[FM 13] If Arrested Development can come back after a Hiatus, so can I! - A Cerud Career

cerud

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The contract system makes me glad I don't manage in the MLS!

MLS does a few things differently ;)

Good start to the season there and going well in the CL, hopefully you can finish the job off in the 2nd leg.

Well....update to follow.

April 2017 Update

200px-Vancouver_Whitecaps_FC_logo.svg.png

Vancouver Whitecaps FC - Major League Soccer

The Matches

fixn.png

2 April 2017 - Seattle Sounders FC - Away - 3-3 Tie

MLS Regular Season - Attendance - 37,068

Cascadia Cup Match

This was an odd game. Three minutes into the match, my shot clock stated that I had taken 256 shots so far. When I got my first goal, it suddenly changed and said I had taken 6 shots, but none on net. I guess my goal was some form of immaculate performance. Recognizing how rare this is, I immediately called the Pope and demanded sainthood. Unfortunately, he declined. I assumed it was because I couldn't hold onto the lead we had and had to settle for a tie.

5 April 2017 - América (MEX) - Home - 0-1 Loss

CONCACAF Champions League - Attendance - 21,000

We dominated this match. Unfortunately, we just couldn't break down their goalkeeper. And then, my goalkeeper decided to act stupid (something that has become a problem this month). For some reason, he likes to clear the ball directly down the middle of the pitch with a regular kick. It goes between my two centrebacks and right to the opposing striker, who goes in unchallenged for the goal. This has happened at least five more times this month. It also cost us the Champions League. Interesting as well and not sure if the game is coded this way...after América (MEX) scored, one of their players would go down injured about every 20 seconds to waste time. Felt like a real match against a Mexican side!

8 April 2017 - Colorado Rapids - Away - 1-2 Loss

MLS Regular Season - Attendance - 15,494

We just couldn't get anything going in this match. I can tell the boys are tired and getting a bit jaded with our insane schedule. I wish I could tell them it gets better, but we still have more of this for a month.

12 April 2017 - Portland Timbers - Home - 1-0 Win

MLS Regular Season - Attendance - 20,601

Cascadia Cup Match

We threw everything at Portland in this match. Shots were 17-4 in our favour. Getting only one goal doesn't truly represent how dominating we were, but we're also dealing with a couple injuries up front and using younger players who are still getting their confidence in playing.

15 April 2017 - FC Dallas - Away - 0-2 Loss

MLS Regular Season - Attendance - 17,458

This seemed like an even match, but we didn't capitalize on our chances.

19 April 2017 - Houston Dynamo - Away - 2-2 Tie

MLS Regular Season - Attendance - 21,223

Both teams exchanged goals in the first and second halves. Neither really looked like they would fight for the win.

22 April 2017 - New England Revolution - Home - 1-0 Win

MLS Regular Season - Attendance - 20,128

A much needed win. They seem to be few this month. Shots were 18-2 for us, but again, our strikers aren't performing. Cisneros, from the right wig, came in for the goal.

26 April 2017 - FC Edmonton - Away - 1-0 Win

Amway Canadian Championship - Attendance - 2,242

I decided to play most of our youngsters in this match to see what they could do and to give a few of our other players a much needed break. Petersen, my first pick in the 2017 Superdraft, grabbed the only goal and the win for us.

29 April 2017 - Portland Timbers - Away - 0-1 Loss

MLS Regular Season - Attendance - 18,551

Cascadia Cup Match

We're just tired, simple as that.

Amway Canadian Championship

canw.png

We won the first match against NASL side, FC Edmonton; however, we have one more to go before the final.

The Standings

standk.png

Whoever designed our schedule is a sadist. We have played every 3-4 days for two full months now. My squad is near death and it is showing in our performances. I've been rotating the squad every match and many of our younger players are getting more playing time than I would normally give them at this stage. Our schedule is still going to be gruelling for another week and then we will finally get a 6 day break between matches.

We are in a decent position in the standings; however, it's also deceiving because we have played quite a few more games than clubs below us.

