Dexter_Morgan

4303127.png

TSV 1860 München January - March 2023

4338587.jpg

4338590.jpg

Winter Transfers

4338589.jpg

4338588.jpg

A horrible spell, probably the worst of my career so far injuries didn't help but even so we were shocking in the period where we didn't win in 6 and the Bayern game was absolutely spineless from us and should have been 8, the 1 flatters us even as it was our only shot all game.

The only plus from that period is the teams beneath us haven't took advantage so things are still in our hands. One saving grace for the rest of the season is the fact after the Dortmund game there was a 23 day break which means injured players are now back and 4 of the last 7 games are against teams below us and the other 3 are actually winnable.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nice form. How are the finances ?

It was about £28M (top off my head) when the season ended but i've invested in youth and training facilities so it's more like £19M now which isn't bad at all. I only have one target for the summer as every other position is filled or already signed on bosmans, in fact I don't really don't need this other target now but i've been chasing him ever since the end of my first season so it's more of making a point of getting him :D

Shock relegation...based on the last table, I'm thinking Stuttgart?

Good guess :D We beat them at their place on the final day to put them in the playoff which they lost on penalties. I'll have to remember to look for bargains from them :D

4303127.png

TSV 1860 München April - June 2023

4344791.jpg

4344793.jpg

4344792.jpg

4344794.jpg

4344788.jpg

4344790.jpg

Much happier with the last few games, the St. Pauli game though a bit closer than it should have been seemed to set us off again and we played well in all the remaining games. The aim for this year was to simply survive which we did quite comfortably in the end, one good thing about Germany is the mid table teams are always very close together so any kind of run can see you jump quite a few places and though we wouldn't have deserved it we were only a few points off Europe in the end.

As it's a young team bar 3 or 4 players i'm going to give them this season to see how they go and not make any big changes like I did last year, hopefully we'll improve our points tally a little and if players aren't up to scratch then i'll move them on.

That form was quite shocking by your standard but good to see you improved.Let's hope you can avoid injuries in the future!

It was bad but a struggle now and then does you good I think, i've been so used to winning on this and the Eastern Europe save that i've forgotton what a proper bad run was and that spell just made me more determined to look at what I could improve and it's motivated me to do well with this club as even with the struggle i've enjoyed it a lot more than at Skjold for some reason (probably having a decent board plays a big part :D)

The spell after the winter break had me fearing for the worse, but luckily we had a decent run of winnable games from Hertha onwards which couldn't have come at a better time :D

The squad is more or less the same, 2 players in, 1 out and 1 promoted from the youth team, I think any more than that this would be stupid as this squad is settled and if you remember the start of last season it took the team 4-5 games to get going and I don't want to risk another bad start.

You've got some brilliant youngsters there, so the future's very bright indeed!

Done very well with Skjold too. Very much deserving of a stadium named after you considering you lifted the Champions League with them :thup:

4303127.png

TSV 1860 München July - August 2023

4365191.jpg

4361637.jpg

4361633.jpg

4361636.jpg

Not a busy period with only 1 league game and a handful of transfers but thought i'd get this in now rather than have an extra long post later.

Bilisik was signed in January as I felt the cover on the right wasn't good enough but with him and Zaracho fighting it out for that side it is very well covered now and either could start and make a contribution though long term I do think it will need improvement it is strong enough for now.

Ozdogan is the long standing target I mentioned earlier in the thread, his natural position is on the left but i've brought him in to play CM/DM as that side is well covered. I was going to bring him in anyway but Marsielle's offer for Mhlongo and money from previous transfer clauses that were cashed in on meant I could pay the release clause in one hit rather than part of it over 24 months and still have money left over if needed.

Every position now has at least 2 players who can cover injuries/suspensions without weakening us like last season. In a bid to try and cut out some of last years mistakes i've gone back to the 4-3-3/4-5-1 I used at Skjold, this is only a one season thing just to try and push us a couple of places up on last years league finish and hopefully the players will have developed enough to be able to handle the attacking style I used in Bundesliga 2 next year.

