Underachieving Concerns?

I'm facing a rather confusing siuation at the moment and beginning to think it may be a bug.

I'm managing a team that has just been promoted to the Argentine Premier, media prediction to finish 17th (of 20) and rarely favourites with the odds.

I'm currently sitting in 3rd!! in the table with just under half the season to go. The board are 100% happy with the situation and if anything we are massively overachieving.

We haven't entered into the cup competition either yet so it can't be that but i've had 3 players express concern in the last two weeks that we are underachieving, I told them I have no concerns to which they (somewhat hilariously) replied that I don't know what i'm doing (can't remember the exact wording but it was actually quite funny). This has resulted in all three's morale to drop considerably and I fear the rest of the squad may follow suit shortly. I have since transfer listed one of them as that kind of attitude aggravates me and I take a no-nonsense approach with my players.

Anyone know why this may be occurring or how to stop it in the future? :confused:

Thanks.

EDIT: I am now getting questions from the media like: "The pressure is really growing on you to change your fortunes isn't it?" and the media summaries claiming "struggling". This is nonsensical and simply MUST be a bug, can this be moved by a mod please?

Maybe, but the bloke I transfer listed is described as 'reluctant to leave the club'. One of them is a 36 year old GK who's been with the club for years so unlikely with him as well.

It's bizarre and I've never had this happen before.

Defo bug, at a guess have you just started the closing stage of the league campaign?

I had an issue in the Brazilian 3rd division where everyone thought we were underachieving after I qualified for the promotion KO rounds.

Edit: Just a thought but where are you placed on the average points table? You might have had a good start but you could still be at risk from relegation.

As you've ruled out the average table it certainly looks like a nailed on bug, for the guys at SI to see what has happened they will need to take a look at your save before people start approaching you about this apparent underachievement.

My advice is to set your game to daily saves & for it to create a new file for each save, I found these player interaction bugs difficult to reproduce when I've reported issues & having to replay a day or two is much better than having to go back a couple of weeks.

Archived