Békéscsaba 1912 Előre SE - A Youth Project Challenge

SRL88

Bekescsaba-Elore_zpseb6bae19.png

SRL88's Career - August 2017 - Békéscsaba 1912 Elore SE

Nemzeti Bajnokság I

BeacutekeacutescsabaiEl1510reFC_FixturesSchedule_zps4c03e93b.png

OTPBankLiga_OverviewStages_zps8c5ceb7b.png

A very solid month as we got our season off and running. We started the month with a solid draw on the road. We were given a tough game and had to come from a goal down. We did level just after the half hour mark through Bela Gyomber (YP5). The rest of the game saw chances for both sides, but nothing clear cut as the game fizzle out into a draw. We got our first win of the season with a brilliant performance against Pecs. We took the lead in the first half and added a second from the penalty spot just after the break. We absolutely battered them but just couldn't add a third. They pulled one back very late on to give us a late scare, but we saw the game out comfortably. A poor performance followed away to Eger, but we were disappointed to concede very late on after handling all the pressure throughout the game. We grabbed a very important win, and our first on the road this season away to MTK with an excellent display. A brilliant strike from the edge of the area gave us a first half lead before Adam Viczian (YP1) scored his first league goal of the season, and 50th for the club to seal the win.

UEFA Europa League Third Qualifying Round & Play-Off Round

BeacutekeacutescsabaiEl1510reFC_FixturesSchedule-2_zps920514ef.png

Four wonderful performances as we book our place in the group stages of the Europa League.

We were fortunate to draw Ekranas and took full advantage of that. We didn't even have to be at our best to get past them. They were an average side. The first leg saw us take the lead inside one minute. We went in at the break a goal up but it didn't take us long to add a second. Bela Gyomber (YP5) added a third for us to make things even more comfortable before Ekranas pulled one back late on. The second leg was really straight forward. We had numerous chances to take the lead but we just plodded through the game. I made a lot of changes which probably didn't help, but it was one of those getting a chance who scored the only goal of the game as Andras Bubori (YP21) scored with five minutes remaining.

Two fantastic performance against Slovan Bratislava saw us book our place in the group stage. We should have been out of sight in the first leg as we were battered. We took an early lead but it only took ten minutes for them to level things up. They were fantastic on the night but our defence held firm to give us a fighting chance ahead of the second leg. A stunning performance in Slovakia shocked me more than anyone. Both sides had chances in the first half but they had the much better ones as we got through to half time level. Just before the hour mark though we stunned them against the run of play as we took a shock lead. Our next two goals came on the counter. As they pushed forward heavily in desperate search of a goal we broke and scored twice with two fantastic finishes from Andras Dlusztus (YP4) and Adam Viczian (YP1) respectively.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

europa-league_zpsf8caec41.jpg

Group Stage Draw

UEFAEuropaLeague_OverviewStages_zps17687bca.png

I think the word is ouch!!

Our first adventure into this stage of the competition and it couldn't really be much tougher. This is something we will obviously have to get used to in order to compete at this level regularly.

We will enjoy it nonetheless.

I told you'd make it! :applause:

Having navigated through the 6 games to get to this stage I have to say it is my best achievement with the club so far.

At least your players will face the ultimate test now...

A cold midweek game against Stoke...

Even in the sun, I wouldn't wish my worst enemy a trip to Stoke :brock:.

SRL88's Career - September 2017 - Békéscsaba 1912 Elore SE

OTP Bank Liga

I've decided to change this to its sponsored name so I can actually spell it

BeacutekeacutescsabaiEl1510reFC_FixturesSchedule_zps6d3ffce4.png

OTPBankLiga_OverviewStages_zps91fd8f4a.png

A superb run of form as we rocketed up the table through the month. The month kicked off with a brilliant performance as we trounced Mezokovesd. We followed it up with an admittedly poor performance away to Kaposvar but we managed to battle our way to a win despite the poor performance with a goal deep into injury time. A very solid performance at home to Debrecen followed. We made them look average for sixty five minutes, and deservedly took the lead in the 55th minute, but the game turned when we had a man sent off in the 65th minute. We managed to handle all the pressure for a hard earned 1-0 win. Another average performance followed, this time at home, but two goals from Andras Bubori (YP21) sent us onto our way to a 2-1 win. A solid draw rounded the month off as we came from a goal down to grab a point.

