4277432.jpg

4277430.jpg

4277434.jpg

4277427.jpg

4277436.jpg

4277426.jpg

4277429.jpg

4277433.jpg

A much improved though far from perfect section of the season there. We are playing a little better but there still seems to be one or two under performers which is why i've made early moves to bring the 3 transfers in so they have some time to adapt ready for the exodus next season. In Europe we did do well in both terms of performances and results so it's obviously a motivational thing with the under performers and I won't stand for it no matter how good they are :D

Spartak Moscow are the opposition in the next round of the CL, certainly a bit easier than the tie last year but still a tough one nonetheless.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jovani looks like a steal. How did you find him ?

My director of football found him and offered him a contract (I always get a scout to go over anyone he tries to get just to make sure) so I could have had him for free, the problem is he'd have joined at the end of March so whilst he'd have been eligible for the league as he'd have been a freebie he'd not have been able to play in the CL and for the sake of £20k I decided to get him so he could play in Europe because if Commper picked up an injury like he did round the Dortmund ties last year we'd have been weak in that position and I didn't want to risk that in a winnable tie.

5'3" (jumping 2), 5'5" (jumping 2) and 5'8" (jumping 7)?

Guess you won't be playing the ball in the air. :D

No chance :D Quite a few of my players are pretty poor in the air as it is so I do try and keep it short passing :D

BK_Skjold.png

Boldklubben Skjold February - March 2020

4284648.jpg

4284650.jpg

4284647.jpg

4284646.jpg

An almost perfect 2 months there. The players have seemed to pick up form since the season resumed and we've put some of our best performances of the season in in the games against Spartak (x2) Brondy, Celtic and Nordsjælland. The new players have settled in pretty well in the few games they've started so I have no fear about the changes that we will make in pre season, the only positions I expect us to end up slightly weaker in are center half, but I have Hockner who will move slightly back so it won't be too much of a difference and left wing as Banecivic is determined to go so i'll promote Naumovski to starter there which won't disrupt the side too much.

The Spartak games were brilliant performances, I felt this was a tie that could go either way but we dominated the 1st leg and after a sloppy start in the 2nd leg we regained advantage and progressed.

Celtic at Parkhead have just given us a really tough game and should have been 2-0 up at one stage so this tie is far from over. The league is a lot more comfortable now, beating Brondby all but wrote their chances off and bar København away the league fixtures aren't the hardest in the world. The one thing that may undo is the fact that if we beat Celtic we have another 2 European games and a 2 legged cup semi to fit in which will probably mean 3 games a week at some point.

Busk looks a handy player for the future, he can play in a number of positions which is always handy come any injury crisis. Overall bar one player a year i've been disappointed with my intakes, with the facilities now we should be looking at more than 1 every other year so i've sacked the HOYD just now and hopefully have a far better one about to sign.

Quick update. We went through to the semi after drawing 1-1 at home to Celtic in the 2nd leg to go through 3-2 on aggregate. Next up was the holders Barcelona.

4285735.jpg

How on earth it was only 1-0 to them after the first leg is still beyond me, they battered us like no team has before.

4285737.jpg

Don't let the possession fool you too much here, for the first 75 minutes of the tie we battered them, not quite in the way they did to us at the Camp Nou but if we had our shooting boots on we'd have gone through in 90 minutes. Christiansen broke his 500 minute goal duck at the perfect time as we broke from a Barca corner and he was left one on one with Ter Stegen and he cooly rounded him to slot home one of the biggest goals in our history.

The sending off certainly helped us in extra time as my players had put their all in to the game and were starting to struggle against Barca as they started to keep hold of the ball and create a few chances. The penalty shootout was a nightmare to watch. After both teams scored their first we went on to miss the next 2, with Barca scoring one and then missing one by Pedro. After that my players kept their composure and keeper Artur Golaszewski saved another one to keep us in the tie and then from Moritz Leitner to send us through to the final where we will yet again play FC Porto. As you can see below this is a far from poor Barca side with many big name players still at the club so to do this with this side is one of my greatest wins ever.

