• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
757523com320pxuefa.png

Group Stage Draw

UEFAChampionsLeague_OverviewStages_zps801a440c.png

UEFAChampionsLeague_OverviewStages-2_zps4b08dba1.png

UEFAChampionsLeague_OverviewStages-3_zps8fc9741a.png

I never expected anything other than an impossible draw, but we shall go into this giving it all we've got. I fully expect to get battered a few times.

Thats a bad draw but Wait till you see the draw I get with Banants in the CL groups it's even tougher...

SRL furiously reloads

:D

I don't envy you that draw.

Yeah it isn't easy at all.

Remarkable achievement to reach the group stages and also good to see the board putting the money to good use.As for the group,I hope you can keep the scorelines respectable :D

I can see a few 4-0+ scores when we go to the Etihad and the San Siro for example.

Congrats on qualifying for the Group stage, but ouch...that draw was not nice to you.

I suppose we need to get used to it if we are to be playing at this stage on a consistent ant basis.

Thats a bad draw but Wait till you see the draw I get with Banants in the CL groups it's even tougher...

I will keep an eye out :D.

Bekescsaba-Elore_zpseb6bae19.png

SRL88's Career - September 2018 - Békéscsaba 1912 Elore SE

OTP Bank Liga

BeacutekeacutescsabaiEl1510reFC_FixturesSchedule_zps1fe686da.png

OTPBankLiga_OverviewStages_zpsf3808264.png

A very solid month as we continue our solid start to the season. The month kicked off with a solid win away to MTK. We fell behind after fifteen minutes despite dominating proceedings until that point. We continued to press and were rewarded right on half time. We continued to be the better team in the second half, but it took us until the 73rd to take the lead. A third was added late on to secure the three points. We followed that up with a fabulous display against Diosgyor at home. A goal just after the half hour gave us the lead. Not long into the second half we doubled our league. A third was added through Norbert Baranyai (YP26) scored his first ever senior goal to give us a 3-0 win. Another good win continued the month although a much changed side due to tiredness were second best for much of the game. Karoly Disztl (YP15) gave us the lead before the break, and not long into the second half Adam Viczian (YP1) doubled our lead. We spent much of the second half defending, but our defence stood firm as we held on for a 2-0 win. The month rounded off with an excellent performance away to Debrecen to hold them to a goalless draw.

UEFA Champions League Group Stage

BeacutekeacutescsabaiEl1510reFC_FixturesSchedule-2_zps455210ca.png

UEFAChampionsLeague_OverviewStages-4_zps0e8fd9dc.png

We put in a gutsy performance in Germany as we kept Schalke out for 85 minutes. We did tire though throughout the game which is when Schalke took advantage and scored twice late on.

Magyar Ligakupa Group Stage

BeacutekeacutescsabaiEl1510reFC_FixturesSchedule-3_zps61ba2d0c.png

MagyarLigakupa_OverviewStages_zps496f18d2.png

A very solid start to our group stage. We traveled to Ferencvaros and got off to a flyer as we took the lead inside two minutes. A second was added before the half hour through Roland Fulop (YP13). Ferencvaros pulled one back in the second half and although they pressed, we hit them on the counter in stoppage time to add a third. We followed it up with a draw against Gyor but could have easily taken all three points. We were brilliant going forward but when we got closer to goal our finishing let us down.

Not a bad start at all considering you've had to juggle with the CL, that money will be a huge boost long term. Even though it's a tough group if you can get 2 wins from somewhere that extra money will be massive, hopefully you even reaching the group stage should boost the nations ranking though no matter what happens from here.

SRL88's Career - October 2018 - Békéscsaba 1912 Elore SE

OTP Bank Liga

BeacutekeacutescsabaiEl1510reFC_FixturesSchedule_zpsf92526e9.png

OTPBankLiga_OverviewStages_zpsf0e45035.png

A cracking month and our first 100% month of the season. The month kicked off with a solid win away to Eger. We weren't at our best throughout the game but managed to battle our way to victory. We did start well with Bela Gyomber (YP5) giving us the lead after twelve minutes and he added his second of the game six minutes before the break. Eger pulled one back in the second half but we managed to hold on for a solid win. We followed it up with a very comfortable win at home to Mezokovesd We started really quickly and found ourselves 3-0 up inside sixteen minutes. Apparently that was enough for us to take our foot off the gas and allowed them back into the game. We were poor in the second half and although they pulled one back, they didn't do enough to cause us to many problems but I wasn't happy with the performance. Another storming start saw us fly into a 4-0 lead inside thirty minutes with Adam Viczian (YP1) scoring a hat-trick. Honved pulled two back in as many minutes before the break, much to my annoyance. I told the lads to guard against complacency and it seemed to work as we put in a solid second half display. We added a fifth late on to further seal the game.

