Handheld 2013 version good but....

Hello,

I haven't played a football management game since the Football Manager guys were doing Championship Manager many years ago, I remember it on the Amiga(93) then on the PC (Championship Manager 2 and 3 99/00) were it was amazing and full of depth and history, you could look back on stats going back years as you played the game for season after season.

Now the handheld version is good and I use it on a Nexus Android tablet and is more powerful than those PC's back then so why can't it have more depth and detail. Simple details seem to be missing that I'm sure doesn't stress a today's hardware like the history of your club that you have managed over the years, I've done 6 seasons and can't seems to find out how my club or another club has been doing, has my average gate receipts increased over the years, what cups and leagues have I won rather than showing I have won 1 cup. Maybe I have yet to find it, but I think there needs to be a history button under the club and manager. Wouldn't it be great to select Alex Ferguson and check out his history? (ok maybe not him).

To sum it up I guess they are trying to keep the Android chaps on version 3 and below happy, but I don't understand how Championship Manger 2/3 ran on a Pentium 133 with 16mb ram and was huge. I guess I should buy the PC version.

Thanks

• SI Staff

You can see past winners of the various competitions by going into the competition area for that comp and viewing history.

With regards to gate receipts - they're not really anything to do with a manager and that side of things is left outside of your realm in FMH (tbh its wholly unrealistic in FM PC/Mac that a manager would know this kind of minutae about his club imho).

The reason that things are slightly restricted is several fold - (1) Ensure the game can run on as many devices as possible (important to keep the game viable from a business perspective, because its so cheap we need to sell quite a few copies to cover costs - especially as licencing takes a large chunk), (2) keep save games small - this is important on mobiles far more than on PC - for instance if your device loses battery power with a small save we have a fighting chance of dumping data to storage and allowing you to continue after you've charged your device, if the save was 40mb that chance would be FAR smaller ...

That's a shame, let's be positive, we like as much detail as possible! Details like seeing how many watch your game was great and they would increase if your club was doing well, little details make it a more believable world. The old versions were so detailed if you remember and ran on nothing that is all I'm saying. I understand you guys need make money which is why we pay a lot of money for this and every single add-on (maybe some free add-on, like most other companies do in the future) . Let's hope it moves on in then next version, perhaps do a survey on what everyone would like in the next version (maybe you already do)?

I'm going to get the PC version anyway to satisfy my needs, the demo is good.

• SI Staff

The game is steadily moving forward and as devices become more highly powered it'll continue to expand - at the moment though we've biased somewhat towards expanding the database rather than historic data generally on FMH in the past ...

Archived