Hannover - Some Tips Needed

Hello all,

After a couple of successful in-game attempts at clubs like Lokomotiv Moscow, where I outplayed everyone in the Russian Premier Division with ease using a Counter 4-2-3-1 and Rapid Bucharest, where it was, until the latest transfer update, very easy to win, I have started a game with a lot of potential particularly after improving my team at Hannover 96. The thing is, whilst I am getting decent results, in some of the games I play like the two Bundesliga draws and the UEFA cup games I am seeing a lack of incision from my team. Eduardo gets 5.5, 5.9 ratings in the last 3 games and doesn't even get a shot in, my starting wingers which were Huszti and Stindl barely play anything and always shoot form distance while the two wins I have against HJK and Motherwell came after 3 goals from Nicki and 2 from Ljajic, both from the bench. Any idea what I might be doing wrong or what I can do right for my attack to work? How about other tweaks you recommend? Please note that I have not been in control of any of the friendly matches, I left those to my assistant to enforce Tactics preparation. Also, I am using Hard training. When my assistant plays, he gets the team very wrong for some reason, like Abdellaoue in the right wing, Schlaudraff in the left and Andreasen as a CM. And somehow he wins 3-0.

Hannover_96_Matches_Schedule.jpg

Hannover_96_Report_Comparison.jpg

Hannover_96_Report_Comparison_2.jpg

Hannover_96_Report_Comparison_3.jpg

Hannover_96_Report_Comparison_4.jpg

Hannover_96_Tactics_Overview_9.jpg

Hannover_96_Tactics_Team.jpg

Basically, after seeing YET ANOTHER HOME DRAW WITH FURTH, i can honestly say nothing is working except posession. Every time there is an attacking play, Ljajic or Nicki cut inside and shoot miles wide, while Eduardo or Schlaudraff switches positions with them and gets very isolated in the wing. On top of that, everyone shoots from distance for some reason. All the time.

Hehe :D I read the first two threads already, will start on the last two. Thank you.

On another note, I have moved to 4-2-3-1 right before I started this thread as a test and it's working tons better, with the exception of Eduardo who still rarely, if ever, scores.

Also, how on earth do you ever beat Bayern? Pizzaro scored 4 times against me, and they are always all over the field.

Keep in mind I'm an amateur so don't follow this advice blindly. Keep possession, exploit the flanks because Ribery and Robben won't track back much (never ever hassle them, easy tackling) and pray to all Gods :lol:

Well at first glance, none of your midfielders move up the pitch at all, and your two wingers are focused on crossing from deep and not beating their man or getting into the box at all. So you basically only have one player who's even trying to score, it's no wonder goals aren't coming.

And they're shooting from distance because they're isolated and have no other options. This could be caused by a few things: a lack of forward runs from all the supporting and defensive players, your extremely high line cramping up the space for your attackers, etc.

Archived