BeacutekeacutescsabaiEl1510reFC_FixturesSchedule-2_zps9c9a3a0f.png

UEFAChampionsLeague_OverviewStages_zps98fcc981.png

Is that drink still on offer then Shevchenko?

A brilliant draw against Manchester City allowed us to revel from getting a point against Man City. We conceded inside five minutes but managed to battle on and leveled through Adam Viczian (YP1). Man City dominated the second half but our defence was fantastic as we held on for a brilliant point. We put in a brilliant performance in the San Siro to follow it up but it wasn't enough to get anything from the game. It took Inter over thirty minutes to break us down. they added a second after half time before pulling one back in the final ten minutes. We nearly pinched a point as Karoly Disztl (YP15) rattled the woodwork in stoppage time.

Magyar Kupa Fourth Round

BeacutekeacutescsabaiEl1510reFC_FixturesSchedule-3_zps311367e1.png

A solid win as we continue our defence to our trophy. We played really well and took an early lead. Ferencvaros leveled things less than ten minutes later but just after the half hour mark we scored again. Just minutes later we added a third as we went in at the break 3-1 up. The second half passed by without much incident although the did pull one back in stoppage time.

The win see's us move into the Fifth Round where we have been drawn against Diosgyor.

Magyar Ligakupa Group Stage

BeacutekeacutescsabaiEl1510reFC_FixturesSchedule-4_zps5825eb1c.png

MagyarLigakupa_OverviewStages_zps83e3c302.png

We go into the final two games with a good chance of progressing but I can see it going down to the final game. We were really poor against Debrecen and fell to a deserved 3-0 defeat. We did keep ourselves in contention though with a solid 2-1 win over Ferencvaros.

Not a bad start at all considering you've had to juggle with the CL, that money will be a huge boost long term. Even though it's a tough group if you can get 2 wins from somewhere that extra money will be massive, hopefully you even reaching the group stage should boost the nations ranking though no matter what happens from here.

Yeah the money and coefficients will be huge for the club, but also for the country which could help us massively in terms of future qualification. We need to keep it up though or else it could go waste.

A really incredible rise with 1912 Elore, and a really impressive start to your Champions League campaign. It's very hard to see you qualifying from here, but that sort of money will set you up as a powerhouse in Hungary for ages.

Damn... Any plans visiting Lviv? :D The drink will be on me :D

I will hold you to it :brock:.

A really incredible rise with 1912 Elore, and a really impressive start to your Champions League campaign. It's very hard to see you qualifying from here, but that sort of money will set you up as a powerhouse in Hungary for ages.

We won't qualify, and I never expected to either. We've made a lot of money from Europe this season and I am delighted with how we have performed.

Maybe you could at least get that 3rd spot for europa

Maybe in the league, but not Europe :p.

SRL88's Career - November 2018 - Békéscsaba 1912 Elore SE

OTP Bank Liga

BeacutekeacutescsabaiEl1510reFC_FixturesSchedule_zps0a968ee0.png

OTPBankLiga_OverviewStages_zpsd51274eb.png

Another cracking month to keep our fantastic run of form going as we top the table now with a game in hand. We kicked the month off with a flying start away to BKV as we took the lead inside ten minutes. We should have put the game to bed but our finishing let us down and we paid for it when they leveled things after 70 minutes. It didn't take us long however to retake the lead as Adam Viczian (YP1) scored and we hung on for a 2-1 win. A brilliant performance at home to Ferencvaros saw us batter them 4-0 before a very hard fought win against ZTE. The month rounded off with a good win at home to Paks as we made it eight wins in a row.

