Who's that? Oh, that new guy...

Shevchenko

2247_zpsd087cf14.png

Yuriy Protsiuk's Career - November 2022 - Hertha Berlin SC

1. Bundesliga

qj4k.jpg

evhz.jpg

Players are getting back from injuries and now I have more ways for rotation. A very good month as well!

1.FSV Mainz 05. Not the easiest of games. A very boring first half with no chances at all but we scored two in three minutes to knock Mainz down and held on to the win even after conceding a consolation later on.

VfL Wolfsburg. A very even game but we really should have won it as most of our shots were on target. Hakki scored in the first half but we conceded early in the second half to deny us a win.

SV Werder Bremen. Werder were looking awful and we used their poor morale to destroy them. 62% posession, 14 shots, 4 fantastic goals and a great confidence boost.

VfB Stuttgart. Another great game from my boys, we were once again in full control but this time we just couldn't beat their goalie. Unlucky.

Hamburg SV. A fantastic away win, Escudero is getting some game time after his injury, van der Post scored his first for the club as well. Hamburg still have my ex-striker Anderson in the first team. He scored 1 in 15 games...

Champions League

fo1f.jpg

jrkc.jpg

We actually have a chance to get to the Knockout Round! CSKA Moscow destroyed us but we scraped a hard fought win against Benfica after falling behind. Everything will be decided in the away game against current Champions League winners Marseille!

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2247_zpsd087cf14.png

Yuriy Protsiuk's Career - December 2022 - Hertha Berlin SC

1. Bundesliga

4p8.jpg

4c51.jpg

The first half of the season is over. Not bad, don't you think?

Hannover 96. A good win but with what effort! Three players got injured, lucky two of them got only knocks...

TSV 1860 Münich. The fixture conjestion is going bananas this month... Very lucky that Hakki is on fire this season! A poor result but some players were tired after the cup game.

Champions League

34h7.jpg

y8gb.jpg

We needed only a win to go through and a draw was a very creditable outcome. Marseille were all over us and had 10 times more shots than us. We are in the Europa League where we are going to face a solid Russian team - Rubin Kazan.

DFB-Pokal

zv54.jpg

So unlucky... I decided to go for the win and give some rotation players a rest for the league game against 1860 Münich. I really wanna forget this game... It all "started" on the 90+4th minute when Schalke were awarded a penalty which was saved by my goalie. Straight after that we went into extra-time. The two periods were remembered by Schmitt's red card on the 118th minute and an injury to Diego Viegas straight on the 120th minute. We finished the game with a saved penalty, a red card, nine men and tired as hell. We eventually lost 3-1 on penalties. This game was played on Thursday. We had to play the league game on Saturday... I was angry not to lose the game on the 90+4th minute!

2247_zpsd087cf14.png

Yuriy Protsiuk's Career - January 2023 - Hertha Berlin SC

1. Bundesliga

8ou8.jpg

8ygu.jpg

I'd say we were unlucky this month...

FC Schalke 04. We should have got a revenge for the cup loss but... 15 shots to 8 in our favour, but they hit us on the break to deny even a draw. A bad day at the office.

Bayer 04 Leverkusen. A more even game than the Schalke one and a draw was fair. We came back from behind as injury prone Bargfrede netted a beautiful goal off the post, his first of the season.

1.FC Kaiserslautern. A pretty much easy win as Escudero hit a brace and Lefrancois adding one more. Finally, a comfy win against a struggling team!

Shame about the group stage exit in the Champions League,hopefully you can have a good run in the Europa League.Doing well in the league,hope you can finish in the top three to gain a Champions League spot.

2247_zpsd087cf14.png

Yuriy Protsiuk's Career - February 2023 - Hertha Berlin SC

1. Bundesliga

t4r1.jpg

nxbv.jpg

Now that was a great month overall and we finally got one over Bayern!

