a bit like a clock, that can, say, only store 0-23; if you add 12 hours to 18:00 it becomes 6, not 30, because the only values possible are 0-23. Same thing here, the value can only go up to a certain threshold, then it goes back to negative that amount.

If you want more info you can research how computers store numbers in the different data types, but that's probably too technical.

Hi, wonder if you can help. im playing FM 2012, and i have always been able to scout the under 18/20 leagues from different countries. However i am now with Arsenal and i cant do this just the senior leagues, in spain etc. Can youtell me why? i am in my second season.

Start a new thread Roman don't just hijack someone else's with a completely different issue. I am sure people would help you if you start a new thread.

As for this issue, spend 1BN on a player or something and empty the bank mate possibly? How on earth did you make 2bn with Liverpool in only 7 years anyway!!!

Start a new thread Roman don't just hijack someone else's with a completely different issue. I am sure people would help you if you start a new thread.

As for this issue, spend 1BN on a player or something and empty the bank mate possibly? How on earth did you make 2bn with Liverpool in only 7 years anyway!!!

Cheating

To be clear I didn't "make 2bn" I think my balance was about 600m which was mainly from several succesful seasons and lots of player sales; the take-over injected 1.35bn into the club which I assume was due to my reputation and "estimated value".

To the simplistic cheating comment of the other poster - this thread wasn't to boast or pretend I am great at the game; I freely note that i don't play organically and I only mentioned the successes purely to head off any already in debt thoughts. I use an edited game (pre-game) because i don't have the time to play it properly any more; because my opinion is the data quality of the game (seen in player histories and the like) is terrible and it irritates me to play the game that way and because I like to have a good crop of youngsters coming through the ranks which tends to enable me to sell older players for lots of money without too much risk. To many this will be cheating and that's fine; the game is escapism to me and I don't have the hours to play the game properly any more as I once did.

Thanks for the answers it makes sense as to why; at least it is making an interesting twist to the game!

Archived