Newbie training questions

I have been playing FM for few years and just got FM13. The training has changed from previous versions and Im trying to learn how it works.

- on the individual training window Im getting feedback from my coach that some players should be put on the individual training regime to work on tactical role. How do I do that? there is no specific attribute to focus that increases tactical understanding. Does he mean that I should have on general training default focus on tactics?

- when you want to increase a specific attribute on a player... how long do you focus on that attribute? 3 months? or is it random? does determination influence attribute development?

1. The tactical role means setting the individual training regime of Inside Forward for a Attacking Midfielder for example; they usually tell you this when the player has reached his CA when its best to get the player to concentrate on just the attributes that he uses in his tactical role in games. Its also useful for training players in attributes that aren't necessarily needed for their particular role but help them become more rounded; allowing the player to be more adaptable to different situations.

2. I suggest you look at these threads for advice on training: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/343043-Ajax-Youth-Development-%E2%80%93-When-The-Real-World-Meets-Football-Manager and http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/344595-Planning-Ahead-The-Deep-Lying-Playmaker. Determination doesn't directly affect attribute development however it can help with match ratings which in turn have some effect on development; professionalism is a much bigger factor in development, as explained in the threads suggested

Archived