[FM13] Following the Good, The Bad and the Ugly.

Bucksie438

This is my first career challenge. So please be gentle.

After being undisputed Sheffield Wednesday legend, the undefeated Luton champion, and even a short spell with Wales on previous saves, I thought this will need to different.

So here goes. The rules are simple. I will take the first job offered in Finland and must complete at least 3 seasons with one club regardless of success.

If I am sacked within 3 years, the "timer" is reset. My overall goal is to be able to get out of Finland and on to the next country then the timer starts again. I cannot leave a country until I have served at least 3 years at a single club.

In order will be Finland, Norway, Denmark, Holland, France, Germany, Belgium and finally finish my career in England. (Hopefully) 8 country's a minimum of 3 years per home, 24 years. My manager will be called Nemo Saquarium. He will be Australian, and starting the game 33 years young. Random player experience and no favourite team.

The maximum time allowed a any one club will be 10 years, or to have won every trophy possible with one club, I must apply to move on.

I will be starting unemployed and the game starts Jan 13, so here it goes. I will try and post screenshots but my laptop isn't the greatest a handling multiple tasks.

First club in Finland is AC Oulu.

Transfer budget of £869

Wage budget of £2551 per week.

Expectations are to achieve respectable position in the first division and to be competitive in the Finnish Cup.

I have about 53 days before my first league game, so trimming the wage bill to improve some key areas will be my second task, my first task will be to change my back room staff.

Looking at the squad, it isn't too bad, a few too many but plenty of depth.

There is one player that really stands out, and is the highest valued player worth £45k. His wage is an eye boggling £240 per week. His contract runs out in November, so I might have a problem keeping hold of him. Unless the board offer me more money.

Ok, I never really noticed nor did I pay any attention to league rules before, so a brief rundown on the Finnish First division

Season runs 28.4.2013 to 5.10.2013

27 games, 10 teams, play each other 3 times.

The Finnish first division is ranked 121 and AC Oulu have fared ok in previous years. Runner up in 2006, winner 2009 and the last promotion was as third placed team in 2011. The board expect me to be mid table. I want to win the league and gain promotion. But with no money for wages, or to buy players in, this might be bordering mission impossible.

There have been contract offers made to 5 unattached players, And Jari Litmanen has agreed to join on £130 pw. His bonuses might cause some financials headaches. At 41 he may not stay into a second season. So hopefully other will sign and help bolster the defence as we are week in the area.

I will update once season has got under way.

Ok, the season hadnt quite started, but after getting hammered 3-0 in the third round of the Cup, i though it was time to save and quit.

Can you tell what happened next. Yep, thats right, Save unable as the game crashed to desktop. So will have to start all over again......

After playing 6 friendlies, drew 4 lost 2 a had the cup game, lost that as well. Needed to take a break, and then the crash.

So will try again soon.

Welcome to the forums Bucksie438! With only 27 matches in a season, the pressure will on to perform each game. I've never played in Finland. Are there many squad restrictions?

Welcome to the forums Bucksie438! With only 27 matches in a season, the pressure will on to perform each game. I've never played in Finland. Are there many squad restrictions?

Not really, the usual match rules apply within matches, such as 7 subs 3 used, the match squad can only 3 non eu players, trial it's not allowed etc.

Loanees must end in a valid transfer window.

My main issue is that I have no money for players, or wages spare to get players or staff with. And also trying to get players good enough is equally tough as the club isn't big enough (reputation)

Good news is that my save worked and I managed to load the game with no problems. So will update more later.

Latest odds 5-1 for winning the division, and been told mid table is more than likely for me.

Still cant work out how to get my saved screenshots from Steam, to be able to upload to here. Any help offered, i would be grateful.

Archived