UEFA Europa League Group Stage

BeacutekeacutescsabaiEl1510reFC_FixturesSchedule-2_zps3f6c2c3c.png

UEFAEuropaLeague_OverviewStages_zps1a54bb05.png

A massive result to kick off the group stage. It was such a smash and grab draw and I really wasn't expecting it. Fenerbache battered us throughout and should have been our of sight, but their poor finishing ended up costing them as we scored right against the run of play to steal a point.

Magyar Ligakupa Group Stage

BeacutekeacutescsabaiEl1510reFC_FixturesSchedule-3_zpsfaa8afbc.png

MagyarLigakupa_OverviewStages_zpseb707636.png

A solid start to our defence of the Ligakupa. We started with a defeat and it wasn't a surprise because we weren't at our best. It took a late goal to beat us, but it was deserved. We managed to get our group stage off and running though with a solid 2-1 win against Debrecen. We came from behind to grab the win with Adam Viczian (YP1) grabbing the winner.

Definitely drew a tough Europa group, but the tie against Fenerbache is a great start!
Best season for sure! Good luck in Europe, grab some cash!
Decent Fenerbahce draw.
Epic draw against Fenerbahce :cool: Hopefully it will boost your finances after playing your group matches.

Couldn't have really wished for a better start in Europe to be honest.

To constantly be in mid table and manage a few cups at this stage is fantastic work mate. Promising start against Fenerbache too in the Europa, think the aim has to be at least pick a few more points up even if it's just for the sake of the prize money rather than getting out of the group.

To constantly be in mid table and manage a few cups at this stage is fantastic work mate. Promising start against Fenerbache too in the Europa, think the aim has to be at least pick a few more points up even if it's just for the sake of the prize money rather than getting out of the group.

Cheers fella. I have to say, success has come a lot quicker than I expected. I checked the rules for the league last night and if you qualify for Europe through the league (2nd or 3rd) you only go into the First Qualifying Round of the Europa League where as winning the Magyar Kupa gets you into the Second Qualifying Round. Pretty daft really, but it adds that extra incentive to win the cup rather than do well in the league.

As for Europe, if we can draw a couple of our home games, and that plus the draw in Turkey will give us nearly £300k. That will help massively.

Those rules are a bit tough on the teams in 2nd and 3rd, but as you say if you just aim for the cup and a healthy league position at the minute until the rankings improve it's more beneficial to you to go down that route.

Very tough. I would have thought Third Qualifying Round would have made more sense, but apparently not. Like you say, until the rankings improve it will probably be best to go for the cup, although starting earlier in Europe could be used as some good pre-season games. We need the Hungarian teams to start doing better in Europe though, but that could take a while.

Very good start to the season,can't say I was expecting you to be that close to first after ten games!

Neither was I to be fair. Suppose that is what a good month does for you.

SRL88's Career - October 2017 - Békéscsaba 1912 Elore SE

OTP Bank Liga

BeacutekeacutescsabaiEl1510reFC_FixturesSchedule_zps007036b0.png

OTPBankLiga_OverviewStages-2_zps6fdac17e.png

Another solid month to keep us in touch with the teams at the top of the table. The month started with a tense tie against ZTE. We canceled each other out rather going all out for the win as neither side pushed forward to much. We followed it up by coming from a goal down at half time to grab a brilliant win away to Ferencvaros. Adam Viczian (YP1) pulled us level and just over ten minutes later we went into the lead and held on for a big win. The month rounded off with another solid win as we had to defend for much of the game but a goal just past the hour gave us the lead, and from there we weren't really troubled.