4285867.jpg

We rode our luck in the first leg obviously v Barca but we had good ties to make it to the semi in Spartak and Celtic. At the time I thought only getting 1 point from the last 2 group games (we was top before then) and finishing 2nd would be a disaster for us but it ended up working in our favour that's for sure. Porto will be a very tricky final, our games against them have been very close bar the 2-0 defeat to them earlier in the year, where in all honesty they ripped us apart that day. Even if we don't win it's an historic day for both the club and Danish football and we are certainly getting better.

BK_Skjold.png

Boldklubben Skjold April - May 2020

4287996.jpg

4287997.jpg

4287991.jpg

4287993.jpg

4288000.jpg

4287999.jpg

What an amazing end to the season as we cleaned the lot up. I spent the earlier part of the season moaning about a few players but they performed for me when it mattered and no matter what the future holds for them they did the club proud.

We had a difficult period of 2 finals in 2 days and credit should go to the reserve side I put out against Brondby in the Danish final, I expected to lose that but they also can be proud of the way they filled in whenever I rested a few bodies.

The Champions League final was one of the best I have ever won, to do it in our 3rd season of European football (and only 2nd in the CL) was remarkable going. As soon as we went 2-0 up (the first being a special 30 yard free kick from Landau) I felt it would be our day and even though Porto pulled one back I wasn't really worried as they didn't create anything like the standard of chance we did.

Rather than post a lot of links I have added the main players for the season inside this album for those who want to look at the squad. Click a photo and from there you should be able to move on to the next player.

CL, well done.

Cheers, it came earlier than I expected and partly down to an easier run but I could only beat what was put in front of me and we more than made up for that run in the semi and final itself in terms of the quality we played.

4291133.jpg

This was a tough choice to make, I worked so hard to make the club in to what it has become but ultimately when you have over £35M in the bank and the board only give you just over £5M to build and reject things like a new stadium then enough is enough. I feel I deserved better considering the chairman bought the club for £60k and the club is now worth £29M (483 times the amount he paid) through all my hard work. Not a penny of his money was put in after the takeover or did I ever get a decent budget to work with so now i've set out what I wanted to achieve there is no reason for me to put up with it any longer.

I'm debating which way this save should go next, I am tempted to keep a theme of bringing a previously unplayable club to glory (or at least a bottom division club) going, but also wouldn't mind a crack at the following clubs

St. Pauli

Hertha Berlin

FC Paris

FC Strasbourg

Grenoble Foot 38

Murcia

I'm going to have a think about what league/s to load up and will be back with my choice/s and hopefully a new club soon.

Shame that the Chairmen and Boards seem so stupid. You did amazing on the budge you had!

Serves myself right for wanting a takeover in the first place I guess :D I could deal with it just about before the CL win as that was the ultimate goal no matter what. I've just looked at my history and i've spent just over £3M on players but it actually works out at £650k spent if you count what I got back from the outgoings. I am rarely a big spender but to win the CL on that and get no help from the board is nothing short of a miracle.

Overachiever:D

In one way you could say we were :D we certainly should have been out of sight in that first game at Barca but the squad was showing great potential and I think we'd have probably done it within 2 years anyway with the new faces I had already brought in and the ones lined up to go alongside the home grown players (who all were willing to stay at the club).

Congratulations on winning the Champions League mate :) but it's a shame that your chairman has not backed you

Cheers mate, it got to the stage where I couldn't deal with the lack of funds any longer but as I said I stayed because I wanted to complete the challenge, thankfully I have done that.

Congrats on winning the Champions League,shame the chairman ruined everything for you.Hopefully you can land on your feet!
Bit easy that :D Look forward to seeing where you go next!