BeacutekeacutescsabaiEl1510reFC_FixturesSchedule-2_zps1e06afe8.png

UEFAChampionsLeague_OverviewStages_zpscac70e39.png

Two brilliant performances from us. We picked up a brilliant point at home to Inter as we matched them throughout. The Schalke game saw us second best for long spells but we came so close to grabbing another point until an own-goal in stoppage time denied us yet another valuable draw.

Magyar Ligakupa

BeacutekeacutescsabaiEl1510reFC_FixturesSchedule-3_zps67dfc300.png

MagyarLigakupa_OverviewStages_zps7b85b0eb.png

A win over Debrecen allowed us to book a Quarter-Final place. We had to come from a goal down which we conceded in the second half, but battled back well and a goal deep into injury time gave us the win. We played an entertaining sixty minutes away to Gyor but with the teams locked at 2-2 we had a man sent off which completely changed the game and we went on to take a stuffing.

Despite the Gyor defeat we booked our Quarter-Final place.

With such a fantastic season all around morale should be sky high and if you will stay injury free - at least one cup and the league title should be there for the taking.

It would be nice if we could continue winning trophies every season but it isn't something I expect. We have been lucky injury wise this season, but with the number of fixtures our players are knackered at times.

Amazing to see you got a draw against Man City and Inter :cool:

Cheers dude :).

Great group stage performance, if you beat City away no matter how unlikely it can be you make Europa

Yeah, I can't see that happening :D.

Good cl results
Fantastic CL results!

Cheers lads :thup:.

SRL88's Career - December 2018 - Békéscsaba 1912 Elore SE

OTP Bank Liga

BeacutekeacutescsabaiEl1510reFC_FixturesSchedule_zps81c69dcd.png

OTPBankLiga_OverviewStages_zps6d254110.png

A hard fought win which allows for us to go into the new year top of the table. We had to really battle for the three points, especially in the second half. It took us only fifteen minutes to take the lead which came through Sandor Vincze (YP14). Before half-time we added a second but after the break we were bombarded with attack after attack. We had to defend for pretty much the whole half and Kaposvar finally pulled one back just after the hour mark. Although they could have easily leveled things, we managed to hold out for a big win.

BeacutekeacutescsabaiEl1510reFC_FixturesSchedule-3_zps306ef991.png

UEFAChampionsLeague_OverviewStages_zpsfc08121e.png

Well it had to happen at some point didn't it?! We gave it our best effort against Man City and did have a few good chances, but as expected they were way to strong for us.

Magyar Kupa Fifth Round

BeacutekeacutescsabaiEl1510reFC_FixturesSchedule-2_zps0fc25ab0.png

Two close ties which we managed to battle our way through. The first leg was very even and both sides matched each other but they took the advantage in the tie with a first half goal. We managed to overturn the deficit in the second leg as two goals inside the first half hour gave us the lead in the tie. Karoly Disztl (YP15) added our third in the night just before the hour as it looked like we would be going through comfortably, but Diosgyor made for a nervy finish when they scored with ten minutes remaining.

The win moves us into the Quarter-Final where we will play Videoton.

SRL88's Career - February 2019 - Békéscsaba 1912 Elore SE

Magyar Kupa Quarter-Final 1st Leg

BeacutekeacutescsabaiEl1510reFC_FixturesSchedule_zpsdc07ebc4.png

A very good advantage for us to take into the second leg. It was a tight game, but just after half time we grabbed the only goal of the game through Adam Viczian (YP1)

Magyar Ligakupa Quarter-Final 1st Leg

BeacutekeacutescsabaiEl1510reFC_FixturesSchedule-2_zpsf824ab79.png

Another competition which we have the advantage in. We were given a few problems in the game but took the lead in the eighteenth minute through Karoly Disztl (YP15). Mezokovesd leveled the game before the break, and although both sides had chances in the second half we kept each other at bay as the game finished 1-1.

Youth Intake 2018/19

StevenLongstaff_NewsInbox_zpsc9fc7105.png

BeacutekeacutescsabaiEl1510reFCYouthCandidates_SquadPlayers_zps36928faa.png

Probably one of our better intakes to be fair, especially potential ability wise. We also have a player who is able to play as a defensive midfielder, finally...