You've got some brilliant youngsters there, so the future's very bright indeed!

Done very well with Skjold too. Very much deserving of a stadium named after you considering you lifted the Champions League with them :thup:

Thanks, I always try and go with youth wherever possible when taking over a new club, obviously last year we struggled at times but if my philosophy pays off in the long term then I am more than happy to go a few seasons without making major waves. Another bonus playing the kids is it keeps the wage budget down for a few years while we try and establish ourselves in the division.

We have £20M in the bank after transfer dealings and facility upgrades which keeps us in a healthy position and that should improve quite a bit again this season with prize money from the league but with 45% of the gate going to Bayern we do have to be careful with spending as with a 30k average we really don't make too money during the time the season is being played. My big aim is try and and get away from the Allianz area in 5-10 years time so the club isn't relying on transfer fees and prize money to keep it afloat. One thing I try and do when taking over a new club is find out as much as possible about them and try and keep to the clubs plans/history and one thing I read was that in real life 1860 are planning a move away from the ground so it would be nice if I can achieve that before moving on.

Had a feeling it would be Stuttgart as well.

Considering they were the lowest out of the bigger clubs it probably wasn't too hard to guess but I genuinely thought they'd just do enough to stay out of it, with safety achieved I was considering putting a weakened side out for that game expecting a defeat no matter what anyway but then I seen the table and the chance to put one of the bigger clubs out of the picture for a bit changed my mind and I went for it and deservedly won :D

4303127.png

TSV 1860 München September - December 2023

4397278.jpg

4397279.jpg

We have been superb from September, don't count the bad spell in October because that isn't a true reflection on us, both first team keepers were out until just after the Bayern game and we suffered badly because of it otherwise i'm convinced we would have been 2nd. These things happen though and to be as high and practically safe already is really good going for us.

I am going to experiment with a pure 3-4-3 in the few friendlies coming up and see how that goes, i've got the players to do it though I may have to retrain the full backs as they are too good to lose but I have an urge to try something different now as we aren't scoring as many as I would like.

4303127.png

TSV 1860 München January - March 2024

4399362.jpg

4399364.jpg

4399363.jpg

4399361.jpg

Another brilliant section of the season as we look to close in on a European place which would be superb. The highlight of the season, probably even my time at the club has to be the drubbing we gave Bayern, it was superb from start to finish and should have scored more. We have a cup final against 2nd division Cottbus to look forward to also. They are having a strange season, beating Bayern and Wolfsburg in the cup but are in a real relegation battle so we do have to be really focused or they will punish us.

Out of the youth candidates we have 2 potential stars with Natale possibly being one of the greatest players of his generation (something I haven't seen so far on this FM)

4303127.png

TSV 1860 München April - June 2024

4406206.jpg

4406261.jpg

4406204.jpg

4406205.jpg

A superb season for us in the main, i'm convinced if it wasn't for the injuries at the same time to my keepers we'd have been 2nd by quite a distance but it obviously wasn't meant to be. The main thing is we have Champions league football to look forward to now which can only be a positive in my quest to to topple Bayern. As you can see my first major cup in Germany was a pretty straightforward game and we dominated from start to finish.

Goal scoring is a bit of a problem for me and something I will be seriously looking at if the goal tally doesn't improve this year. I think between the 4 strikers there was a total of 25 goals or so between them which is not good enough.

4303127.png

TSV 1860 München July - August 2024

4407996.jpg

4408000.jpg

4407998.jpg

4407999.jpg

4407995.jpg

Really happy so far with the move to 4-4-2, it's been surprising just how much of the ball we have with the formation (usually been 60% and above bar the super cup). Beating Bayern like we did was a joy to watch, granted it's not an important competition but it is always nice to get one over your rivals like that.

