The Ultimate Group of Death

So I decided to start a Man City save just for kicks and giggles. Champions League groups get drawn and City are seeded 2nd. I'm looking at the 1 seeds, kind of hoping for Porto or AC Milan's group. No such luck, I'm drawn in Barca's group. That's ok though, I can work with that. Celtic, Spartak Moscow, and Anderlecht are all 3 seeds. Anyone of those would be great. Again, the draw conspires against me and I get Juventus. It's gonna be pretty hard to get through this group. A really good team is going to the Europa League. Now the 4th seeds are up, Salzburg, Nordsjaelland, Cluj, and Zilina (Slovakia champs) are there. But no, I draw Borussia Dortmund. That's right, Group E consists of Barca, Man City, Juve, and Dortmund. Seriously?! This is going to be fun, and probably a bit frustrating.

At least you won't have to play on of those teams in the First Knockout Round if you go through :D. Plus, it could have been worse, Real Madrid instead of Barcelona would have technically made it the group of 4 champions, much like the draw City got this year IIRC.

4 epic European nights at home

You mean 3 :o

As Gladbach in the first season I won through to the group stage and all was looking good before I drew Man City, Barcelona and PSG... As I'm currently underperforming in the league I didn't appreciate the draw at all to be honest, and although I have so far managed 2 points from 3 games I don't believe that I will be leading my Gladbach boys into even the Europa League :(

May not be a group of death due to having one perceived weak team in it, but I certainly swore when I watched the draw.

had similar groups. I remember in FM12 getting Blackpool to europa and getting Ac Milan AND Dortmund in my group for that... I surived the group.

never had any problems with those sides in FM13 either., I found a fair few of my champions league draws do this to me, not quite as bad as that but a few decent sides.

Archived