Saturday, Wednesday Fixtures

Was just wondering why all of my fixtures are either Saturday or Wednesday. Every Champions League fixture, for every club involved, is on a Wednesday and every Premier League fixture is on a Saturday. Anyone know why this is.

- I have the 'move matches for TV' icon selected.

Could just be a quirk of the scheduling on your save.

I find it strange that you say this though...

Every Champions League fixture, for every club involved, is on a Wednesday

Really? If so, you've been hit with the random bug stick it seems - I have never, ever seen the Champions League deviate from its Tuesday/Wednesday split groups schedule. Four groups one day, four the next, Europa on Thursday with split kick-off times. Are you saying everyone always plays on a Wednesday?

I have this issue as well.

It started occurring from my second season and has been the case ever since (5 seasons on). I've tried toggling the 'move matches for TV' several times but it seems to have no effect.

Yep, its a setting for online leagues so that you all have your matches on the same days. This prevents the problem where everyone's matches are on diffrent days, slowing the season down considerably as instead of twice a week, you have to sit and watch games 4 or 5 times a week.

• Administrators

Yeah once set I believe it sticks until a new game is created. However there is a chance that if it's changed before a new seasons fixtures is generated that it should sort itself out.

Also check as well as what's above, via the in-game preferences under 'match' make sure 'Allow matches to be moved for TV broadcast' is ticked too.

• 4 months later...
Aren't League and Champions League matches normally played on Saturdays and Wednesdays respectively?

Champions League games are usually played Tuesday one week, Wednesday the next. Not Wednesday every single week.

Similarly for league games, they are only usually moved due to TV scheduling or fixture congestion

Archived