For those who want to know about the Cascadia Cup, right now were are leading the table against Portland and Seattle.

We've all said the same thing in other saves... Heck a few seasons back I had a full game on Monday and then Tuesday... then I had a break of like 14 days... LOL

True, true. :D

But Schedulers are sadists regardless... :lol:
Doing a very good job despite the tiredness, hopefully your fixture congestion eases off in the near future.

Thanks, guys. Looks like the pace of matches will ease off a bit, but still busy with the Canadian Championship going on this month.

31 May 2017

Globe-and-Mail.png

Whitecaps Clinch Voyageurs Cup

In a commanding display of soccer, the Vancouver Whitecaps have won the Canadian Championship, lifting the Voyageurs Cup to home fans at BC Place. The round of matches, which saw the Whitecaps dominate 7-1 on aggregate, marks their second win in this competition in a row and the first for current manager, Cerud.

champsd.png

May 2017 Update

The Matches

fixr.png

3 May 2017 - FC Edmonton - Home - 2-0 Win

Amway Canadian Championship - Attendance - 15,041

This was our match all the way through, but it took us a while to get on the board.

6 May 2017 - Los Angeles Galaxy - Home - 0-0 Draw

MLS Regular Season - Attendance - 20,228

How we didn't score in this match, I'll never know. Another dominating match which saw us outshoot our opponents 15-1. We had some good chances as well, but couldn't get them past the goalkeeper.

13 May 2017 - Real Salt Lake - Home - 4-1 Win

MLS Regular Season - Attendance - 20,251

So, that's how we play when we get a bit of time to rest! Great performance by all. I'm hoping this marks a return to our form from earlier in the season.

17 May 2017 - Montreal Impact - Away - 3-1 Win

Amway Canadian Championship - Attendance - 25,356

We drew Montreal in the Final for the Canadian Championship, a team I haven't faced yet. Going into their stadium, I figured for a difficult draw. D'Oliveira had other ideas and gave us a quick two goal lead. Teibert added another one a few minutes later to seal the win.

20 May 2017 - Toronto FC - Home - 1-1 Tie

MLS Regular Season - Attendance - 20,377

I didn't want to lose this match as Toronto is a strong rival of Vancouver. We couldn't grab the win, but were able to get the late tie on an individual effort from defensive midfielder, Obiorah.

27 May 2017 - Colorado Rapids - Away - 2-1 Win

MLS Regular Season - Attendance - 10,058

It took us until the end of the match before we were finally able to break open the scoring. Thankfully, we grabbed a couple of goals as Colorado got one of their own in the extra time. It wasn't enough and the win was ours.

31 May 2017 - Montreal Impact - Home - 4-0 Win

Amway Canadian Championship - Attendance - 21,000

In front of a sellout home crowd, we lifted the Voyageurs Cup in style! A dominating 4 goal win in addition to the 3 goals we had away, sealed the win in a 7-1 aggregate. This also ensures our entrance into the CONCACAF Champions League for the next season.

Amway Canadian Championship

can.png

The Canadian Championship is ours and we are going back to the CONCACAF Champions League!

The Standings

standuy.png

We are in 2nd place, both in overall league standings and in our conference. However, Portland has played more games, so I'm confident that we can overtake them. I've begun to play my backup goalkeeper, Mendoza, more and he's performed very well. He's young and I figured I'd use him sparingly this year, maybe play five or so matches. Given his record so far, I will probably give him a few more games as he is making a strong case to take over the top goalkeeping spot right now. We shall see.

June 2017 Update

The Matches

fixn.png

3 June 2017 - Chivas USA - Home - 3-0 Win

MLS Regular Season - Attendance - 20,179

I was missing a few players due to international call ups, so I had to resort to using a few that haven't played much. It took a while, but we ended up pulling off a decent win, including seeing Leyva nab a goal on his debut.

11 June 2017 - New York Red Bulls - Away - 5-1 Win

MLS Regular Season - Attendance - 14,200

The Red Bulls were shocked as we rolled over them in their own building. It was pretty much a no-contest.

