Cheapest place for fm

eBay's got a Steam digital download currently at $7.50 us (I'd link but don't know if that's allowed around here.) and a "like new" for 10 pounds in Manchester (DVD). I actually ordered my first FM, '09, from someone in Ireland and it only cost me $15 with shipping.

I'd avoid buying from eBay unless the listing clearly states that the case is still shrink-wrapped as there are far too many Swiss Tony's trying to flog a product key that has already been used, if you buy one of those then there is nothing that eBay or SI can do to help recover your money.

I'd avoid buying from eBay unless the listing clearly states that the case is still shrink-wrapped as there are far too many Swiss Tony's trying to flog a product key that has already been used, if you buy one of those then there is nothing that eBay or SI can do to help recover your money.

I have bought the last three through Steam (on sale) because it's less hassle to install and there's no worries about authentication, but even when I bought the "like new" that had been played, I didn't have any problems authenticating with the product key (when I had to re-install after a disk crash) until SI shut down the authentication server for '09. I don't know how the disk-based/product key authentication works anymore.

At least with eBay and Paypal, you can dispute if the seller mis-represents the condition/useability of the product.

Buying used copies before FM12 would have been okay as SI used a disc-in-drive authentication system so it didn't matter is the product key had already been used to install via Steam, that option no longer exists so if the seller's description has the game listed as used or like new then chances the disc is worthless & the seller hasn't misrepresented the item.

Archived