Cheers lads, I don't think you'll be disappointed with the choice of my next club as I mentioned I wanted to turn this in to a noisy neighbour challenge, there was a few other interesting jobs like Granada, Rayo Vallecano (which I wouldn't mind in the future) Stade De Reims and Betis but after winning every single Bundesliga from 2013 to 2020 I decided to take the hardest challenge of them all.

TSV 1860 München

4303127.png

4303128.jpg

4303129.jpg

4303130.jpg

4303132.jpg

I simply had to take this job, Bayern have had 8 successive titles and are without a doubt the top side in the country. I've always fancied an 1860 save anyway so this is probably the best time to take them on. The aim for this season is to simply get as high up the table as possible, 21 points with more than half the season gone means a top 3 place is out of the question but that isn't actually a bad thing as that gives me 6-7 months to work out who fits in my long term plans and try a few new tactics without too pressure.

We have 2 stand out players in the first team

4303209.jpg

4303211.jpg

Also these 2 talents in the youth team that may feature after Christmas

4303208.jpg

4303210.jpg

We need a defence first, we won the first game 5-3 but was never comfortable in it :D We're nearly £4M in debt and can only offer a few hundred pound in wages because we are £30k over budget as well, so it's either stick or sell 1 or 2, luckily there is a few in the high teens on wages so i'll look to sell them on.

Definitely a change of pace. You'll have this season to evaluate for next season's domination ;)

We've made a cracking start so far and pulled away from the relegation zone in to a clutter of teams with round about the same amount of points so whilst there's still some tough games to come a top 10 finish is certainly a possibility and would be a success for this year.

Wow, that didn't take long!

More luck of the draw in the groups and first 2 knockout rounds plus a very lucky narrow defeat against Barca in the 1st leg of the semi more than us actually being quite ready I feel :D Still if Liverpool can scab it like in 2005 in real life then it's certainly possible on FM :D

TSV 1860 München December 2020 - February 2021

4303127.png

4306107.jpg

4306108.jpg

Delighted by the start, we're scoring goals and the defence has tightened up in the main and obviously jumping up the league quite quickly. These were players averaging around 6.5 or less mostly when I took over so I wasn't too sure how to approach the tactical side of it. It was tempting to use the tactics that served me well at Skjold but to be honest I wanted to see if we could get out of trouble by going for teams and luckily this has worked from the word go (ignore any defeats in friendlies as I let my ass man do all that and didn't see a moment of any of them :D)

Anyway this is what I have come up with and it's rare i've not needed to tweak it in anyway

4306109.jpg

With the results we've got so far it does make me wonder what the previous manager was doing as this squad is certainly good enough to never have been in the bottom 3/4 even if it isn't good enough for promotion contention.

Best of luck at 1860,definitely should be a hard challenge to overthrow Bayern!

Cheers mate, this should be a good long spell because getting past them won't be easy, just realised we pay Bayern 45% of ticket sales which could be a killer so for the time being means i'm not going to be much better off short term than I was at Skjold but long term I think i'll get a chance to spend a bit of money. Anyone out of contract is going in the summer more than likely so I can build my own side, there's definitely a few good young players interested in joining on frees but we can't offer what they want (though it will be cheaper than those leaving).

4303127.png

TSV 1860 München March - May 2021

4313020.jpg

4313024.jpg

4313023.jpg

4313022.jpg

4313017.jpg

4313019.jpg

I'm delighted with how we turned it around since I taken over, lots of goals and chances made, a willing never to give up as shown in this game against Duisburg

4313018.jpg

and improved performances all around. I'm working on who I want to stay and who will leave now but obviously our budget will have a big part to play in that. I know the take over at Skjold didn't go to plan but I could really do with one here to get us back in to the black.

We had one talent come through the ranks

4313025.jpg

League rules means that players under 17 can't play so along with the ones already at the club i'll have to bide my time before they feature.

Damn look at that formation. That poor anchorman must be tired ? How many cards has he got ? What is his defensive stats(tacking,fouls etc per game) ?

It is a bit daring but Mhlongo has great stamina and he's rarely been tired towards the end of games and as you can see he doesn't pick up many cards so I have had no worries playing either him or the formation, especially as you can see the results have been going our way.