14 June 2017 - Philadelphia Union - Home - 2-0 Win

MLS Regular Season - Attendance - 20,225

We grabbed goals on either side of the half, but the rest of the match was well controlled by us as well.

21 June 2017 - Seattle Sounders FC - Home - 0-1 Loss

MLS Regular Season - Attendance - 21,000

Cascadia Cup Match

It's always disappointing to lose to your rivals at home in front of a sellout crowd. Not our best match.

24 June 2017 - Los Angeles Galaxy - Home - 4-1 Win

MLS Regular Season - Attendance - 20,377

Both of my DP players have struggled in scoring this year, so it was good to finally see them both score. However, I'm thinking that I will have to look elsewhere for my DP players as the two I have now are on the decline. They should be thinking about retirement soon.

The Standings

standb.png

We've blown by Portland in the standings, but have played more matches than them now. Still, I believe that we are in a good position to have the most points at the end of the regular season and gain a better spot in the playoffs. There is also a trophy for the most points as well; I'm hoping for as much silverware as I can grab.

The Transfers

14 June 2017 - traded Tommy Muller to D.C. United for $300K in allocation funds, an International Spot for 5 years, and a 2018 Superdraft 1st Round pick (D.C. United).

21 June 2017 - signed Rodolfo Toledo to a Senior Entry contract on a free transfer.

The Awards

Player of the Month - Carlos Ernesto Cisneros - 1st Place

Very solid so far. Looking comfortable at the top of the table, despite clubs having games in hand.

Thanks, SRL88 I'm fairly confident that we can keep up our pace now that we only have the league to play. The new Champions League will start up in late August, I believe, but shouldn't be too much of a strain.

Strong season so far.

Thanks! :thup:

Looking very good so far,it seems you have the stronger conference as well as Seattle have more points than New England.

Yeah, the Western Conference does seem to be stronger than the East. Surprised to see club like New York and even Los Angeles in my conference struggling.

1 July 2017

Globe-and-Mail.png

Facilities See Improvement for Vancouver

In the mid-season meeting between the Whitecaps Board of Directors and Cerud, the manager was able to make the case for a massive training and youth facilities expansion. The construction, set to take place at the end of the current season, are expected to be completed in April 2018.

trainhs.png

ythks.png

26 July 2017

Globe-and-Mail.png

Whitecaps Have Four Players Picked for Pepsi All-Star Match Against Everton

The Vancouver Whitecaps have had four of their players picked for the MLS Pepsi All-Star match, including Aly Cissokho, Ged Lewis, Carlos Ernesto Cisneros, and Tom Erik Nordberg. The All-Stars started early, scoring twice in the first half, including the first goal by Cisneros. Everton responded in the second half to tie it up and sent the game into penalty kicks.

The MLS All-Stars won, converting all five of their penalty kicks to Everton's three.

July 2017 Update

The Matches

fixtdey.png

4 July 2017 - San Jose Earthquakes - Away - 1-2 Loss

MLS Regular Season - Attendance - 10,010

We blew this game. However, we were also severely squad depleted due to the CONCACAF Gold Cup happening this month. San Jose came back, scoring in the 88th and 93rd minutes to steal the win from us.

16 July 2017 - San Jose Earthquakes - Home - 2-0 Win

MLS Regular Season - Attendance - 20,141

Our schedule gave us an opportunity to take out our revenge on San Jose right away for that loss. It was a great match, seeing Toledo and Rowe both score their first ever senior level goals. San Jose didn't even get a single shot the entire match.

22 July 2017 - Montreal Impact - Away - 2-0 Win

MLS Regular Season - Attendance - 24,642

A more nervy game in Montreal. We took the early lead, but in all seriousness, this match could have gone either way.

