How to Play Possession Football?

When signing my contract the Board expects 3 things:

- Play possession football

- Play attacking football

- Give Youth a chance

During my 3 seasons I have been able to achieve the last two. Several times during the 3 seasons I’ve seen it reaching the 100% in the approval bar.

However ‘the play possession football’ has NEVER moved!!!

It stands there 50% and has never gone up or done during the 3 seasons...

My question is - thus it move?? What have you seen in your game? Has anybody made it to 100%? Any thoughts on this issue?

Because I have the feeling that no matter what I do it doesn't change!

For instance in my 3rd season I have had and average of ball possession of 55%, one can argue that’s not possession football, maybe......

But looking at the EPL this season one can see that Arsenal leads the ball possession stats with and avg of 57,2% and I’m pretty sure everybody agrees that Arsenal plays possession football and if a similar situation was to happen in FM the board would be very happy about it, IMO.

Checking my stats during the current (4th) season I’ve only played 11 games but:

Possession Football: 50% approval

Attacking Football: 100% approval

Youth: 100% approval

In those 11 matches I have 8W 1D 2L

I have an avg of ball possession of 56,9% with the lowest being a match with 50% (and in 2 of those 11 matches I have finished with only 10 men!)

So I think the Board should at least be a little happy as they are with the other 2 clauses of my contract. Or am I missing something?

Btw, in those 11 matches I have hit the woodwork 8 times! a bit to high, maybe?

I don't know how that one works. Maybe it needs to hit a certain percentage, i.e. above 60% or below 40%. Or perpahs it's down to strategy, i.e you have to play short passing and slow tempo and not use counter/attack-strategy.

Archived