4313021.jpg

Very interesting move, gonna be a tough challenge. Good start to far.

It's not being helped by the fact Kapovic wants to leave and with him refusing to sign a new contract with a year left on it i've had to offer him out for £5M, i'll go as low as £4M and 20% of next fee otherwise I think i'll run his contract down as a keeper as good as him is invaluable. Other problems i've had is I couldn't renew contracts of players I wanted to keep at the tail end of last season so it may need some gelling and I still need some back up in the full back positions which hasn't been easy due to wage demands.

4303127.png

TSV 1860 München June - August 2021

4315680.jpg

4315685.jpg

4315689.jpg

Lorono

Lemoine

Gesualdo

Czerwinski

Bokal

Besson

Yatsenko

As you can see we have got off to a cracking start, goals are flowing through the team and we could be well in to the 20's in goals scored already with better finishing. With Kapovic sold I brought Besson straight in to the first team and he's been in good form so far, hopefully he'll turn in to as commanding a number 1 as Kapovic was. With the money from that fee it allowed me to bring Bokal and Yatsenko in who are both superb for their age (Bokal can't play yet but decided to make the move before somebody else came in for him).

With the summer dealings/cup win, £350k tv money for the cup game and season tickets we are £3M in the black now which gives us a big relief.

Promising start to your first full season in Munich.

Cheers mate. We've not been as free scoring since I turned it off for a while but we are still in the hunt which is all that matters, especially as we've had a few injuries.

nice start, is that youth talent also turkish. Since U-17 can't play in the league can you play them in your B-team ?

Yes, Yayla does have Turkish nationality though he was born in Germany. No indication of who he wants to play for as yet though.

Nice way to start the season :thup:

Cheers, I was a little worried all the changes would disrupt us but we've carried on more or less how we did from last season which is pleasing. Being in the black and under the wage limit is a big boost because I want to get next seasons signings in early if I get a good budget, i've got 3 players I certainly want that wouldn't cost the earth and would improve the squad straight away.

In other news after all these years of playing FM I have finally got a stadium named after me, typically though i'm not at the club when it's happened :D

4319010.jpg

Skjold are still dominating Denmark which is good to see but are falling short in Europe, the Superliga is now 10th in the rankings so my time in the country is still being built upon which is very pleasing.

4303127.png

TSV 1860 München September - December 2021

4319492.jpg

4319493.jpg

4319997.jpg

As I said earlier it hasn't quite been the free scoring side that kicked the season off but that is partly down to injuries and some unnecessary midweek fixtures when there was free non international weekends. The main thing is though we have played well enough still to keep in the promotion pack which already seems between the top 5 clubs.

One thing i've enjoyed is the way the goals have been spread throughout the team so far, granted it'd be nice to have a 25 goal plus striker but it's also good we aren't relying on a single player.

The cup game against Mainz was a bit of a shock, but gives me hope that with a few more improvements this side would have a chance of staying up if was to happen. The reward for winning that is a home tie against Hertha Berlin in March.

I'm hoping to add a face or 2 in January if the finances allow but i'm pretty sure I can see the season through if I don't, plus I have Demis Ickert and Basar Kurt eligible to play from March which will boost our attacking options no end as both have great finishing stats which will be invaluable if they hit the ground running.

4303127.png

TSV 1860 München January - March 2022

4325604.jpg

4325606.jpg

4325605.jpg

4325626.jpg

A bit of an odd spell if i'm honest, we are still mostly playing well but i've been frustrated that every time we have managed to overtake St. Pauli we go and throw it away within 2 weeks, i'm not sure why it keeps happening but it does and it is starting to wind me up a little. The cup semi was a brilliant performance but unfortunately we just couldn't get the equaliser but overall i'm proud of the way we played in the last 3 cup ties against top flight opposition and it gives me a lot of hope for next season which is the reason that I turned down a very tempting Bremen job.