The champions League group couldn't have been any tougher really but a group like that may actually work in our favour if we play as well as we can do because the games between Real and AC Milan can certainly go either way and Fenerbache should be capable of pulling a shock result or 2 out. I'll see how it goes but at this moment I actually fancy us to get out of that group.

The 2 signings made were done back in January and are Bosmans, Crosa for a 19 year old is absolute class and would have been at the club a year earlier if I could have afforded the £10M Boca wanted.

With the other players developing well now I am looking forward to this season, I don't expect a championship win but I think we'll be closer to Bayern than 21 points this year. I would count another good cup run, top 3 finish and being in Europe after Christmas a good season and that is my minimum aim.

Good luck in the CL.

Cheers. Not had any playing time since Saturday afternoon, but i'm going in to the back to back Real games on 6 points so it's been a good start.

Congrats on winning the DFB-Pokal and what a stunning win over Bayern in the Super Cup.Hopefully you will be able to close the gap this season.

I honestly could believe what I was seeing in that first half :D incredible performance.

Yikes...that's an ominous Champions League group. Hopefully, you can grab some points off them.

As i've just said to deltablue, maximum points from the opening games which included winning 2-0 at Milan.

Great work to qualify for Europe and that win over Bayern is incredible. Hopefully a sign of things to come this season!

A bit more tactical last season going back to the Skjode tactics to ensure we were nowhere near relegation, but i'm being a bit braver this year and it seems to be paying off.

What a brilliant season! Time to become Bayern's very noisy neighbours now :D

Cheers mate :) That has to be the aim, if not this year then by next year we should be able to mount a challenge on their titles. I want to get this club as healthy as possible and try and get them to a position where they have their own stadium before I count this job as an overtaking one. Skjode once we got that first title was a pretty easy rivalry with København to overcome because we were the top team in the country after winning the CL and was winning titles by a distance (Brondby have taken over now though after winning the last 2 titles there)

4303127.png

TSV 1860 München September - December 2024

4433067.jpg

4433066.jpg

4433069.jpg

4433065.jpg

4433064.jpg

Really pleased with the start to the season, it took a few games to get going as we seemed to drop points in a few stupid games but we got that out of system and have rose up the table since.

Beating Real and AC in the CL was a great pair of achievements, I did say earlier that I fancied us to be able to compete against them and we more than proved it. Zenit in the knockout is obviously a potential banana skin but the draw could have been a lot worse for us and almost certainly will in the quarters if we get through.

4303127.png

TSV 1860 München January - March 2025

4434949.jpg

4434959.jpg

Transfer In

4434956.jpg

Youth Intake

Ceroni

Misztal

Okoye

Oller

Sogut

Still in the hunt on all fronts at this stage is something I am delighted about, we have dropped a few daft points from time to time including the Schalke game which we were leading comfortably and threw it away in the last 10 minutes, but on the whole i'm pleased with how we are doing.

Real Madrid are our opponents in the quarter final and we go in to the 2nd leg with what I still consider a dangerous score

4434950.jpg

4303127.png

TSV 1860 München April 2025

4435829.jpg

4435834.jpg

I don't really like doing a single month update but with so much happening I thought it was best to make an exception.

4435832.jpg

We pretty much soaked up all the pressure by Real after they scored the opener but they couldn't get themselves level in the tie. We got an equaliser on the night to leave Real needing at least 2 goals in 12 minutes to force extra time. They did pull another goal back but held on well and deservedly won the tie.

That left us with a semi final against holders Man City which I thought would certainly be the end of our campaign.

4435825.jpg

An even 1st leg in Manchester though after taking the lead through Bodin and not really looking overly threatened by City's attackers when they did get a chance, I thought we'd hold on for a narrow win. In the end though I would say a draw there was a fair result and it actually left me thinking we had a chance of getting through.

