[WIP] A Tribute to Fergie

psycho1970

Most Apealling Database  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Most Apealling Database

• 26 Teams - 2 leagues
    • Best of the Fergie Era
    • All 1986-2013 players on a free

For the last half an hour I've been thinking about how to go about a Manchester Utd Database that pays tribute to Fergie and his players and I'd like your input and help.

My first idea is to re-create the 26 squads that Fergie has had since 1986 splitting them into 2 leagues, which would be a massive task and would require help making the teams.

My Second Idea is to make one or two teams with the best or most favourite players of his time.

And my last idea is to create all the players that played for him at Utd(if their not in FM13 already) and free transfer them so people can choose their own favourite's (another massive task that will require help)

So above is a poll to let you decide which is more appealing, and if there are people that would like to help out making players for option 1 or 3 then let me know now (I have a way to allow others to edit databases without them clashing)

Until the type of database is decided please refrain from listing players you would like in the team/s.

The first is my favourite idea, although I'm not sure how you'd go about dealing with players being in more than one squad. Duplicating players for each squad would lead to a database with 15 or more Ryan Giggses running around, for example.

The first is my favourite idea, although I'm not sure how you'd go about dealing with players being in more than one squad. Duplicating players for each squad would lead to a database with 15 or more Ryan Giggses running around, for example.

Collectively known as the Hairy Bunch :D

The way I see it the 26 squad 2 leagues database would be only a 1/2 season database but it would be good to see which squad is better. Getting the attributes right for each squad would be tricky but with help on that and the editing side a Beta version could be ready for FM13 with the final Version ultimately for FM14 (if SI Games don't make radical changes to the editor).

what about something like this http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/55625/t1696457-bennymcs-man-united-historical-challenge/

Idea one but with less teams.

I loved Bennymc's Database, but unfortunately he hasn't made one for FM13. The idea of having 26 teams in 2 leagues stems from his Db but as I've mentioned would require help building and it would be good to hear from anyone that would be willing to help out if one of the 2 bigger databases are chosen.

There allready is a Man Utd database for FM11 or FM12, if I recall correctly. The maker of it has made 18 or 20 teams that all play in the same division and have Man Utd legend squads.

Yours would be a bit like that, although you wouldn't use Man Utd all time legends of course, but are using Fergies teams.

I have voted for the free transfer option.

It would be great to have a team with Schmeichel and Van der Sar, Cantona, Keane, Van Nistelrooy, Van Persie, Rooney, Cristiano Ronaldo, Scholes, Beckham, the Neville brothers and Giggs. :)

There allready is a Man Utd database for FM11 or FM12, if I recall correctly. The maker of it has made 18 or 20 teams that all play in the same division and have Man Utd legend squads.

Yours would be a bit like that, although you wouldn't use Man Utd all time legends of course, but are using Fergies teams.

I have voted for the free transfer option.

It would be great to have a team with Schmeichel and Van der Sar, Cantona, Keane, Van Nistelrooy, Van Persie, Rooney, Cristiano Ronaldo, Scholes, Beckham, the Neville brothers and Giggs. :)

Beenymc's Manchester Historical Challenge Database, One of the Truly great databases for football manager. He made it for FM10, FM11 and FM12 but unfortunately hasn't done one for FM13 (not that I'm aware of anyway). I think it only contained 8-10 teams that were based in the British Virgin Islands. See Post 4 for a Link to the FM12 Version.

The Results are in and it was a very close decision

[TABLE=width: 500]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]FM Base

[/TD]

[TD]SI Games

[/TD]

[TD]Totals

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]26 Teams - 2 leagues

[/TD]

[TD]15

[/TD]

[TD]15

[/TD]

[TD]30

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Best of the Fergie Era

[/TD]

[TD]9

[/TD]

[TD]9

[/TD]

[TD]18

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]All 1986-2013 players on a free

[/TD]

[TD]21[/TD]

[TD]8

[/TD]

[TD]29

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Total Votes

[/TD]

[TD]45[/TD]

[TD]32

[/TD]

[TD]77

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

So as you can see from the table above the first option takes it by 1 vote.

Thanks to everyone who voted.

Due to it being the biggest option I'll be looking for some serious help in not only making the DB but also research (especially staff roles) and advice on attributes, so if you've got a nit of spare time either post here or PM me with your preferred role and experience with the editor.

Really looking forward to making this and hoping to here from some of you soon.

Archived