30 July 2017 - Real Salt Lake - Home - 5-3 Win

MLS Regular Season - Attendance - 20.259

This match truly had everything! Real Salt Lake had a player score a hattrick against us. Rowe continued his debut season in style and Peterson is showing himself to be a great striking pair with Rowe. And to top it off, Mendoza, our goalkeeper, scored a goal of his own in the final minute of play. Not a bad way to endear yourself to fans!

CONCACAF Champions League

81245885.png

The Group Stage of the Champions League has us against MLS side, Houston Dynamo, and Honduran club, Olimpia. I'm confident that we can qualify.

The Standings

standq.png

We're in a commanding lead at the top of the standings. I'm confident of finishing the regular season at the top and going into the playoffs in a strong position. I'm especially happy at how the squad came together this month as we had many of our top players gone for the Gold Cup. They have only just returned, missing the entire month of play.

The play of the month has to be Mendoza scoring a goal as a goalkeeper!

The Transfers

1 July 2017 - traded Christian Reynoso to Columbus Crew for a 2018 Superdraft 1st Round pick (Columbus) and a 2018 Superdraft 2nd Round pick (Columbus).

The Awards

Player of the Month - Nwankwo Obiorah - 3rd Place

11 August 2017

Globe-and-Mail.png

Cerud Moving to Ilha do Retiro?

Vancouver fans wake up to stunning news as it's been made public that Sport Recife, a Brazilian club, has made an offer for the Canadian manager. The offer includes a $700K buyout to the Whitecaps for the bulk of he current contract. However, rumours were immediately put to rest as Cerud spoke to media outside of their training facilities early this morning.

"I have received an offer from a top Brazilian club; however, I haven't accomplished what I set out to in Vancouver. The Canadian Championship is only the beginning. I have thanked them for their offer and declined."

jobw.png

Finally! My first unsolicited job offer :D

August 2017 Update

The Matches

fixp.png

2 August 2017 - CD Olimpia - Away - 7-0 Win

CONCACAF Champions League - Attendance - 10,033

Four players scoring braces and another goal for good measure. Yeah, this is winning.

5 August 2017 - FC Dallas - Away - 1-1 Tie

MLS Regular Season - Attendance - 17,413

We barely give FC Dallas a shot all game. The one they do get is a brilliant 30 yard bomb from the right. Sometimes football is just rough.

12 August 2017 - Chivas USA - Away - 2-0 Win

MLS Regular Season - Attendance - 11,676

A decent controlling win. Goals from both wingers.

16 August 2017 - D.C. United - Away - 2-0 Win

MLS Regular Season - Attendance - 11,277

Another simple away match that were controlled. The own goal helped us on the way and Rowe continued to add to his debut season tally with another. He is definitely making the case for a role on the squad.

19 August 2017 -Colorado Rapids - Home - 3-2 Win

MLS Regular Season - Attendance - 20,141

We almost let this game get away from us. We took a 1-0 lead in the first half, but Colorado answered back with a couple early in the second. D'Oliveira's second effort brought us back into the match and Leverón took back the win in the 90th minute.

30 August 2017 - Houston Dynamo - Home - 3-1 Win

CONCACAF Champions League - Attendance - 17,029

Houston started strong, but our goal in the 10th minute silenced them. They didn't reassert themselves until the end of the match, taking the clean sheet away in the 90th minute.

39555776.png

Looking strong so far. One more match against either side; another win will secure the top spot.

The Standings

standdq.png

We have clinched a playoff spot with 5 matches left to go in the regular season. Los Angeles fired their manager a couple months ago and the new one has completely turned the club around. They look more like the team that beat us in the playoffs last year. Also surprising to see Toronto FC have turned things around in the Eastern Conference.

Congrats on the unsolicited Job offer... Brazil would be interesting but you got things to win still in Canada!

I know! I've only won a Canadian Championship. Still got at least the league to win, hopefully the Champions League too.

Looking extremely dominant in the league :thup:

Shame you have to go through all that play-off rubbish to lift the trophy; you more than deserve it already!

That's North American sports for you :) The league just sets position; the playoffs win you the whole thing.