4435826.jpg

Probably the best performance of the season followed in the 2nd leg. We kept the ball superbly and what has at times this season been a suspect defence (quite often down to individual errors) put on an heroic performance to reduce City to very few half chances let alone a real chance. Goals late in each half made sure we wouldn't have to rely on the away goal to get us through and now we look forward to an historic final against Atletico Madrid who beat Barca 6-4 on aggregate in the other semi final.

In the cup we beat 2nd division Frankfurt comfortably to set us up for a 2nd cup final in a row against another 2nd division team in St. Pauli for what at the time looked like our main chance of picking up a trophy this season.

The Bundesliga is extremely tight as the table shows.

Remaining games

1860 München

4435830.jpg

Borussia Dortmund

4435827.jpg

Bayern München

4435822.jpg

Even though Bayern have the least points out of the 3 of us they have the easier run in in both the fact they have 2 games of the 3 remaining games at home and in terms of the opposition they have to play, this is going to be a very tough one to call and if we mess up anywhere then Bayern and Dortmund have a goal difference that would be extremely difficult to turn around, I actually wish I hadn't took the game at Ingolstadt lightly now by playing reserves as that could end up being the difference.

No matter what happens in these last few games though it is obvious we are very close to becoming a really good side and it is only a matter of time before we win the title. I have both a right winger and goalkeeper lined up for next season that I feel will be the missing pieces in the long term jigsaw if the funds allow for it.

4303127.png

TSV 1860 München May 2025

Bundesliga 1.

Going in to the final day of the season it was still any 1 of 3 with a chance of winning the title as we all won our games.

4437167.jpg

4437172.jpg

I actually thought with the way the Hannover game was going we were going to be the 1st side to slip up but fortunately 2 goals in the last 15 minutes after relentless pressure after trailing to a 3rd minute goal in that game meant we were still top going in to the final game against already relegated Kaiser****ern.

4437168.jpg

The early goal by Kurt settled us straight down and he added to the tally later on in the game to seal what was the clubs 1st title win since 1966 without needing to worry about what was going on elsewhere.

4437179.jpg

Though we didn't actually top the table until the 29th game of the season I think we deserved the title win. We scored more goals (though only just) than Bayern and Dortmund and lost less games than them. I am not sure how they played for the majority of the season other than the fact that they were both picking up points but in the games we played against both clubs neither did anything in the games to suggest that they were any better than us.

Champions League

4437169.jpg

I don't think anyone could complain about our victory in this game, the only shock is that it took us until virtually the last kick of the 120 minutes to take the lead and it would have been a big injustice if they had scored the penalty saved by Salazar to win the trophy. I must admit when things like that go against you late in a game you dominate you fear the worst (I certainly did) but he has actually had a good penalty saving record this season (including 2 in the same game at the Santiago Bernabéu in the CL group stage earlier in the season) It's mad to think that come August it'll be very unlikely he will be my 1st choice between the sticks.

German Cup Final

4437171.jpg

I'm not sure what was going in our defenders heads in this game. It was the strongest team available yet still ended up closer than it should have been. As the stats show we gave them 3 chances and they took them, bar that we were in complete control of the game. Justice was done I feel though when Ickert popped up with the winner to complete a season nobody would have expected at the start.

4437180.jpg

Miscellaneous

4437178.jpg

4437177.jpg

Vidales

Kurt

Johansson

Ickert

Crosa

4437173.jpg

End Of Season Thoughts

Firstly I have to say what an incredible performance level throughout the season by the players to achieve what they did. It wasn't easy but improving the way we did on last year takes some doing. This time last year we had trailed Bayern by 21 points which was a massive gap. Obviously the total points gained by the top 3 were less than their title win but it still took some doing to over take them. As you have seen by the screenshots i've posted of some of our games this year this title wasn't by luck, it was by outplaying teams which is another thing I am proud about. I believe one big factor in the season was the signing of Crosa. He has been immense for us and to have got him for free was superb. Alongside him though you have seen ever since the word go that I have been bringing in youngsters on frees/cheap/developed by the club and have been patient with them in the hope that this day would come and it is superb that my faith in those players has paid off.