TSG 1899 Hoffenheim. Harder than I would have liked. Hoffe had just a bit more shots but we were more clinical. 5 yellow cards for my boys just showed how hard it was for us to grab that win.

Fortuna Düsseldorf. Everything went to plan as we destroyed Fortuna. Hakki is on fire!

FC Bayern Münich. What a match!!! We were 2-0 down before the break as Domenichioni scored a brace. My players were mostly awful in defence and not creating chances. Something happened diring the break... My boosting team talk and probably Guardiola's poor team talk at the other end (yes, funny, Guardiola is their manager, appointed at the start of this season) turned the game around! We managed to score three goals in the space of just six (!!!) minutes as Bayern slipped to a shocking 3-2 loss!

Europa League

b8ot.jpg

Didn't see this coming! The away game was very even but Rubin were shocking in defence as we smashed them 4-1. It was all decided so I played some rotation players in the home game as we were held to a 2-2 draw. The next opponent will be Tottenham!

Shame about the group stage exit in the Champions League,hopefully you can have a good run in the Europa League.Doing well in the league,hope you can finish in the top three to gain a Champions League spot.
So much for getting through the Champions League.

I knew it would be almost impossible to qualify from the group, my boys are not good enough just yet. The run in Europe is still fantastic, the Bundesliga is also promising. If we stay injury free - we might just qualify for CL again.

flagx.jpg

Yuriy Protsiuk's Career - March 2023 - Ukraine

blm9.jpg

hp8s.jpg

1o1i.jpg

earq.jpg

Some international games this time and we are struggling a bit to find our form.

The Czechs are currently 2nd in the World Standings! This was a real test for my boys, the opposition have some world class regens! We battled to a deserved 3-1 win and in good morale before the Serbia game.

And it all went to pieces... We were not good at all and a draw was not fair for Serbia. Lucky we have to play most of the bigger teams at home, this qualification campaign is not going our way...

2247_zpsd087cf14.png

Yuriy Protsiuk's Career - March 2023 - Hertha Berlin SC

1. Bundesliga

mdlt.jpg

k4st.jpg

A very dissapointing month as we couldn't find a win.

1.FC Köln. All over them, most of the posession, massive ammount of shots, they were a man down for almost 20 minutes but... Just couldn't break them down.

Borussia Dortmund. Very unlucky. The only goal was conceded from a header on 32 minutes but we should have equalized in the second half. Dissapointed.

Borussia Mönchengladbach. A boring game with little chances to score, 5 yellow cards and two injuries. Not the best time to slip in the league but we have that one game in hand.

Europa League

ykn7.jpg

We tried our best but Tottenham were too good for us. My boys looked really good in the away game but couldn't finish some great chances. We were 3-0 down at home but pulled two goals back so the eventual scoreline was not so miserable.

2247_zpsd087cf14.png

Yuriy Protsiuk's Career - April 2023 - Hertha Berlin SC

1. Bundesliga

1ko4.jpg

5yk4.jpg

Approaching the end of the season. Can we grab that 3rd place?

1.FSV Mainz 05. Still looking for a win and this game was crazy. We went ahead early in the game but promising midfielder Ilmeddin Yorük got a red card on 73 minutes and it all went to pieces. Mainz were all over us for the last 15 minutes and even Contain football didn't help as we conceded a few seconds before the final whistle...

SC Freiburg. Finally, the much needed win! It was hard but my players tried their best and eventually three points were in the bag.

VfL Wolfsburg. A great win as some key players were left on the bench this time. A brace from Escudero and a great free kick from Jungwirth ensured three points at the end of the day.

SV Werder Bremen. A dissapointing play from my team. Werder were dominating from start to finish, they had a massive 16 shots to our 2. Still, we managed to steal a very lucky draw thanks to a penalty. 1 point is better than none, right?

Hamburg SV. Our opponents put in a great fight and the win wasn't easy at all. These are the moments when I thank youngster Hakki for his talent, his brace was key at the start of the second half and Hamburg were struggling to get into the game from then on.