Steffen Kaiser is another youngster from our rapidly growing production line, I have 3 teenagers signed for next season too so this is potentially a great young side i've got coming together now. A few improvements are still needed but i'm really looking forward to next year no matter what division we are in because I feel from next year it will be more or less my team rather than the one i've inherited.

4303127.png

TSV 1860 München April - June 2022

4325908.jpg

4325911.jpg

4325910.jpg

4325912.jpg

4325909.jpg

4325907.jpg

We just about edged St. Pauli to 1st place despite another period where we tried to throw it away, I think overall even though St. Pauli were top for large periods we deserved to win the division for the way we tried to win every game with good attacking football, at one point I thought we may have broke the 100 goal barrier but we had a spell mid season where the goals dried up a bit and ruined that opportunity.

I have a big decision to make on tactics for next season as we obviously tend to concede a lot, I am thinking of keeping the same instructions but dropping a striker in to midfield to make a 4-2-3-1

Congrats on winning the title!

Cheers mate, it was very close but glad to have managed it in the end, really looking forward to this season either here or somewhere else as a few tempting jobs have come up

4326513.jpg

4326531.jpg

It's amazing i've even been considered for this job and I seriously don't know what to do now :D

On one hand it's a great opportunity to manage a top club but on the other it's going against what I set out to do after leaving Skjold.

I have just brought in 6 players with another 2 to come to 1860, all bar the latest talent through the ranks are eligible to play this season also and i've been looking forward to getting them in the first team since the day I arrived at the club. Bayern obviously brings success quicker but if I can survive this season then 1860 could be on the verge of having a good side that with a few more faces could be challenging in a few years.

Really tough decision this :D

And to make things tougher i'm one of the favoured personnel at 1860 so would feel like i've betrayed them :D

Man its an easy decision stay. You have built a good team with youngsters that you are attached to. Continue to grow the club into a dominate force. It is more rewarding since you know it was you,who has brought them so far.

4303127.png

TSV 1860 München July - August 2022

4333539.jpg

4333545.jpg

4333546.jpg

Zaracho

Milagres

McDonagh

Guillou

Edgar

Bodin

Future Transfers

Johansson

Schwarze

It's a bit early to tell how well exactly we are going to do this season but as you can see there's a lot of new players come in over the summer plus Tevik Sari a talent in the squad when I joined but had gone unnoticed somehow :D, Kurt, Ickert and Bokal so it is almost a completely new side to the one that finished last season which means i'll have to be a little patient with them. Overall though I am happy with the players that have come in and i'll judge performances around Christmas time.

Are you looking to grow a club into domination or looking to dominate right away?
Man its an easy decision stay. You have built a good team with youngsters that you are attached to. Continue to grow the club into a dominate force. It is more rewarding since you know it was you,who has brought them so far.

Even though it's going to be a tough year as my early form shows I think i've done the right thing by turning that job, the Real, the Schalke and Stuggart jobs down. I had an idea of what I wanted to do after leaving Skjold and the chance to be teams that people don't usually be is the best way of keeping this thread interesting for me and those reading :cool:

Now to teach the boys in red a lesson.

We already have :D That's not saying we are doing particularly brilliant but after a bad start we've started picking a few points up now and with St. Pauli seeming doomed already there's only 1 relegation and a playoff spot to worry about.

4303127.png

TSV 1860 München September - December 2022

4336586.jpg

4336587.jpg

After a slow start we started to pick up thanks to the late winner against Bayern. St. Pauli look doomed to relegation so fortunately that is one less place we have to worry about. We haven't played badly in most games and maybe could have turned a few defeats in to draws with a bit more luck but i'm happy with our points tally so far and as our league position shows we are in a cluster of clubs who's seasons could go either way from here. As long as we finish 15th or above i'll count it as a successful season as this is a tough league where most teams can beat each other on their day. I could do with 1 or 2 more players in January just to boost numbers so hopefully I can get those in.

Archived