Usually at this point i'd resign and look for the next challenge but I still think i'm 2 players short of what I want and if I can sign these 2 then I think our performances will be even better next season. Another factor in my decision to stay is 1 title is easy, but in a league where it's only the 2nd time Bayern haven't won it I want to leave this club as well equipped as possible to dominate not just Germany but Europe whilst I build the next club I go to and if I leave now there is a good chance this squad will be broken almost immediately.

I accept that when I do go some will move on but as you have seen from screenshots of youth intakes I have had there are 2 batches of new players to come in. The first lot will be at the start of the 2026/27 season and then there's a big possibility that 4 or 5 more will break through the year after and I want to make sure that at the very least the 2026 batch are ready to come in for the next manager.

The final thing i'd ideally like to see as i've said before is that the club has it's own stadium to move in to. The option is there to ask now but with only a 43k average last season I doubt the board would have accepted had I asked so I will wait and see how season ticket sales go before I make the 1st attempt.

Brilliant season Dexter_Morgan! A quintuple doesn't come all that often :applause:

Thanks mate. I didn't even expect the title this year. I did think we were going to be a lot closer but it was this upcoming one I had thought we'd be there or there abouts. I feel the CL was deserved in terms of performances in it but ideally I would have liked to have done it after winning a league, but it's done and it was a real rush to win it so late in the game. The cup was obviously a lot easier, I have no fear of putting a reserve side in most games there because there isn't a big difference between the players. At the very least I want 1 more title before I move on and whilst I already have my next destination in terms of the city in mind (and it is going to be an even tougher place to break I feel) I have enjoyed the time here so much and watching these players develop I am in no rush to leave this club behind. In fact my aim is to get a 2nd stadium named after me :D

1860 :cool:.

I think it makes a good change to see them become a good side in this section, I like a lot of German sides for different reasons but you rarely see a less fancied side like 1860, Hertha or St. Pauli taken over who all have great potential so i'm happy to have broke that trend :cool:

4303127.png

TSV 1860 München June - August 2025

4452859.jpg

4446713.jpg

4446711.jpg

4446715.jpg

4446712.jpg

4446710.jpg

I'm pretty happy with everything that has gone on in the summer. Perifanopoulos was my main target and you can see why, I am not one to spend that much money and he is my most expensive signing on any FM13 save but good goalkeepers seem hard to find and I thought for once i'd splash out. He has been at Hertha for the past 2 seasons so is used to the country which means any bedding in problems should be minimal and he was a low risk signing for the money. I recouped all of that money anyway when Valencia put a bid in for right winger Zaracho which I felt was too good to turn down. He was in the final year of his contract and was asking for £80k a week which I felt was excessive for a player not even in the top 10 at the club and at 25 years old no potential to improve so it wasn't really a hard choice to make to let him go. The rest of the outs were youth/reserve players that had no chance of getting in to the team so let them go to help cover the wage bill of all the players wanting a new contract.

The Super cup against St. Pauli was closer than it should have been again but to be fair there was an under 21 tournament being played at the time so a few starters were missing.

Against Napoli we pretty much dominated and deservedly ran out 3-1 winners to add to our growing trophy haul.

The CL group i'm pretty happy with, they are still tricky ties but on paper easier than last years group.

That was a brilliant season,well played to win all that :D
Wow, fantastic doing the league/CL double with 1860.
Congrats, amazing stuff to win 4 trophies! Can add a few new ones next season too.

Cheers lads, it was very close in the league but i'm chuffed we held our nerve.

Your new goalkeeper looks great! And only 23 years old too, not bad.

