Alen Halilović

Alright. Seen this brilliant prospect for Dinamo Zagreb who I want to buy. Because he is only 16 and plays in Croatia, he can only join in 2 years when he turns 18 unfortunately. I would like to keep a check on his progress, however I don't usually load the Croatian League. However would he develop better if I had the league loaded so you can see all their fixtures or is it a case that if you have him waiting to join you and you do not have the league loaded, will his development stall or is that just an unproven theory? As if you do not load the league there is only about 10 players that make up the squad which bugs me a little. However while I do not really load up the Croatian league it would be good to check their fixtures up until he joins me then possibly remove the league.

Hope that makes sense. If it does, please can you recommend what you would do? Thanks

i never had problems with signing underaged croatians. i come upon this rule only if i want to buy from brazilian league, so i really dont know why you cant buy him... But definitely players develop better when the league is loaded...

i never had problems with signing underaged croatians. i come upon this rule only if i want to buy from brazilian league, so i really dont know why you cant buy him... But definitely players develop better when the league is loaded...

Thanks for your input. I think this has always been the case for Croatians irl and the game. Don't exactly know how it works but it is frustrating because he could really develop in my Anderlecht save if I had from the offset. Guess I will load the league up then :)

More comments are welcomed, don't be shy ;)

like i said, i never had problems signing underaged croatians, as a matter of fact i have two in my current save, central defender(475k) and striker (140k), both bought as 15-16 yo, both from croatian league. I dont have it loaded, but i do go there regularly to check for some newgens, and if i like someone, i buy him, and have no problems whatsoever with this... but to hear from someone else about this would be great, because in my opinion there's something wrong with your game if you cant sign them until they're 18...

maybe it's because i signed them late in the game, so maybe rules have changed, or sth...

Don't quote me, but I think it is linked to Croatia becoming an EU country after a year game time. Hashassin signed his after this, so players are free to move within other EU states. When the game starts, Croatia are not an EU country and restrictions may be in place.

like i said, i never had problems signing underaged croatians, as a matter of fact i have two in my current save, central defender(475k) and striker (140k), both bought as 15-16 yo, both from croatian league. I dont have it loaded, but i do go there regularly to check for some newgens, and if i like someone, i buy him, and have no problems whatsoever with this... but to hear from someone else about this would be great, because in my opinion there's something wrong with your game if you cant sign them until they're 18...

maybe it's because i signed them late in the game, so maybe rules have changed, or sth...

Nothing wrong with my game, can assure you of that. It must be maybe something Daz said. I am playing with the newest update, not one player can join me from Croatia who is U18. Can I ask when you signed them btw please.

Guys, let's confirm it for good :)

Croatia joins EU at the end of the 2012/13 season (as irl), therefore you are able to sign up under-18 Croatian players after that moment if you are managing a club from within the EU limits.

Before that date, and for the clubs outside EU, you are able to sign Croatian players (as with most of the other non-EU countries) if they are younger than 18 years, but they are not allowed to join you before their 18th birthday.

If there is someone who knows for sure if this is the case, please come forward.

I signed him when he was 16, but he didn't come until he was 18. I could however sign 16-year old Croatians in 2nd season. Dinamo developed him well and he got lots of game time and even had his national debut before the transfer, so I wouldn't worry. If you sign the player immediately at least you know you will get him and likely you will get him cheaper than if you wait.

I signed him when he was 16, but he didn't come until he was 18. I could however sign 16-year old Croatians in 2nd season. Dinamo developed him well and he got lots of game time and even had his national debut before the transfer, so I wouldn't worry. If you sign the player immediately at least you know you will get him and likely you will get him cheaper than if you wait.

Yeah, that is what I am thinking, can get him much cheaper. His value is going to increase hugely if I leave it to a following season and he could possibly gain interest from other major clubs which would be worrying. Thanks people for advice :thup:

Archived