Signing a player

Good afternoon everyone,

Slightly confused, im trying to sign a few players on the free as there contracts ends in 6 months. But it wont let me, there is no option to "sign" player, only to make a bid.

Is there something im missing, im in year 2016 (2nd Jan) and Gareth bale hasn't signed any contracts or had any offers and his contract ends on the 1st June 2016. I can sign some others (which I have).

Any help/advise would be appreciated.

just so I don't clutter things up with a related question, my scouts point me towards a couple strikers listed as free transfers (both on Scottish Premier League B teams), they show up as having -0- value, I approach to sign the players, we agree on a contract, and then next day I get a message that the transfer can't go through because I don't have sufficient transfer funds. I look at their profiles, and one's now showing an asking price of $250K, the other an asking price of $175K. Since this wasn't the deal I agreed to (and I only have $65K in transfer funds), I cancel the deals. Next day, there's news that each player has signed a new contract with their clubs, and then another news item that they had both left their clubs. When I click on their profile to then make a bid, now they say they don't wish to have any discussions with me. Is this sort of contract behavior normal, or were they just teasing me to get a better contract, and then immediately leave their clubs?

just so I don't clutter things up with a related question, my scouts point me towards a couple strikers listed as free transfers (both on Scottish Premier League B teams), they show up as having -0- value, I approach to sign the players, we agree on a contract, and then next day I get a message that the transfer can't go through because I don't have sufficient transfer funds. I look at their profiles, and one's now showing an asking price of $250K, the other an asking price of $175K. Since this wasn't the deal I agreed to (and I only have $65K in transfer funds), I cancel the deals. Next day, there's news that each player has signed a new contract with their clubs, and then another news item that they had both left their clubs. When I click on their profile to then make a bid, now they say they don't wish to have any discussions with me. Is this sort of contract behavior normal, or were they just teasing me to get a better contract, and then immediately leave their clubs?

If you are approaching to sign them and not bidding nothing and getting it accepted, then it must be the compensation you will have to pay to take them before their contracts end, no idea why they dont want to speak to you

Archived