Adam Kovacs

Adrian Csiszar

Gabor Ugrai

Karoly Juhasz

Mihaly Juhasz

Norbert Baranyai

Norbert Suli

Roland Belvon

Roland Nagy

Roland Szeverenyi

Tamas Hegedus

A brilliant run in all competitions. Must have earned a few millions in the CL as those major clubs usually have large attendances.

We are certainly financially secure. I have no qualms about looking at our finances every five minutes :D.

StevenLongstaff_NewsInbox_zps34d0da9b.png

My first ever offer to take a job in International management. Of course I have to accept this...

200px-MLSZ_zps64cf4f72.png

StevenLongstaff_NewsInbox-3_zps6fc1ef8e.png

So my first job in International management is with the Hungarian U19's. I am really looking forward to getting stuck in and its going to be a lot of fun having a lot of my own players in the squad too.

Brilliant going so far,good to see you managed to get two draws in the Cl with a group like that!Also good to see that the youth intakes are treating you nicely as well.

Best of luck with Hungary u19's :thup:

Welcome to International Management, gonna be fun :thup:

Yeah I am looking forward to it :).

Good youth intake

One of our best.

Brilliant going so far,good to see you managed to get two draws in the Cl with a group like that!Also good to see that the youth intakes are treating you nicely as well.

Best of luck with Hungary u19's :thup:

Everything has gone right so far for us which is really helpful. If we can continue moving forward, getting into Europe every year etc we can develop all of the facilities and start bringing through better players too.

SRL88's Career - March 2019 - Békéscsaba 1912 Elore SE

OTP Bank Liga

BeacutekeacutescsabaiEl1510reFC_FixturesSchedule_zpsf556ef01.png

OTPBankLiga_OverviewStages_zps1c93452f.png

A brilliant month on reflection as opened up a bit of a gap at the top of the table. The month kicked off with a fantastic win at home to Gyor. Although we weren't at our best but an early goal gave us the advantage and something to hold onto. We defended for large spells in both halves as Gyor looked for a second but just after the hour mark we added a second which gave us that bit of breathing space. The goal killed off Gyor and from there on we saw the game out for a hard earned 2-0 win. A crazy game followed as we found ourselves two goals up just before the hour only to throw it away by conceding twice in as many minutes. We kept pushing and were finally rewarded when we scored two late goals for a 4-2 win. Two frustrating draws followed, especially the latter as we dominated but just couldn't put the game to bed, and we paid for it in stoppage time. The month rounded off with a win however as we comfortably beat Pecs 3-0.

Magyar Ligakupa Quarter-Final 2nd Leg

BeacutekeacutescsabaiEl1510reFC_FixturesSchedule-2_zps9f1ec344.png

Following the draw in the first leg we managed to book our place in the next round. We took an early lead and all looked comfortable but in the 54th minute we conceded against the run of play to open the tie back up. We managed to score three goals in the final fifteen minutes to win the tie.

The win sets up a Semi-Final tie against MTK.

ligakupa_zps90a2fedf.jpg

Magyar Ligakupa Final

Route to the Final

Group Stage

BeacutekeacutescsabaiEl1510reFC_FixturesSchedule_zpsb8eff262.png

MagyarLigakupa_OverviewStages_zps014c0129.png

We had a very mixed Group Stage and had to settle for a place in the Quarter-Final as one of the best runners-up. We started well by taking four points from our first two games, but a defeat away to Debrecen knocked us back. We needed to beat Ferencvaros which we did and then a win against Debrecen at home allowed for us to book our place in the next round, although that wasn't confrimed until after the Gyor defeat.

Knockout Phase

BeacutekeacutescsabaiEl1510reFC_FixturesSchedule-2_zps7b1cd26e.png

We had to battle our way through both rounds but we managed to do so. After a draw in the Quarter-Final First Leg we managed to book our Semi-Final place. Against MTK we found ourselves 3-1 up at one point but let the two goal lead slip. We played out another draw in the Second Leg to book our place in the Final on away goals.

The Match

Gy1510rvBeacutekeacutescsaba_PitchSplit_zpsd275e5eb.png

A brilliant, and very hard fought win. We started really slow and fell behind very early on. It took us a while to get going but once we did we started threatening and leveled the game just before the half hour mark. At half time I tweaked our tactics at half time to try and tighten things up at the back and it worked as Gyor struggled to break us down. In the 54th minute a mistake at the back allowed Bela Gyomber (YP5) to pick the ball up on the halfway line and race through to calmly slot the ball home to give us the lead. We were forced to hang on late in the game but managed to do so to claim our second Ligakupa in three years.