BeacutekeacutescsabaiEl1510reFC_FixturesSchedule-2_zps7cd2ee0b.png

UEFAEuropaLeague_OverviewStages_zpse529bab5.png

I honestly have to say that I am gutted. Against Stoke we didn't offer to much as an attacking threat and defended for long, long spells and defended very well. The only goal of the game though came in the 92nd minute to deny us what would have been a big point. It was a similar story against Dynamo Kyiv, but we offered much more going forward. We had to defend early on but played our way into the game and then became a threat on the counter. I was once again gutted as we conceded twice in a couple of minutes to deny us another point.

BeacutekeacutescsabaiEl1510reFC_FixturesSchedule-3_zpse89db358.png

MagyarLigakupa_OverviewStages_zps0d16e149.png

A bit gutted I must say. We never play well away to Gyor so I wasn't surprised to see us fall to defeat there, but our big opportunity came against Ferencvaros to keep us within touching distance of qualification. We played really well, taking the lead before the half hour mark. We played really well and should have finished them off but just didn't take our chances and conceded with ten minutes remaining.

You're doing brilliantly in the league, the other competitions seem to be tougher on you at the minute but if you can maintain this league form it'll be a big step in the right direction :thup:

I know I said that the cup offers a better route to Europe, but I think the improvements in the league has to be the priority. What impresses me most is that we just keep going with this brilliant start, despite the sheer number of games we're playing.

SRL88's Career - November 2017 - Békéscsaba 1912 Elore SE

OTP Bank Liga

BeacutekeacutescsabaiEl1510reFC_FixturesSchedule_zpsc00ebd72.png

OTPBankLiga_OverviewStages_zps90fcf8cf.png

A very solid month considering we faced three tricky away fixtures. The month kicked off with a disappointing performance away to Gyor. That is the one club we consistently struggle against and we fell to a 2-0 defeat. We did bounce back well though with a solid win against Szolnoki. We started very well and should have been ahead inside fifteen minutes but failed to take our chances. That allowed them back into the match but neither team scored until the 63rd minute when we took the lead. It didn't take us long to add a second through Milan Buza (YP6). They pulled one back late on but we held on for a solid win. A fantastic performance at home to Honved followed as we came from a goal down to destroy them. Zsolt Sztrunga stole the show with a hat-trick and a goal each from Andras Bubori (YP21) and Sandor Vincze (YP14) scored in a 5-1 win. The month rounded off with a disappointing draw away to Videoton, a game we really didn't deserve to lose.

BeacutekeacutescsabaiEl1510reFC_FixturesSchedule-2_zps51acae64.png

UEFAEuropaLeague_OverviewStages_zps3438e0fd.png

Probably our worst performance in our four games so far. We just didn't turn up as Kyiv sealed a comfortable 2-0 win.

Magyar Kupa Fourth Round

BeacutekeacutescsabaiEl1510reFC_FixturesSchedule-3_zps9bafd9aa.png

We were given a tough game but managed to battle through it to make the Fifth Round. It took over an hour for us to take the lead and despite having chances it wasn't until stoppage time when we finally sealed the game.

BeacutekeacutescsabaiEl1510reFC_FixturesSchedule-4_zps88f1b82d.png

MagyarLigakupa_OverviewStages_zpse02c5013.png

A disappointing defence to our crown, but I have to say I'm not to fussed due to the fact that there is literally no money available in this competition. We were poor performance against Debrecen but played much better against Gyor. How we lost I don't know, but our defence let us down as we conceded two late goals to lose a one goal lead.

Very good season in the league,shame about your cup defence though.

I honestly couldn't care less about the Ligakupa. Like I said, you don't get a penny at any stage of the competition other than from tickets sold. I would much rather focus on other competitions but you're stuck playing the same teams every season. Very boring.