September 2017 Update

The Matches

fixid.png

9 September 2017 - Real Salt Lake - Away - 2-0 Win

MLS Regular Season - Attendance - 14,655

My Designated Player, Neill, has announced his retirement at the end of the season. Funny that he does that and then goes on to score 5 goals in 3 matches. This was the first of this monthly reign.

20 September 2017 - CD Olimpia - Home - 5-0 Win

CONCACAF Champions League - Attendance - 16,072

Neill grabbed the hattrick as we destroyed Olimpia for the second time. Looks like they're out.

29 September 2017 - Chicago Fire - Home - 2-0 Tie

MLS Regular Season - Attendance - 17,413

There should have been way more goals in their match. We had three goals disallowed, at least two of which should have stood.

62696847.png

We've been dominating in our group. One more match against Houston and we should be good.

The Standings

standx.png

We've now clinched a conference semi final, so we won't have to fight for a wildcard spot. There are only 3 matches left, so I'm reasonably confident at finish top in points. Several other clubs have begun to clinch playoff spots, but only in the East. The Western Conference is a lot closer. It'll be interesting to see which teams rise up and which ones falter.

21 October 2017

Globe-and-Mail.png

Vancouver Hoist the Silverware

Vancouver has won the Supporter's Shield for the first time in their history, achieving the most points in the regular season. Their win against Seattle also propelled them over their American counterparts to win the Cascadic Cup for the fourth time in their history. Cerud spoke the media about winning these two trophies.

"It's great! The Cascadia Cup is awarded by the fans of Vancouver, Seattle, and Portland, and it's always nice to be recognize by your fans. It's why we do this. The Supporter's Shield is a great club achievement because it's the first we've ever won. While it's not the MLS Cup, in any other league in the world, this would be the title. It's a good win for us."

suppq.png

casw.png

23 October 2017

Globe-and-Mail.png

Cerud Attracting Attention in Europe

In recent weeks, the rumour mill around Vancouver manager Cerud has been growing. Spanish club, Osasuna, have come calling for the MLS manager in the hopes to turning around their lacklustre season in La Liga. Most surprisingly, Ukranian giants, Shakhtar, have made a bid for Cerud. Cerud is remembered for lifting Metalist past Shaktar in Ukraine and with Metalist leading the Ukrainian league right now, Shakhtar is hoping that he can do the same for them.

Cerud was unavailable for comment, but it is believed that both offers have been declined.

jobm.png

shakv.png

October 2017 Update

The Matches

fixh.png

7 October 2017 - Los Angeles Galaxy - Away - 1-1 Tie

MLS Regular Season - Attendance - 25,980

Los Angeles were the better team on the pitch, but our early goal was enough for the tie.

21 October 2017 - Seattle Sounders FC - Home - 5-0 Win

MLS Regular Season - Attendance - 37,085

Cascadia Cup Match

We needed a win in this match in order to take the Cascadia Cup as Seattle were leading in the standings. We began right away, with a goal in the 3rd minute and continued throughout the match.

25 October 2017 - Houston Dynamo - Away - 1-2 Loss

CONCACAF Champions League - Attendance - 21,250

Give it to Houston for not quitting. They fought back with two late goals to tie us in the standings. However, we progress of goal difference.

29 October 2017 - FC Dallas - Home - 1-0 Win

MLS Regular Season - Attendance - 20,160

Only one goal separated the clubs on the pitch. We dominated the possession, but the shots were fairly even. I'm happy to end the regular season on a winning note as we prepare ourselves for the playoffs.

69170870.png

We won our group, but the loss to Houston made it closer than I had hoped. It took goal difference to go ahead to the quarter final.

The Standings

standv.png

Not the best of records this month compared to our normal record; however, we won the Supporter's Shield and the Cascadia Cup. Can't complain about that. We are now waiting to see who we will play in the playoffs. This gives us a bit of time to recoup and heal our wounds before we find out.

