Quality Free Transfer Signing!

Managed to get Sergio Busquets on a free transfer for my Man u team! couldn't believe Barca let him slip away. They also lost Victor Valdes on a free. Don't know whats going on at the Nou Camp.

Anyway this got me thinking whats the best free transfer you have ever had? I remember managing to get Frank Ribery on a free on FM10. Apart from that can't think of any others (apart frm mr Busquets of course).

Anyone fancy sharing?

The first thing everybody should be doing in FM13 come the winter transfer window is trying to sign Llorente. Dude is class.

Other than him, I think the highest profile names I've signed were Alexis Sanchez (2016) and Paul Pogba (2014).

I always end up with some big free transfers during each game but the two big ones that spring to mind are,

FM 10: Yohann Gourcuff on a free from Bordeaux and he was pretty much the last piece in the jigsaw, won the Champions League the season he joined.

FM 11: Javier Pastore, again was the final piece in the jigsaw and my team became world beaters.

Haven't personally but people have had Messi and co on a free at later stages.. i.e age 32, 33

Best I've had in terms of impact was a 34yr old Christian Eriksen at my Wrexham side in the championship.. world class stats still and didn't command a huge wage either, pretty much single handedly propelled me from 14th to 2nd in the latter half of my struggling season.

Jari Litmanen is 41 but has amazing stats! I'd be tempted to buy him if I was managing a lower league team.

I signed him at Fleetwood in league two. Played him at trequartista behind Jon Parkin and Steven Gillespie. In the first season he was P:23, G:7, A:8, rating 7:14 The stats don't really show how I played though, I played a long ball game to Parkin who assisted for Gillespie. In league one Litmanen was P:21 G:3,A:5, rating 7:04. Quality player.

I've still got him in the championship, he's 43, and he's only came off the bench twice. Unfortunately he's been replaced by Davide Petrucci :(

Iniesta (32) & Hulk (29/30) Iniesta has had a couple of injuries but has been good and creates a lot of clear goalscoring opportunities & Hulk has scored 16 in 21 games from the right wing with bale doing better than that on the left #dreamteam

In FM12 I got Plymouth promoted to the Prem and frankly we weren't really good enough lacking quality in all positions. We were saved by managing to get a 34 year old Jermain Defoe on a free who proceeded to score something like 10 goals in his first 15 games and ended up approx a goal every two games for the season, single handedly keeping me up.

Archived