SRL88's Career - December 2017 - Békéscsaba 1912 Elore SE

OTP Bank Liga

BeacutekeacutescsabaiEl1510reFC_FixturesSchedule_zpsdf97fddc.png

OTPBankLiga_OverviewStages_zps0ba0492e.png

A very solid win to round out the year. We dominated the game but struggled to break them down and were shocked to fall behind in the 70th minute. The comeback however was fantastic. Substitute Bela Gyomber (YP5) grabbed a brace either side of a penalty to give us a 3-1 win.

BeacutekeacutescsabaiEl1510reFC_FixturesSchedule-2_zps3e8332e6.png

UEFAEuropaLeague_OverviewStages_zpseaf1408c.png

A mixed end to our European campaign, but we did manage to get our first win at this stage. We fell behind against Fenerbache but battled back well. We scored the winner on the hour through Adam Viczian (YP1) to give us a massive win. Going into the Stoke game, if we had beaten them 2-0 we would have gone through, but it wasn't to be as we were completely outplayed as we fell to a heavy defeat.

Magyar Kupa Fifth Round

BeacutekeacutescsabaiEl1510reFC_FixturesSchedule-3_zpsa993d21b.png

Two solid performances to see us through. We were guilty of complacency in the first leg. We were brilliant going forward as we tore them apart, but after going three goals up we switched off and conceded twice to give us a tougher task ahead of the second leg. In the end, it didn't matter as we comfortably beat them 2-0 in the second leg.

The win sets up a double header against NBII side Tatabanya in the Quarter-Final.

OK, now you simply have to challenge for a top-3 place in the league and give a solid fight in the cup. Or maybe don't mind the cup and concentrate on the league. Europe is a must - that's an order, soldier! :D

Kinda, almost, maybe, just, probably... having a little outside shot at the title already there?

Massive run in Europe, it's getting better and better there apart from that cold wet Thursday evening at Stoke. How's your board in terms of youth investment, can you tell them to stuff all of the European prize money into it?

OK, now you simply have to challenge for a top-3 place in the league and give a solid fight in the cup. Or maybe don't mind the cup and concentrate on the league. Europe is a must - that's an order, soldier! :D

Qualification for Europe through the league would be a big step forward for the club.

I knew that might be a pain after a while.

Certainly not arguing about it. Very tedious.

Kinda, almost, maybe, just, probably... having a little outside shot at the title already there?

Massive run in Europe, it's getting better and better there apart from that cold wet Thursday evening at Stoke. How's your board in terms of youth investment, can you tell them to stuff all of the European prize money into it?

It would be nice, but I'm not aiming for it. As for facilities, the Youth Facilities are currently ongoing and the junior coaching is excellent now due to investment.

SRL88's Career - February & March 2018 - Békéscsaba 1912 Elore SE

OTP Bank Liga

BeacutekeacutescsabaiEl1510reFC_FixturesSchedule_zps18c2eeea.png

OTPBankLiga_OverviewStages_zpsbcf0968e.png

A very solid month to keep us up just behind the leading two in the league. The month started with a dominant performance against Eger and we took the lead early on through Adam Viczian (YP1). We continued to dominate but failing to take our chances which left us nervy at the back. Finally though we sealed the game in the final ten minutes. Another dominant performance followed as MTK failed to register a shot at all. It was all us, but a mixture of poor finishing, heroic goalkeeping and the woodwork denied us what should have been an easy three points. We were poor in the following game and fell down to ten men in the second half, but managed to hang on for a solid point. The month rounded off with a cracking win on the road. A first half goal was added to in stoppage time in the second half following a goalkeeping error to give us a very good three points.

Magyar Kupa Quarter-Final

BeacutekeacutescsabaiEl1510reFC_FixturesSchedule-2_zps78179af8.png

Two comfortable wins against the NBII side as expected really. We fell behind in the first leg but pegged them back with two goals in the first half from Sandor Vincze (YP14). We added a third late in the second half to makes things even more comfortable. The second leg was very straight forward as we breezed to a comfortable win and a 7-2 aggregate win.