Absolutely hammered your conference there and if it was a standard table you'd have still walked away with the division :cool: Hopefully you can continue in the playoffs as you have in the regular season :thup:

I'm hoping the same. There are a couple clubs that do give us problems, so as long as we don't meet up with them, we should be fine.

You've been impressive throughout the season,hopefully you can continue with that through the playoffs.

Cheers!

They should just scrap the play offs and hand you the title :D

:D Never happen here.

November 2017 Update

MLS Western Conference Semi Final

200px-Vancouver_Whitecaps_FC_logo.svg.png200px-FC_Dallas_logo.svg.png

Vancouver Whitecaps FC vs. FC Dallas

MLS Western Conference Semi Final

dallase.png

5 November 2017 - FC Dallas - Away - 2-0 Win

MLS Playoffs - Attendance - 18,344

FC Dallas didn't do themselves any favours. They had a man sent off on a straight red card in the 35th minute. We decided to repay them by scoring a minute later. Another goal and we go back home in a great position.

9 November 2017 - FC Dallas - Home - 2-0 Win

MLS Playoffs - Attendance - 20,190

We had a two minute explosion in the first half, scoring twice. The rest of the match was pretty quiet for us; we had already done our job.

November 2017 Update

MLS Western Conference Final

200px-Vancouver_Whitecaps_FC_logo.svg.pngsan_jose_earthquakes_logo.jpg

Vancouver Whitecaps FC vs. San Jose Earthquakes

MLS Western Conference Final

37805687.png

11 November 2017 - San Jose Earthquakes - Away - 1-0 Win

MLS Playoffs - Attendance - 18,000

Hey! I got an idea! How about we schedule international friendly matches during the MLS playoffs! Hooray! Goodbye half of my squad! ....somebody needs to smack that scheduler across the head with a 2x4.... Thank goodness for stellar youth. Sharpe's goal from the left wing was nothing short of a brilliant individual effort and his first ever senior goal.

18 November 2017 - San Jose Earthquakes - Home - 2-1 Win

MLS Playoffs - Attendance - 21,000

Our squad was back, but a couple suffered injuries while on international duty. Perfect. This had to be one of the more odd matches I've had. I don't think either team will be happy with the referee in this one. We had 3 goals disallowed, at least two of which should have counted. Both my goals were penalty kicks, and I'm not too sure we deserved them. San Jose's goal was offside by about 5 metres. Something tells me this referee is getting fired.

December 2017 Update

MLS Cup Final

200px-Vancouver_Whitecaps_FC_logo.svg.pngsporting-kansas-city.png

Vancouver Whitecaps FC vs. San Jose Earthquakes

MLS Cup Final

finalcm.png

2 December 2017 - Sporting Kansas City - Home - 1-0 Win

MLS Playoffs - Attendance - 21,000

We were the stronger club, but Sporting KC are extremely difficult to break down defensively. Many of our shots were from the edge of the box and easily taken care of. However, D'Oliveira was able to find a lane inside early in the second half and round the keeper for the game's only goal.

Vancouver is victorious and lifts the MLS Cup for its first time!

2017 Year in Review

1st Place in Western Conference

1st Place in League Standings

MLS Cup Winners

The League

Standings - League | Conference

Past Positions - League | Conference

Fixtures - We had a great run in the league this year. The club was in a decent state when I arrived last year. It's main problem was in conceding so many goals. We've addressed that and now sit on top of the standings, winning the Supporter's Shield.

The Playoffs

MLS Cup Playoffs - We are the winners of the league title after an arduous run in the playoffs. It's all worth it!

200px-MajorLeagueSoccer.png

The Cups

Amway Canadian Championship - Oddly enough, Montreal in the final was easier than Edmonton in the semis.

Amway-Canadian-Championship.jpg

CONCACAF Champions League - We made it to the semi finals of the 2016-2017 Champions League but could get past out Mexican opponents. In this season's Champions League, were back into the quarter finals. We'll find out who we've drawn later in the month.

