Please take a look at this team and this tactic and explain to me how I concede in the 94'th minute every game, how i have 5 post-hits every game, how I lose to Anji after a goalkeeper mistake in the first leg and how they beat me at home 9 games out of 10 every time.

Vitesse_Report_Comparison.png

Vitesse_Tactics_Overview.png

Vitesse_Tactics_Team.png

Oh. Simulated the game with my Assistant in charge and we win 4-0, same tactic, same team.

Lost to PSV next, to be expected. Played Herenveen at home, scored for 2-1 in the 92'nd minute. 94'th minute, mistake in my OWN BOX by a defender who, for some reason, decided to dribble, 2-2.

Why don't you try to change the tactic around 80-th minute if you concede late often? I always change my shape to extremely defensive setup if I'm winning with 1 goal margin (1-0,2-1 etc.) and my team plays bad or I'm playing a better opposition. Here's a screenshot of my team instructions when I do that. Note: You shouldn't do this too early, I always try to change it around 80th minute and usually it's changed around 83-84.

Mind my Fluid style, though changing to Rigid or Very Rigid doesn't change much, I would suggest you use that. From the picture you can see I have 8 people who defend 5 + 3 but their are also capable of defending (Tackling, Marking, Positioning etc.).

The most important things you need to consider are:

- Have a Contain Strategy with Short passing (if you have a good side with good players) or Direct (if you have a weaker side).

- Closing Down should be Default or Less because you need to keep shape. Same goes to Tackling.

- You need Man Marking. It's more effective than Zonal Marking when defending a result.

- No Creative Freedom, no Roaming etc.

- You need a few players capable of holding the ball (CM defend or Target Man etc.)

- If you have WBR/WBL/AM/AMR/AML, change them to FBR/FBL/MC/MR/ML respectively. You don't need players higher up the pitch.

- You need 8 or 9 "defenders". Those are the players in defense and midfield (FB,SW,DC,DM,MC). Only one ST is enough.

In the screenshot you can see I have a 1-4-3-2 formation but I have this formation because I lack wingers. If you have wide players then it's better to play a 4-1-4-1 formation or 1-4-4-1 formation if you have a Sweeper. 5-4-1 it's not bad as well. You can experiment plus you can choose the formation according to your players.

I haven't conceded until now playing this way.

TILoQq7.jpg

Conversely if you are conceding whilst being ultra defensive then perhaps you are inviting too much pressure and you could do with controlling the game a bit more.

Archived