Looking at him I am really surprised he wasn't snapped up sooner by someone, he's had 2 years in Germany to establish himself and he's always impressed when we have played against Hertha. Missing out on him when he was playing in Australia winds me up as I allowed my chief scout to set assignments and only just noticed this year out of 20 scouts he's got a fair few scouting in the same regions missing out on the likes of Asia, bits of Africa and Oceania so had to waste a bit of time leveling everything out :mad:

Just caught up - sorry it's taken so long! Excellent career so far Dexter, but can you loan me some of your youth candidates for my Prestatyn team? :)

Cheers :D I have about 9 that aren't old enough to play for me that i'd happily loan out to you if I could :D

Blimey, you don't hang around, do you? :D

Well done, just the Club World Cup to go, and you've won the lot!

Thanks mate. That has to be the aim now along with retaining the title, anything after is a bonus.

4303127.png

TSV 1860 München September - December 2025

4498272.jpg

4498268.jpg

4498275.jpg

4498263.jpg

4498274.jpg

4498270.jpg

These have been an odd few months, I think the league we have played nowhere near as well as last season but in the other competitions when it has mattered we've been superb. Beating Cruz Azul by that score was a shock, but was delightful to see a bit of care taken with our finishing for a change, same with the Corinthians game.

As should be the case for a keeper costing as much as Perifanopoulos did it has made a massive difference, in fact the whole back 4 has improved considerably this year which is one positive from our league form. Bayern are going to be the team to challenge our title this year, they were by far and away the best team we've played all season and it should have been more that we lost by. I think even with the 2 games in hand it is still going to be as close as last year (which is a good thing)

4303127.png

TSV 1860 München January - March 2026

4525745.jpg

4525746.jpg

Very happy with the last few months, we've managed to get a couple of points clear and have generally been playing well. I was slightly concerned that we conceded a late goal against Dortmund that took the tie in to extra time but it was a reserve team I put out so I can't be too critical.

In the Champions league we have put in 3 great performances in the knockout stages so far, i've had 1 or 2 key players banned in each tie but those that have stepped in haven't let the side down and to win at Real at the 3rd attempt was a great moment and the tie would have been all over already if we had have had our shooting boots on.

4303127.png

TSV 1860 München April - June 2026

4526585.jpg

4526589.jpg

4526581.jpg

4526587.jpg

4526588.jpg

4526586.jpg

4526583.jpg

4526582.jpg

4526580.jpg

4526584.jpg

A strange end to the season in my honest opinion, I think there was only 2 games I actually enjoyed watching it just felt like we were doing enough to win rather than play in the way I know that the team can play. I know you may think that sounds a little spoilt but there was just something not quite right with it all and I feel i'd rather be honest and say I wasn't overly impressed with performances rather than going the over way and let the trophies hide over some cracks. It's kind of hard to explain what my problems with the team are, the strikers all frustrate me with chances missed, the wide players seem to be inconstant too and every game without fail I had to sub one or the other CM in that period because they were scoring less than a 7 average, sometimes it ended up being both. It wasn't any tweak in the tactic so even I can't put a finger on it.

On to the positives. Everyone who played in the back 5 were superb and I had no reservations about rotating any of them and they were integral parts of the team. Obviously to finish the season with all but 1 trophy available is something else I can look back on and be happy about. Finishing ahead of Bayern in the league for the 2nd year in a row shows that the tide has been turned, as does the fact that in the space of 2 attempts 1860 have more CL's to their name than Bayern have managed since the beginning of the save :D

I don't know where to go from here now for a few reasons, 1 is that last part of the season just seemed to be going through the motions and the 2nd is that I think after leaving Skjold I loaded far too many leagues and the game is going too slow considering it is only 2026 compared to the previous career where it was still relatively quick even 10 years further down the line. I'm going to have a serious think over the next hour or so because I do have a few ideas that I could either do within this save or may be better starting from afresh with not so many leagues loaded.

Cheers mate :thup: That is where it ends for now though, it was taking too long to get through the days so i've decided that though I am not completely done with the save (I really do want to carry on with the idea of making a teams less illustrious neighbour the bigger club) it'll have to wait for the time being. My next challenge will be revealed soon :eek:

Archived