Dubious Selection

Just noticed a peculiar occurrence when making a team selection. Asking my assistant to pick my Anzhi team for me resulted in him placing Willian, an attacking midfielder, in the position of DM. on the other hand, he placed Illarrammendi, a DM, in to an attacking midfielder spot.

What makes the AI decide which players to pick? It seems to pick the same players, regardless of position, role or formation, and place them in to awkward positions on the field.

Just noticed a peculiar occurrence when making a team selection. Asking my assistant to pick my Anzhi team for me resulted in him placing Willian, an attacking midfielder, in the position of DM. on the other hand, he placed Illarrammendi, a DM, in to an attacking midfielder spot.

What makes the AI decide which players to pick? It seems to pick the same players, regardless of position, role or formation, and place them in to awkward positions on the field.

And if you leave them there, you keep getting in-game comments from the assman that "so and so is playing out of his natural position..." Really? You TOLD me to play him there.

I have a young DM who the assman keeps placing as a CM (and mind you, he plays well from that position by my observation), but the whole game I'm being told to move him. If it was FM-C at least he'd be learning another position, but in regular FM he needs training to play it.

It is odd. My Assistant places Jack Collison and Robert Hall in the left midfield and right midfield spots even though I have them on RWB Often and yet leaves out Matt Jarvis, Nathan Dyer and Adam Johnson!! The other oddity is when I play two up and have one striker instructed to hold up ball etc he will place the quicker yet weaker striker in the HUB slot and the big lump in the whippet's role!!

Archived