VfB Stuttgart. Stuttgart were so unlucky not to smash us... Another poor defending from my boys. 17 shots to 5 in favour of our opponents but at least we scored two and the final result wasn't so dissapointing.

2247_zpsd087cf14.png

Yuriy Protsiuk's Career - May 2023 - Hertha Berlin SC

1. Bundesliga

590g.jpg

43sc.jpg

The season is over. 3rd place and Champions League football achieved!

Hannover 96. A very even game despite the scoreline. We conceded a goal in the first minute and struggled to find our play until scoring the first goal. Hannover didn't stand a chance against Hakki today as his hat-trick destroyed them. The second half showed a good display from Hannover but it was too late for them.

TSV 1860 Münich. A poor way to end the season. Yes, I fielded some rotation players but still we were awful in defence. Lucky Schalke lost too.

flagx.jpg

Yuriy Protsiuk's Career - June 2023 - Ukraine

ptml.jpg

9e7p.jpg

qjwr.jpg

b8r2.jpg

A friendly and an official game this time.

Mayotte are a non-FIFA nation and I was just curious of their level. Not bad but we should have scored more.

Lithuania played quite well and we had to fight for the win. Pushkutsa scored the only goal of the game by hitting a powerful shot low into the net.

2247_zpsd087cf14.png

Season Review - 2022/23 - Hertha Berlin SC

1.Bundesliga

Board Expectations - Europa League spot (achieved - 3th)

Fixtures 1 - Fixtures 2 - League Positions Graph

7aoa.jpg

A very good season and we achieved 3rd place once again. Some players were dissapointing but I can't complain about this season, it could have been much worse.

DFB-Pokal

Board Expectations - Quarter Final (failed - Third Round)

Second year in a row we slip up in the Third Round to Schalke. Must do better next season, the prize money is worth it.

Champions League

Board Expectations - Reach Group Stage (achieved - 3rd in group stage)

After beating Galatasaray we went into the Group stages. The draw was not pleasing at all with the likes of defending champions Marseille to play against. We did well and finished third, so it was some Europa League football to come.

Europa League

Board Expectations - Second Knockout Round (achieved - Second Knockout Round)

A very entertaining encounter against Rubin was followed by a loss from a strong Tottenham side. We did quite well and I can't complain.

Squad

Most of my players did well. Although some youngsters that came from the youth setup aren't quite ready which is a shame. Ilmeddin Yorük is not consistent and Eric Mbiyavanga is injury prone. But my star players played some fantastic football and I am especially happy with the display from Hakki, Lefrancois and Gerling.

Transfers

Only one player came in during the winter transfer window - a very talented goalkeeper - Sercan Göçkün.

I have also arranged a shocking future transfer, more info on it during pre-season.

Finances

You have to love Germany for prize money!

Awards

Best XI

Overall Best XI

Fritz-Walter-Medaille U19

Elf des Jahres

Torschützenkönig

Topscorer - 30 (Hakki Uçar)

Most Assists - 20 (Jonathan Lefrancois)

Highest Average Rating - 7.74 (Christoph Gerling)

Fans Player of the Year - Christoph Gerling

Best Players

Erwan Jezequel - not the best season for him but still did well. 39 apps, 43 goals conceded, 12 clean sheets, a rating of 7.11.

Custodio Miguel da Silva Fernandes - a rock as leftback once again. Played more defensive football this year so no goals but 1 assist and 2 PoMs with a rating of 7.28 in 35 apps.

Christoph Gerling - once again he's been my most solid performer. He is a monster! If only he could stay injury free... 30 apps in all competitions, 14 (!!!) goals, 5 assists, 8 (!!!) PoMs and a rating of 7.74! Brilliant stats for a Ball Winning Midfielder!

Jonathan Lefrancois - probably his best season at the club. He is finally producing the goods. 41 apps, 6 goals, 20 assists (2nd best in the league with 14), 3 PoMs, a rating of 7.34.