The Stats

Goals Scored: 75 (1st in league, +26 from last season)

Goals Conceded: 30 (1st in league, -21 from last season)

Average Attendance: 20,375 (4th in league, +34 from last season)

The Players

Squad | Transfers - We are an attacking force. There's still a bit of work to do on the defensive end though.

The Standout Players

Gary Mendoza - GK - Mendoza began as my backup goalkeeper. However, we did brilliantly in training and in the few matches I gave him. When my main keeper got injured, Mendoza stepped up and never let the top spot go. In 23 league starts, he managed only 13 goals against him and 14 clean sheets. He's rated at a current 2 stars, which has to be a mistake.

Carlos Ernesto Cisneros - M/AM R - I am constantly rejecting offers for Cisneros. He's an excellent crosser and has cut inside for his share of important goals this year.

Michael D'Oliveira - ST - The club's top goalscorer and second in the league. He is another young player who will become the face of the club.

The Backroom

Finances - Our finances were healthy, but facility upgrades have given us a fiscal year at a loss. Not too concerned.

Facilities - We have our training and youth facilities getting upgraded this winter.

Awards

USA Player of the Year - Michael D'Oliveira - 1st Place

USA Young Player of the Year - Michael D'Oliveira - 1st Place

Comeback Player of the Year - Evson - 2nd Place

MLS Golden Boot - Michael D'Oliveira - 2nd Place

MLS Goal of the Year - Tyrone Sharpe - 1st Place (my rookie's only goal of the season!)

MLS Coach of the Year - Cerud - 1st Place

MLS Best XI - Carlos Ernesto Cisneros (M R), Michael D'Oliveira (ST)

Fans' Player of the Year - Michael D'Oliveira

Plans for Next Season

We're planning for the Superdraft and the quarter final of the Champions League. I'm still expecting to fight to hold onto the MLS title as well. Our key players are locked into contracts. I will be looking for new DPs as Neill is retiring and Sessegnon is not the player he used to be.

I've been offered the job at CKSA Moscow, but have declined.

You played the semi finals twice :lol:

Seriously though congratulations... hope you stay and repeat!

Congrats on winning the MLS Cup but you may need to change some of the bold writing as it looks like you've played the Western Conference semi-final two times :D

Thanks! And fixed :D

2018 New Residency Academy Youth Players

Vancouver Whitecaps Residency

squadk.png

Four players have been added to the Residency club. My assistant manager has listed Kyle Anderson as the best of this year's new intake.

Kyle Anderson - D R - He's young and could grown into the role.

2018 Pre-Season

The Stats

Major League Soccer: Be competitive in the MLS

Amway Canadian Championship: Reach the Final

Cascadia Cup: Not regarded as important

CONCACAF Champions League: Reach the Quarter Final

Wage Budget: $9,881,165 (+$309,837 from last season)

Currently Spending: $6,618,061 (+$3,263,104 wage space available)

Salary Cap: $3,719,622 (+$154,918 from last season)

Spending minus Allowance: $3,341,312 ($378,310 cap space available)

Allocation Funds: $0 (-$578,821 from last season)

Kit Sponsorship: $3,556,834 (expires 2019)

Additional Kit Sponsorship: $100,000 (expires 2018)

Additional Kit Sponsorship: $102,000 (expires 2019)

Average Ticket Price: $39 (+$1 from last season)

Average Season Ticket Price: $685 (+16 from last season)

Season Ticket Holders: 17,010 (+921 from last season)

Estimated Value: $52M (+$5M from last season)

National Club Ranking in USA: 6th (+9 spots from last year)

Continental Club Ranking in North America: 34th (+2 spots from last year)

Initial Thoughts

I've already been busy in the off-season, signing a new DP player and securing a top level young centreback. I'll probably keep things to a minimum now until the Superdraft. I've also been given the opportunity to have a training camp, which I've never had before. We're heading to California for 10 days in January. The CONCACAF Champions League draw has occurred as well.

52416549.png

Definitely not a good draw. Monterrey is one of the most successful clubs ever in the Champions League. It's be a difficult set of matches.

Archived