Our third Semi-Final in a row see's us face either Videoton or Pecs who have yet to play.

Here's hoping you can hold on and if not win the league at least finish in the top 3.

On a side note i have to thank you for inadvertantely introducing me to the Hungarian league. Currently 1.5 seasons in with Szeged 2011 ans won the cup in season 1 and on course for promotion season 2. Thouroughly enjoyable save save far.

Here's hoping you can hold on and if not win the league at least finish in the top 3.

On a side note i have to thank you for inadvertantely introducing me to the Hungarian league. Currently 1.5 seasons in with Szeged 2011 ans won the cup in season 1 and on course for promotion season 2. Thouroughly enjoyable save save far.

Even finishing in the top three would be a huge achievement. Especially when it is only our fourth season in the top flight.

You won the Magyar Kupa? Excellent work :thup:. Keep it up fella.

Even finishing in the top three would be a huge achievement. Especially when it is only our fourth season in the top flight.

You won the Magyar Kupa? Excellent work :thup:. Keep it up fella.

Yeah won the Magyar Kupa 1st season. Nobody was more surprised than me TBF. Was going to try to emulate yor youth regime but lack of funds and facilities mean i may have to actually buy some players to tide me over till i can improve the facilities. Only had 1 decent youth through and a few of my team are now 32-35+.

Yeah won the Magyar Kupa 1st season. Nobody was more surprised than me TBF. Was going to try to emulate yor youth regime but lack of funds and facilities mean i may have to actually buy some players to tide me over till i can improve the facilities. Only had 1 decent youth through and a few of my team are now 32-35+.

Youth challenges are tough. To be fair, I didn't think I would ever do one. I am really enjoying it, but the first season was a bit of a struggle, especially with some of the rules I set myself.

Youth challenges are tough. To be fair, I didn't think I would ever do one. I am really enjoying it, but the first season was a bit of a struggle, especially with some of the rules I set myself.

Yeah i tried following the rules you had for the 1st 2 sesons and just couldnt do it. going to try and build a younger squad and then try to bring through the youth through now.

Yeah i tried following the rules you had for the 1st 2 sesons and just couldnt do it. going to try and build a younger squad and then try to bring through the youth through now.

Hope it all goes well :thup:.

SRL88's Career - April 2018 - Békéscsaba 1912 Elore SE

OTP Bank Liga

BeacutekeacutescsabaiEl1510reFC_FixturesSchedule_zps2701aca6.png

OTPBankLiga_OverviewStages_zpse02a1457.png

A really solid month which keeps us right at the top as the title looks like it is going to the wire. We started the month with a nervy performance against Kaposvar but a thunderbolt from Bela Gyomber (YP5) in the first half was enough to give us the three points. It should have been another three points against Debrecen. We were leading 1-0 until deep into stoppage time when a defensive lapse cost us dearly. We followed it up with a fabulous performance at home. We were quick out of the blocks, taking the lead inside three minutes. We needed that second just to make things secure and did that in the second half. We added a third to further secure the win. We followed it up with a massive win away to ZTE. We were trailing Gyor by four points and needed a win to keep the pressure on them. We put in a very good performance and took the lead in the first half. We conceded in the second half which would have left us three points behind them, but a goal with just over ten minutes remaining gave us a massive, massive win. A fantastic performance followed against Gyor but we were unable to win the game which would have taken us top of the table. We absolutely battered them but went behind against the run of play in the 75th minute. Needing a goal we were giving a lifeline and Patrik Poor smashed the awarded penalty into the roof of the net to give us a point.

Magyar Kupa Semi-Final 1st Leg

BeacutekeacutescsabaiEl1510reFC_FixturesSchedule-2_zps60e3479c.png

We have left ourselves with it all to do ahead of the second leg. We weren't at our best throughout the game. We fell behind in the second half but leveled the match from the penalty spot straight away. I thought it would have spurred us on but it didn't and two goals from Videoton in the final five minutes give us a tough hill to climb.

Archived