lack of board expectation budget choice

I've managed a club in Russia and two in Argentina:

The Russian club gave me an initial board expectation with an editable wage/transfer budget according to how ambitious I was (as I assumed was the norm in this game and all previous versions). There was also the option to change this mid-season as the performance was exceeding the initial expectation (again I have encountered this before and assumed it was the norm)

In Argentina, both clubs gave me no option for changing start of season budgets based on board expectations, one was simply 'learn from experience' (understandable as it was my first club) and the other gave a desired finish with no room to change the expectation and budget allowance (and neither have offered the mid season change, or in subsequent seasons).

My question is, do variable starting budgets from board expectations only apply to Europe/specific clubs/certain financial status of clubs? Or should I have the option with every club and this is an anomaly?

Thanks

My first thought was that you were managing a club that demanded the title - it's normal not to get a choice there because there is no choice. Strange that you don't get one for the two clubs you mention though IMO. Were they part time/amateur clubs?

The two Argentine clubs are professional, one was in the second division (my first club) and the second one I took over when they were in the second division as well and got them promoted to the Prem. Upon entering the prem in my second season with them, there was no option for 'avoid relegaion', 'mid-table' etc. The only way I know if I'm performing to expectation is by viewing the board confidence tab and seeing how much 'percent' I have and the message that goes with it e.g 65% 'the board are pleased that the team is currently on course for a respectable mid-table position' etc.

I took Millonarios from Colombia mid-season and ended winning the league, before starting next season, I was assigned transfer and wage budget without being adviced. It also was a problem because the wage budget was less than the previous (transfer budget was 3.3M so I can't complain). I edited the budget to give more wage budget though because the player I wanted wasn't so expensive and I mostly sold players that I didn't need.

I noticed a similar odd occurrence managing in Brazil.

After winning the league in first season I got my budget from the next season. Basically it was the same wage as before + a transfer budget of around £2m. Not long after I get the sponsorship money. Around £25m... The money sat there all year with no update to the budget. Next season the same thing happens with the sponsorship arriving after the budget, although this time the money from last season was taken into consideration.

It is strange though, that there is no update of the budget due to the clubs financial situation and that sponsorship money is payed out after the budget is set. Maybe the January start is causing problems?

Archived