PLS HELP Why does a club ask me for a transfer fee when the player i want is out of contract??

Hi, I want a player who contract is expiring. I click on approach to sign and confirm the agreement.

Then i get a reply that the transfer requires 1.3 million?? I thought i can get him for free if he isnt extending his contract with current club. The option to aquire him at end of contract is selected so this cant be the issue.

Does anyone know why the club is asking me for a fee when i think i could get him for free??

thx. its annoying me somewhat.

hope to hear back from the this community soon. Really do appreciate any posts that you take the time to write. thx.

Hi, I want a player who contract is expiring. I click on approach to sign and confirm the agreement.

Then i get a reply that the transfer requires 1.3 million?? I thought i can get him for free if he isnt extending his contract with current club. The option to aquire him at end of contract is selected so this cant be the issue.

Does anyone know why the club is asking me for a fee when i think i could get him for free??

thx. its annoying me somewhat.

hope to hear back from the this community soon. Really do appreciate any posts that you take the time to write. thx.

If he's under 24, you'll usually have to pay the selling club compensation. All depends on what countries are involved here, mind.

What age is he, and is his current club in the same country as you?

23yrs old in Sheffield Weds reserves. Im Crawley, just won league 1 and going in the transfer market, summer window. Mark Beevers is the defender im after

Archived