Hakki Uçar - I can finally say that I helped Hakki become a beastly Poacher. He has been a key striker for the team and his performance has been brilliant. 41 apps, 30 goals (best striker in the league with 25 goals), 4 assists, 7 PoMs, a rating of 7.53. A fantastic player!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| Season | Team | League | Country | League Position | Notes |
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| 2012/13 | Torhout 1992 KM | Derde Klasse A | Belgium | 5th | - |
| 2013/14 | Torhout 1992 KM | Derde Klasse A | Belgium | 8th | Resigned 30.06.2014 |
| 2014/15 | S.S. Chieti Calcio | 2a Divisione Girone B | Italy | 3rd | Promoted through playoffs |
| 2015/16 | S.S. Chieti Calcio | 1a Divisione Girone B | Italy | 5th | Lost in playoffs |
| 2016/17 | S.S. Chieti Calcio | 1a Divisione Girone B | Italy | 1st | Champions, Super Cup winners |
| 2017/18 | S.S. Chieti Calcio | Serie B | Italy | 10th | Resigned 30.06.2018 |
| 2018/19 | Hertha Berlin SC | 1. Bundesliga | Germany | 14th | - |
| 2019/20 | Hertha Berlin SC | 1. Bundesliga | Germany | 5th | - |
| 2020/21 | Hertha Berlin SC | 1. Bundesliga | Germany | 7th | - |
| 2021/22 | Hertha Berlin SC | 1. Bundesliga | Germany | 3rd | - |
| 2022/23 | Hertha Berlin SC | 1. Bundesliga | Germany | 3rd | - |
[/Code]

[/center]

My ex-clubs - how are they doing?

Torhout 1992 KM. They actually saved the season. The club was really struggling to find the winning form and was fighting against the playouts for most of the season. They managed to jump from 11th to 6th in the last 7 games so it can be a morale boost for the team.

S.S. Chieti Calcio. Dissapointed. They should have done much better... Everyone didn't play well, especially the strikers. Their top goalscorer netted only 7 goals! Hopefully some money from co-ownerships will help bring good players to the team.

| Season | Team | League | Country | League Position | Notes |
| 2014/15 | Torhout 1992 KM | Derde Klasse B | Belgium | 7th | Lost 4-0 in Playoff Qrt.F. |
| 2015/16 | Torhout 1992 KM | Derde Klasse B | Belgium | 13th | |
| 2016/17 | Torhout 1992 KM | Derde Klasse B | Belgium | 13th | |
| 2017/18 | Torhout 1992 KM | Derde Klasse B | Belgium | 15th | |
| 2018/19 | Torhout 1992 KM | Derde Klasse B | Belgium | 11th | |
| 2019/20 | Torhout 1992 KM | Derde Klasse B | Belgium | 4th | Lost on pen. in Playoff Qrt.F. |
| 2020/21 | Torhout 1992 KM | Derde Klasse B | Belgium | 7th | |
| 2021/22 | Torhout 1992 KM | Derde Klasse B | Belgium | 10th | |
| 2022/23 | Torhout 1992 KM | Derde Klasse B | Belgium | 6th | |
| 2018/19 | S.S. Chieti Calcio | Serie B | Italy | 12th | |
| 2019/20 | S.S. Chieti Calcio | Serie B | Italy | 14th | |
| 2020/21 | S.S. Chieti Calcio | Serie B | Italy | 8th | |
| 2021/22 | S.S. Chieti Calcio | Serie B | Italy | 5th | Lost 4-3 in Playoff Semis |
| 2022/23 | S.S. Chieti Calcio | Serie B | Italy | 11th | |
[/Code]

[/center]

2247_zpsd087cf14.png

Season Preview - 2023/24 - Hertha Berlin SC

Board Expectations (My Expectations):

1.Bundesliga: Europa League spot (Would love to get a top-3 place but top-5 is more realistic).

DFB-Pokal: Semi-Final (Wanna go as far as I can but we have to rely on the draw).