You are banging those trophies in Ferguson-style, should be an icon by the end of the season.

It is nice that we have that winning mentality in the club.

SRL88's Career - April 2019 - Békéscsaba 1912 Elore SE

OTP Bank Liga

BeacutekeacutescsabaiEl1510reFC_FixturesSchedule_zpscd811708.png

OTPBankLiga_OverviewStages_zps13593566.png

A brilliant month which was defensively sound and saw us close within one win of the title. The month kicked off with a pretty poor performance at home to Debrecen. We didn't play well at all, especially in the first half. We did come out a better side in the second half and Andras Dlusztus (YP4) gave us the lead. We didn't really deserve the win, but our defence stood firm to see us grab another three points. We followed it up with a very good performance against Eger. We took a very early lead and had doubled it by the 20th minute. We added a third in the second half to further secure the win. A brilliant performance away to Videoton came just days after we played them in the Magyar Kupa as Andras Dlusztus (YP4) scored his third goal in as many games to give us the three points. The month rounded off with a 0-0 draw away to Mezkovesd.

Magyar Kupa Quarter-Final 2nd Leg

BeacutekeacutescsabaiEl1510reFC_FixturesSchedule-2_zps96e2e582.png

A disappointing result, especially after the first round but we were our own worst enemy. We conceded inside fifteen minutes to level the tie and the rest of the game went by without to much incident. We were really poor in the shootout, missing three of our five penalties as we exited the competition.

Magyar Ligakupa Semi-Final & Final

BeacutekeacutescsabaiEl1510reFC_FixturesSchedule-3_zps45de2bea.png

A brilliant achievement from the lads as we managed to battle our way past MTK before beating Gyor 2-1 in the Final. We had to come from a goal down in the Final to get the win, but a Bela Gyomber (YP5) brace was enough to ensure victory.

Forget the Kupa, you are sure to win the title and that's what important. Defenders must be brilliant, not to concede for a whole month is always nice.

It is probably the major benefit with not bringing players in that I am not having to settle people in.

200px-MLSZ_zps64cf4f72.png

SRL88's Career - May 2019 - Hungary U19's

UEFA U19 Qualifiers - Second Qualifying Round

HungaryUnder19s_FixturesSchedule_zps4a380add.png

UEFAUnder-19ChampionshipQualifiers_OverviewStages_zps521e38c4.png

My first games in charge of the U19 squad were tough competitive fixtures which could have seen us qualify for the U19 European Championships. It was tricky as I was trying to get used to other players who weren't mine and finding the best roles for them. We played well away to Norway and were unlucky in defeat. We fell behind twice against Switzerland but battled back to what looked like could have been my first win in charge, but a goal in the 90th minute denied us the win. We faced England to round off qualification and despite starting slow we put in a good shift against a much better nation. A late goal from them resulted in a 1-0 defeat.

SRL88's Career - April 2019 - Békéscsaba 1912 Elore SE

OTP Bank Liga

BeacutekeacutescsabaiEl1510reFC_FixturesSchedule_zps8919f452.png

OTPBankLiga_OverviewStages_zps0af7f21f.png

A very solid month to round off the campaign. I decided to give a lot of players an opportunity to shine against Elore and in the first half it didn't work. I made some changes at the break and we came out a better side, scoring three second half goals in a 3-0 win. We followed it up with a much better performance against Honved as a goal each from Karoly Disztl (YP15) and Andras Dlusztus (YP4) gave us a solid win. We put in a brilliant shift against Pecs but just couldn't break them down in a frustrating draw. The season rounded off with a solid draw away to Ferencvaros as we fell behind twice, but the returning Adam Viczian (YP1) scored to give us a point.

StevenLongstaff_NewsInbox-2_zps5a46956b.png

StevenLongstaff_NewsInbox-3_zps37ba0fc1.png

A brilliant achievement for Karoly as he has claimed both the Player, and Young Player of the Year Awards.

StevenLongstaff_NewsInbox_zps5a4bff3b.png

Always nice to see one of your players in the Team of the Year.

Archived