When will the woodwork & injury bugs get fixed?

The woodwork is getting hit an average of 3x per game and getting an average of 5-6 players out at all times with usually serious injuries. This seems slightly excessive and I am presuming it will still be fixed, just wondering if there was a time frame for the bug fixes.

(before the flamers flame... this is over 6 seasons worth in 3 different leagues. Players who have very low injury proneness still getting injuries all the time, way more often than they should in any case.)

The woodwork is getting hit an average of 3x per game and getting an average of 5-6 players out at all times with usually serious injuries. This seems slightly excessive and I am presuming it will still be fixed, just wondering if there was a time frame for the bug fixes.

(before the flamers flame... this is over 6 seasons worth in 3 different leagues. Players who have very low injury proneness still getting injuries all the time, way more often than they should in any case.)

There is no injury bug as far they are concerned, SI have made this point repeatedly. If you think there is upload all said evidence to the bug thread.

And there are no planned fixes. You already know this as you created a thread asking about this 3 weeks ago

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/350905-Are-SI-still-working-on-new-patches?p=8643795#post8643795

There is no injury bug as far they are concerned, SI have made this point repeatedly. If you think there is upload all said evidence to the bug thread.

And there are no planned fixes. You already know this as you created a thread asking about this 3 weeks ago

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/350905-Are-SI-still-working-on-new-patches?p=8643795#post8643795

I was told there would still be bug fixes if necessary, but no more changes to the ME. (there is a difference)

I was told there would still be bug fixes if necessary, but no more changes to the ME. (there is a difference)

Well the injury "bug" isnt considered to be a bug, and anything to do with hitting the woodwork would come under ME adjustments.

So I wouldn't really be expecting anything in future.

I very much doubt they will do anything to 'fix' injuries as the vast majority aren't having problems with them. If you say you are getting too many i'm not going to tell you you're wrong but i don't get that many so if they lowered the likeliness of injuries happening i'd get none at all.

I don't think there is an injury bug. Injuries suck but the amount I've seen have been pretty reasonable. If you look at the injury lists for major leagues IRL, there are lots of teams with 5-6 players injured at a time.

I agree that there are too many shots hitting woodwork but I don't think that SI sees it as a large or obvious enough bug to release a fix before FM14.

I very much doubt they will do anything to 'fix' injuries as the vast majority aren't having problems with them. If you say you are getting too many i'm not going to tell you you're wrong but i don't get that many so if they lowered the likeliness of injuries happening i'd get none at all.

Ok guess that's just a weird problem I am having. I have games with Ajax, Dortmund, Bayern, Manchester Utd and Real Madrid going and in all my teams lots of injuries, throughout the season. If I'm the only one experiencing this though then I guess it's just my bad luck.

Ok guess that's just a weird problem I am having. I have games with Ajax, Dortmund, Bayern, Manchester Utd and Real Madrid going and in all my teams lots of injuries, throughout the season. If I'm the only one experiencing this though then I guess it's just my bad luck.

Remember thousands of people are playing the game and most will probably experience an average amount of injuries. Law of averages says however that with this many people playing there will always be some that experience above and below the average injury counts.

I'm not sure there is an issue with the numbers, but perhaps with the modelling. Although I say this about the modelling/severity with purely anecdotal evidence.

I'm not sure there is an issue with the numbers, but perhaps with the modelling. Although I say this about the modelling/severity with purely anecdotal evidence.

Although i don't have an issue with the amount of injuries i do agree that maybe in match injuries should be reduced and training ground injuries should be raised but i think it should even out to the same amount overall

I think it is a pretty fair assessment. The numbers are pretty correct overall - but in my oppinion it's the actually injury that causes problems. For example, in my most recent game (no need to dwell on older saves ;)) but in the first half year of a season I had 3 broken legs, a broken foot, a couple of broken wrists and a broken colar bone. Now, I had played football, myself, for over 30 years and only once did I experience a fellow breaking his leg in all those years - and it was during training, never forgot that incident. How many broken legs are current in the EPL currently? I remember a player broke a leg in Stoke a couple of years ago - but I don't think it is happening as much as that experience.

Bad luck, one might say, so it could be a one-off - but in this same save and the next season after, I have around 15 (+-) players out on loan - 6 of them are out with torn halmstrings and have 2 in my current squad. I noticed that the match report said that the player went off injured after a colliding with a player - but after the match it said it was due to a sprint after the ball...

• Administrators

No plans for any future updates for FM13.

In regards to the injuries, I'd agree that perhaps to an extent the type of injuries isn't quite perfect and that's something which would require a rather huge overhaul of the entire system, which won't happen now for FM13 but could happen for a future version. However the problem with injuries is there's so much unpredictability in it in regards to the type and length in real life it's very difficult to replicate this realistically in the game. There is also an issue regarding news and the match engine linking up with certain injuries - that's a separate bug and one we're aware of.

In terms of the actual injury numbers compared to real life data from the last half a dozen seasons, it pretty much replicates it, so in quantity at least, there is no issue.

Thanks for taking the time to bring this up, but as said it has been discussed a lot in the past and there will be no future updates for this version of FM.

I think most of us will agree that the number of injuries is fine, but the amount of torn hamstrings, torn muscles and broken legs, that take out players for months is a bit too high...

I've had several youth players with really high potential who all had 2/3 torn hamstrings before they even got to their twenties and they were all ruined. From 4.5 stars they dropped down to 3 and they're just regular dead wood at the moment.

5-6 injuries at a time? this is pretty low.

to put it into perspective, IRL liverpool have 8 first team injuries(Flanagan, kelly, Joe Allen, Borini and Raheem Sterling, with Yesil, Pelosi, Brad Smith all being included in 1st team squads several times this season), of which 5 are long term. this isnt counting other shorter injuries which have at times pushed this to 9 players out at once from the first team squad.

also worth taking into consideration that liverpool are considered to be light on the amount of injuries they have had this season tells you everything you should know. there are also another 5 players injured just from the under 21's/under 18's.

I know, Neil. I was just being mischievous. But thank you for highlighting the post, if you'll pardon the pun. It seems to be a linear thing where the more shots you create, the more hit the woodwork. I believe it mainly stops 5 goals being 8 or 9 goals, rather than change the result of tightly contested matches.

personally, and maybe it's just that I delight in self-persecution, I think shots off the post and the rare wave of unnecessary injuries are a learning opportunity in the pursuit of roster management. Of course, I play a lot of lower league football and team fitness and finishing ability probably factor into those "difficulties". I had 3 strikers out with injuries, one on call-up and one out for a "professional foul", and had to field a 4-6-0 tactic with a CB playing ML. Somehow won 2-0.

Archived