Champions League: Group Stage (Try to qualify from the group).

Budgets:

Transfer: €41,764,403

Wage: €736,783 (Currently spending €458,311)

Balance: €86,321,416

2247_zpsd087cf14.png

Season Preview - 2023/2024 - Hertha Berlin SC

Transfers In - Transfers Out

As usual, some players left the club when their contract expired. Lennart Thy and Fanol Perdedaj wanted a new challenge so I let them go, they served us well. Nicklas Winter, Kosta Weil and Tobias Herzog failed to become first team regulars and were also sold but only one of those transfers brought home some cash. Daniel Schulz-Winge was signed last season on a free when he was released, this boy still needs development and I decided to let him on loan and maybe then sell him. Markus Jungwirth has not played good enough for me and his development was dissapointing. I have enough players on his position so off he went. And finally, the shocking transfer - talented Philippe Bargfrede went to Barcelona for 27.5m cash immediately + 20% from next sale. The only reason I sold him was his injury proneness, I was sick of it... Some of this money was used respectively on the transfer market.

Let's look at the newcomers:

Koffi Camara - DC - a fantastic young defender for only 700k! Hopefully he'll have a big future here at the club!

Giannis Skondras - DR/WBR/DM - a good backup and hopefully a good tutor as well.

Samuel Traore - MC/AMC - only 2m for a great player who should replace Bargfrede!

Ulises Davila - AMC/ST - a good backup and a tutor as well.

Olexandr Panchenko - ST/AMR - should also be a good backup, I know what he's capable of.

Darko Setinov - ST/AMR/AML - our big spending, payed 5m for him. He is a great player, a great tutor for my young talent Astrit Tafaj and should do well when needed.

2247_zpsd087cf14.png

Yuriy Protsiuk's Career - August 2023 - Hertha Berlin SC

1.Bundesliga

oofo.jpg

ih3z.jpg

We start off the new campaign against Schalke.

FC Schalke 04. Should have won it! We conceded early on after a bad defensive error but looked the better team throughout the game. Yes, Schalke also had some chances but we hit the woodwork twice! Gerling scored a penalty but we just couldn't get a goal past their keeper...

DFB-Pokal

km3r.jpg

The game was a couple of days before the CL match so I fielded some rotation and backup players. New signing Panchenko scored a hat-trick on his debut as we cruised past Bochum.

Champions League

p2fu.jpg

Well-well! Deja vu! It's Galatasaray once again! We should have destroyed them at home at least by three goals but couldn't finish our chances. We went 2-0 up in the away game but Galatasaray played some great football in the second half to level things. A late winner finished them off and we are into the Group Stage.

Well done qualifying for the Champions League again. Tough opponents in Arsenal and Roma though.

Yes, gonna be tough, probably 3rd place again but we will see.

You need to overthrow bayern hopefully it is done this season

I need to but surely not this season, i need to strengthen my defence, my young players aren't superstars.

I remember it taking about 5 seasons before I got my first win over Bayern last year with RB Leipzig - they are a nightmare. Also, is this Dyballa's year?

Dyballa is a first team regular now. Due to fixture conjestion he played only in three games out five so far and looks solid. Currently trying to tutor him and boost his OTB skill as he is on DLP support. My HoYD (JPA20/JPP19) says he's a 3.5 star now and a 4.5 star potential so not much in the development.

flagx.jpg

Yuriy Protsiuk's Career - September 2023 - Ukraine

7zle.jpg

e44x.jpg

z6u.jpg

iaf4.jpg

Two games, two wins, first place. Serbia are unstoppable upfront...

It was a very hard game against Greece and both teams looked even. The home ground was the eventual game changer as we managed to push for a goal and my goalie saved a penalty. Three very valuable points.

Luxembourg should have been thrashed by at least 6 goals but... 3 posts, some shots were missed by a whisker... Not a great day at the office for my boys but at least two goals went in.

Archived