FM 12: Squad Rules and Match Squad Rules getting mixed up.

CMdan44

2012 was my favourite game so I still play it a lot but I've noticed a problem with some of my edited Nation Rules. I had rules set in some leagues so that the squad for the season must have at least 15 homegrown (from nation) players, at least 4 homegrown (from club) players and at least 7 U22 players (unlimited squad sixe). These rules worked fine for the season's squad but were also applied to the matchday squads which made selection uber-restrictive and meant that even a small injury crisis could leave you with an empty bench to try and meet the rules and even then you might struggle. Why did this happen? Is there a known fix? And yes, I did check that the rules had been placed in the right fields in the editor. In fact, I removed them all and put them back again just to be sure. The next new game I started worked fine but then I came to start another new one recently and the problem occured again. Obviously I could just do the same again - remove and reapply all the rules but having to do that every time I start a game (I run lots of different saves so there's always something different going on) is going to be a right pain in the backside, especially as I applied these rules to most of the leagues in the world to give a more uniform rule set across the globe, so I'd have to go through every nation rules file and change every league in each one every time I start a game. Obviously I could just do that but if there's a known fix for the issue that would make things much better for me.

Archived